• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Customisation Returns; Pokémon Amie is now Pokémon Refresh

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Csz9HKZVUAA3YvL.jpg

Good news! Today's Sun and Moon news has revealed that you can get rid of the female trainer's utterly dreadful chicken hat! Trainer customisation has returned from Pokémon X and Y, and seems to have been improved in a big way. Firstly, there's a wider variety of clothing and hairstyles to choose from for both genders, and you can now remove the characters' hats entirely.

There's also a cool new feature that allows you to take white items of clothing and dye them different colours, so your trainer can be truly unique.

pokemon_-refresh_770x562.png

Next up is another feature very similar to one we've seen before. Pokémon Refresh is a new mechanic based on Pokémon Amie from XY and ORAS. In it, you can brush dirt from your Pokémon after battles, cure their status conditions, and feed them Poké Beans, as well as petting them.

Like Pokémon that have been interacted with a lot through Pokémon Amie, Pokémon you've cared for a lot using Pokémon Refresh will care more for you, which manifests itself in the same way it did it XY and ORAS – sometimes a Pokémon will dodge an attack it otherwise wouldn't, or hold on when it's on the verge of fainting.

sept20_p06_01.jpg sept20_p06_02.jpg sept20_p06_03.jpg sept20_p06_04.jpg sept20_p06_05.jpg sept20_p06_06.jpg sept20_p06_07.jpg sept20_p06_08.jpg
371343_toc-header.png

Attachments

• pokemon_-refresh_770x562.png
    pokemon_-refresh_770x562.png
    756.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Dying clothes! I wonder if there's a limited number of dye choices or if we can mix them together and etc. Though having that option makes me a lot happier~ I can't wait to sprite all the hairstyles and outfits again :'D

I wonder what mini-games we'll have with Pokemon Refresh, if any. I got pretty good at Berry Picker and the puzzle game 8D

Good news! Today's Sun and Moon news has revealed that you can get rid of the female trainer's utterly dreadful chicken hat! Trainer customisation has returned from Pokémon X and Y, and seems to have been improved in a big way. Firstly, there's a wider variety of clothing and hairstyles to choose from for both genders, and you can now remove the characters' hats entirely.

There's also a cool new feature that allows you to take white items of clothing and dye them different colours, so your trainer can be truly unique.

Next up is another feature very similar to one we've seen before. Pokémon Refresh is a new mechanic based on Pokémon Amie from XY and ORAS. In it, you can brush dirt from your Pokémon after battles, cure their status conditions, and feed them Poké Beans, as well as petting them.

Like Pokémon that have been interacted with a lot through Pokémon Amie, Pokémon you've cared for a lot using Pokémon Refresh will care more for you, which manifests itself in usual ways – sometimes a Pokémon will dodge an attack it otherwise wouldn't, or hold on when it's on the verge of fainting.
View attachment 371293
Do we know when the next trailer is coming out?

Well it seems there's going to be more options for trainer customization which is awesome. And I love these new monkey Pokémon. Might use them on my team (depending on which version I get of course).

I'm so hyped for this game but I've also been tight on money for a few months now and still haven't been able to preorder it yet xD. Aaaaaaah I still can't wait! I wonder just how much customization will be in this one? I was a little disappointed in the lack of choices for male trainers in XY so I have my fingers crossed for more in SuMo.

How interesting,looks like NX will be a famous console in days!

Now i leave,i will continue playing PKMN Emerald,where you can't personalize your character...you only...catch...T_T

I like that they are bringing back customization, and Pokémon refresh is just a different version of Pokémon-Amie in my opinion. I really like the old games where your first Pokémon in your party folllows behind you, I wish they would bring it back!

In it, you can brush dirt from your Pokémon after battles, cure their status conditions, and feed them Poké Beans, as well as petting them.

Like Pokémon that have been interacted with a lot through Pokémon Amie, Pokémon you've cared for a lot using Pokémon Refresh will care more for you, which manifests itself in usual ways – sometimes a Pokémon will dodge an attack it otherwise wouldn't, or hold on when it's on the verge of fainting.
While I like the idea of being able to cure status w/o items, I'm not sure I like the idea of using it for passive benefits in battle. I never used Pokemon-Amie. Messed with it the first day I had my X version and never touched it again. Now I have to use it to get these benefits? Will these benefits also affect wifi, rating and Battle Maison (whatever it may be called) battles? If so, I won't be a fan of it. I like to assemble teams and go.

That aside, the trailer looked good. I'm diggin' the enhanced trainer customization.

While I like the idea of being able to cure status w/o items, I'm not sure I like the idea of using it for passive benefits in battle. I never used Pokemon-Amie. Messed with it the first day I had my X version and never touched it again. Now I have to use it to get these benefits? Will these benefits also affect wifi, rating and Battle Maison (whatever it may be called) battles? If so, I won't be a fan of it. I like to assemble teams and go.

That aside, the trailer looked good. I'm diggin' the enhanced trainer customization.

I have never used Pokemon Amie on my X, but on omega ruby I figured out that they could dodge move, do crit. hits, and act like a Focus Sash. My Blaziken is hard to beat now, so is my hoopa, and Volcanion.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As much as I enjoyed seeing the customization reconfirmed and learning a bit more about Pokemon Refresh, what I truly love is the artwork that accompanied this news. The Pokemon Company and/or Gamefreak (whichever is predominately responsible) really do a wonderful job these days complementing the various news drops with illustrations. If anything, it's just nice seeing the new Pokemon in different poses/from different angles. ^^

Trainer customisation has returned from Pokémon X and Y, and seems to have been improved in a big way. Firstly, there's a wider variety of clothing and hairstyles to choose from for both genders, and you can now remove the characters' hats entirely.
Finally i can be my emo self, they better have EMo blonde beside Gladion's hair