• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Card Maker Says "Alola!" To Alola

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

As promised in a brief note last night: I am really pleased to announce that the Trainer Card Maker has been updated with all of the new Pokémon found in Alola, including all the Alolan variants of existing Pokémon. I want to extend a huge thank you to every single member of the Pokécharms staff for their efforts in making this possible so early – I couldn't do it alone!

From all of us on staff, we really hope you enjoy this update – and for those of you getting Pokémon Sun and Moon today, do enjoy it! If you want to chat about the new games, we invite you to join us in our Pokémon Sun and Moon forum, take a look at the latest Sun and Moon fanworks in our Creative Corner, or join us in our Role Play section, which has just been opened up to Alolan Pokémon.

Last edited:
Has anybody noticed that a weird mark appears next to Gengar?
408418_Gengar_glitch.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reporting, I'll get that fixed :)

Soon. :)

These are all the pokemon that have this problem

Charizard
Blastoise
Pidgey
Pidgeot
Geodude
Gastly
Gengar
Kangaskhan
Steelix
Scizor
Heracross
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Mawile
Salamence
Metagross
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groundon
Rayquaza
Heatran
Gurdurr
Klink
Klang
Thundurus
Noivern
Xerneas
UB-04 Blaster
UB-04 Blade

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Will there backgrounds with roomfor the18 z crystals? I hope you will be able to add in your z crystals too.
They'd need to be custom made, and the TCM modified to know which backgrounds support badges and which support Z-Crystals, so it's quite a lot of work. While I'm certainly never saying never, it's not something you should expect to see soon. :)

It kinda sucks that the pokedex images don't exist for ash-greninja... Still weird that there's no national dex.

If i were to find a way to get you a sprite image for ash-greninja, would you be able to have it added in? i should be able to find a way to get a transparent Ash-greninja sprite...

Teapot said:
ChespinShinx said:
Will there backgrounds with roomfor the18 z crystals? I hope you will be able to add in your z crystals too.
They'd need to be custom made, and the TCM modified to know which backgrounds support badges and which support Z-Crystals, so it's quite a lot of work. While I'm certainly never saying never, it's not something you should expect to see soon. :)

I have an idea for the Z-Crystals method to work.... have it listed under Badges, and have the Alolan Backgrounds use the section labeled as Z-Crystals, instead of Badges, and the player can pick the desired Z-Crystals from the Badges Section as many as the Badges Section allows... Saves time for new coding, and utilizes code already implemented, just reused for a similar function... After all, there are no badges in Sun & Moon... You are given Z-Crystals instead, in place of badges... So technically, Z-Crystals are the Alolan Equivalent of badges... sorta speak... It works, if ya think about it that way...

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I have an idea for the Z-Crystals method to work.... have it listed under Badges, and have the Alolan Backgrounds use the section labeled as Z-Crystals, instead of Badges, and the player can pick the desired Z-Crystals from the Badges Section as many as the Badges Section allows... Saves time for new coding, and utilizes code already implemented, just reused for a similar function... After all, there are no badges in Sun & Moon... You are given Z-Crystals instead, in place of badges... So technically, Z-Crystals are the Alolan Equivalent of badges... sorta speak... It works, if ya think about it that way...
Well, unfortunately the code isn't set up in a way that allows that (although it should have been!) – so while you're on the right track, it's not quite that simple. Don't worry, though, I have some ideas as to how to approach the problem :)

Well, unfortunately the code isn't set up in a way that allows that (although it should have been!) – so while you're on the right track, it's not quite that simple. Don't worry, though, I have some ideas as to how to approach the problem :)
fair enough.... i guess what i said is a start, and going from here, a small bit of code might be nessecary, and not as much code as initially thought, or so i assume...

I think, and i hope i just lightened the work load on the recoding, but i DO look forward to the Z-Crystals and Alolan Trainer Card Updates with new BGs and Characters