• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Card Maker Notice

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just a notice that to help shift around costs and hopefully balance everything up a bit better, we will be changing servers again within the next week or two. The trainer cards stored on the server currently will not be progressing to the new server, so if you currently have a TCM made trainer card hosted on the site and haven't done so already - you should save your card to your hard drive and re-upload it to Photobucket or whatever.

As you may be aware, the script that was meant to delete the cards from the server automatically after 30 days has not been operating properly under this server - but once the transfer is done, this should be corrected. Take note that those who have been taking advantage of this fact will no longer be able to do so after the transfer.

There will be some slight downtime for the transfer, I'll notify you all when I have a date.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Chuckles*

What's our total count for sever changes now...? XD

Anyways, my only question is whether this will affect the forums at all. Will newer threads/posts created before a certain date/time be deleted during the change, or will everything be completely backed up?

Here's hoping everything moves smoothly.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Everything will be backed up, of course. Though the downtime on the forums specifically will be greater than the rest of the site to allow me the time to back up and then the time to get it setup again.