• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Card Maker Community Update (December 2014)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Today, we've updated the assets in the Trainer Card Maker with a set of new content for your card-making pleasure. This includes a set of 51 new character sprites, 29 new backgrounds, and 9 new Pokémon panels.

The new Pokémon panels include the base and shiny forms of Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion, as well as Mega Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Diancie. The rest of the ORAS Megas will be added as soon as we can source them.

For more information on the custom sprites and backgrounds, please click Continue Reading :)[prebreak][/prebreak]

Firstly, we've added a few missing entries to our official sprites collection - these include Pokéstar Studios' Brycenman and Magic Queen Bellelba, as well as Barry's missing Platinum sprites.

We've also added lots of custom sprites - a full list, and their authors, can be found in the spoiler below:
Cosplayers
#527 - Woobat (by @Aura)
#609 - Chandelure (by @C y)
#635 - Hydreigon (by @Kyubeon)

6th Generation
Alexa (by @Mr.Munchlax)
Calem 1/2/3 (by @Kyubeon)
Gym Leader Grant (by @StellarWind Elsydeon)
Gym Leader Korrina (by @StellarWind Elsydeon)
Gym Leader Viola (by @StellarWind Elsydeon)
ORAS Brendan (by @Kyubeon)
ORAS May (by @Kyubeon)
Serena 1/2/3 (by @Kyubeon)

General Anime
Mekakucity Actors - Actor Ene (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Amamiya Hibiya (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Asahina Hiyori (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Dark Konoha (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Ene (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Kano Shuuya (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Kido Tsubomi (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Kisaragi Momo (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Kisaragi Shintaro (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Konoha (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Kozakura Mary (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Seto Kousuke (by @Kyubeon)
Mekakucity Actors - Tateyama Ayano (by @Kyubeon)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Magical Girl Madoka (by @Kyubeon)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - School Uniform Madoka (by @Kyubeon)

Other
Ben (by @BenTheDemon)
Drake's Crew Member (by @Picnicker Virgil)
Girl in Purple and Short Shorts (by @Picnicker Virgil)
Lass Kayla (by @Rordo Seung)
League Champion Raven (by @Rordo Seung)
League Champion Seung (by @Rordo Seung)
Neko Girl (by @Kyubeon)
Pokemon Trainer Tomas (by @Supertom100)
Redhead (by @Picnicker Virgil)
Stewie (by @Stewie)
Trenchcoat Girl (by @Kyubeon)

Video Games
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Fi (by @SkyewardDreamer)

As for new backgrounds:
Banners
Etrian Oddysey (by @MrTwinklehead)
NuclearSushi Blue (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Blue Light (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Gold (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Green (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Pink (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Purple (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Purple Dark (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Red (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Silver (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Silver Red (by @nuclearsushi)
NuclearSushi Teal (by @nuclearsushi)

Pokemon Games
Black Kyurem (by @Kyubeon)
Emboar (by @Kyubeon)
HeartGold (by @Mr.Munchlax)
PWT (by @Mr.Munchlax)
Reshiram (by @Kyubeon)
RS (by @Mr.Munchlax)
Samurott (by @Kyubeon)
Serperior (by @Kyubeon)
White Kyurem - by @Kyubeon
Wonder Trade Card Back (by @Shocari)
Zekrom (by @Kyubeon)

Video Games
Etrian Oddysey Card (by @MrTwinklehead)

Many thanks to all the users who have contributed to this update - it's really appreciated! And if you have any sprites or backgrounds you'd like to see in the TCM, please feel free to submit them in the Trainer Card Maker Submissions forum :)

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
i just have to ask why i didn't see all of the sprites in the thread in the TCM 4 because my uploads weren't there
Not all sprites are accepted for use in the TCM, for a number of reasons. It looks like yours weren't accepted because they didn't meet the quality standards we expect.

Because our cards are seen in a very wide range of places around the internet, we need the assets on the TCM to be of very high quality, so the TCM always produces a good result, no matter what options are chosen. That does mean we have to set the standards higher than an inexperienced sprite artist may be able to achieve - for that I apologise, but our decision is final.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Just a quick update: Thanks to the lovely @Kyubeon, the default sprites in the TCM have now been changed to the ORAS protagonists she submitted in this update. Now you can more easily create trainer cards for your ORAS adventures :D

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I hope more Trainer Sprites!
It would be cool If it includes ORAS PKMN!
(I'm not forcing you because it is not yet done!)
Well, we've only had a couple submitted since yesterday, so not really enough for an update yet :p

As for the ORAS Megas, I said in the article that we'll be adding them as soon as we possibly can - we haven't got decent renders of the models yet that we can use.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Can we add more OR/AS Mega 3D Models.its only Mega Diancie. Also the characters
I have said this twice already, once in the article itself and once in the comments - we don't have assets for the ORAS Mega Evolutions yet, and trust me, as soon as we do I'll be adding them.

As for the characters, unfortunately we're limited to Gen 4/5 assets. This means that as much as we'd love to add all the XY and ORAS trainers, it's technically impossible right now. Trust me, I've tried. :p

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Loquenpika The only way is to submit them for everyone to use in the TCM. We don't (and will never) allow custom uploads because of the abuse potential.

Why wasn't the background I made added? Is there something wrong with it? Or do you guys only accept a certain number of backgrounds for each update?
Professor Layton Trainer Card.png

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Skyheart42 I didn't go through the backgrounds myself, but I can tell you already that there's not enough space on that background for our name and friend code text to fit in properly.

Also, much like the sprites (as I mentioned above), the backgrounds are screened for quality before they're added to the TCM. When we looked at yours, unfortunately it wasn't considered to meet our (pretty high) quality standards for the TCM.

YueliaBreeze

Formerly Midnight Midna, MoonSnow
Really nice update and thanks for updating the trainder code maker section XD Teapot keep up the amazing work and it's a good think i came back from the hospital to find this out. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Very, very happy with this update. I've been dying to see new banner designs added to the TCM and new backgrounds in general really. I love having a wide variety to choose between. ^_^

Much thanks to everyone who contributed! It all looks great. ♥

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Elemental_Hydreigon Bear in mind, if you're posting them in that thread you are submitting them for the TCM. If you just want to show them off, post them in the Creative Corner :)