• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Card Maker Up and Running again

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Sorry for the wait, but it's taken me a few days to have the chance to sit down and find out why the Trainer Card Maker wasn't running on the new server. I've reconfigured some of the setup for it and it should be running smoothly now.

A few caveats though:

1) I didn't upload the D/P trainers last week by accident - and I don't have access to that folder here at the moment. They'll be available to choose again as soon as I'm back to my computer and can upload the folder. In the meantime, there are about 200 custom trainers to choose from - so it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.

2) Although it will say at the end your card will only remain on the server for 30 days after today, that script hasn't been setup yet. If I can, I might see if I can get it sorted tonight to make sure it runs smoothly a month from now - but chances are you'll get upwards of an extra couple weeks out of saving your card to the server. It -will- be deleted at some point after a month though - so don't forget to save it for uploading elsewhere unless you're ok with making a new one every month.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Nice one, Alex. At least now everyone should be happy.
You really do deserve more credit for all the hard work you put in keeping this place up and running.

In a round-about way though, all the topics asking about it's absence does show just how popular and awesome it is ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Someone else mentioned it, but Charms is loading a bit slower since the TCM went back up, isn't it? I'm wondering if that's just a coincidence or if something's up with the data transfer speeds. I really hope this new server is as good as it sounded...

In a round-about way though, all the topics asking about it's absence does show just how popular and awesome it is ^^

Yeah, you're right XD
Recently I noticed that a random person I follow on dA had one of the trainer cards displayed on their "ShoutBoard", which I found pretty cool. It's a small internets ^_~

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Hmm... Someone else mentioned it, but Charms is loading a bit slower since the TCM went back up, isn't it? I'm wondering if that's just a coincidence or if something's up with the data transfer speeds. I really hope this new server is as good as it sounded...

Technically, the processor power of this server is pretty inferior to the previous one. So that would explain the slowdown. But it's good to see where the boundaries can lie - I'm pretty adamant that we were overpowered before. I will probably be upgrading for double processing speed in next month's bill. Should speed things up a lot.

The reason why the other forms of Rotom don't have sprites yet is due to the game not being released in the Americas or Europe yet.

When the TCM was last updated, the Shaymin and Giratina other forme sprites were a bonus.

Until Doctor Oak has time to go and grab the Platinum sprites out, don't expect the Rotom Formes to be on the Trainer Cards yet.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Actually, by the time of the update - the game wasn't even out in Japan. That's the main reason for them not being there - at that point, they simply did not exist.

I haven't updated the TCM with Platinum stuff mostly due to how long it would take to do so. I plan to do so at some point though - but it will be much later in the year, when I have more free time. I'd say the summer's pretty likely.

I'm finding something to be really messed with the Trainer Card system here. And btw, yes, I am new here as a member but I have made Trainer Cards from this site before (And I dare say, they are the best ones here considering they have more characters such as Riley and Sir Auron). But anyway, about the Trainer Cards, it seems to be down again. The last post was made on February 27th and the person said it should be up and running again later that day. But now it's April 30th (in about half an hour for me anyway) and it's still down. My question is: Is someone trying to upgrade it for more characters and more Pokemon sprites (such as the Rotom forms)? Or is someone just screwing around with it?

I believe it was taken down again because the traffic was killing the site. It might be up in the future, after the tournament perhaps?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It will be up again when we've sorted out a new server that will cope with it.

That wont be until after the end of this month.