• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Torrential: Overveiw and Bios. Ideas welcome!

So I've really been itching to do a water based RP. So here we go.

The Hoenn region is made of an equal amount of water and land. Between the two Pokemon of land and sea fighting, plus the interference of Rayquaza, the territory ended up moderately equal. Life in Hoenn was fabulous. From days where swimming sounded like paradise to days when hiking up mountians appealed to no other, the schedule of life varied widely but most times. Even though every day was different, nothing in the Hoenn region grew boring; be it on land or by sea.

The space center in Mossdeep announced that a meteor shower will occur. This sparked excitement among many people, mainly couples. Rumor has it that if you watch a meteor shower with your significant other you will be bonded by love for life. The whole region became excited for this wonderful event and Mossdeep became swallowed in crowds of happy people swarming in to see the meteor shower from the best place; the space center naturally. Just like the Astronomers predicted, a meteor shower happened, but there was one major thing they overlooked.

The space rocks were unnaturally close to earth. So close and very large. The impact wasn't immediate, but it was evident. The Hoenn region went into shock as they watched the moon grow bigger in the sky as they all figured out what went wrong.

The moon was hit by a meteor. A large one. So large, that it was knocked out of its orbit and closer to earth.

The weather went Insane. Even when the people prayed for Raquaza to stop the storms, it was even shown inferior to the forces of these storms. The humans panicked and started to rob Pokemarts of all their supplies and prices of everything skyrocketed. Kyorge and Groudon were no where to be seen, but their rage over the storms were very evident and not helpful. Their very roars would create earthquakes, Tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes and more storms. Many towns and cities were submerged, drowning many people and ruining the very pride of the Hoenn region.

There is no known way to live peacefully in Hoenn anymore... Not with the awful storms. So there is only one thing left... Survive.

You are a human living in post- meteor Hoenn. Coastline routes, cities and towns are all underwater and inaccessible. You may have three Pokemon max to aid you. Choose wisely because your choices may hinder your ability to survive storms or other natural disasters. (That being said, fallen trees and mudslides are common too.) Here's a character template. You are not limited to only Hoenn Pokemon. You have to write a minimum of 1 paragraph, 5 sentences each post please. Also, there will be limited spots in this RP for traveling purposes. First come!

Name:
Looks:
Past:
Pokemon:

Here is the Pokemon sheet. (Fill out 1 for each you have)

Name:
Species:
Personality:

Here is mine

Name: Kali Sapphire
Personality: Upbeat but cautious. She's very wary of her surroundings and is very in tune with nature.
Looks: Blonde hair that reaches her waist. Two dyed Crimson streaks emerge from her hairline. She wears dark blue shorts and shoes with a ruby red sleeveless shirt.
Past: Kali was only a child when the meteor hit. Now she's a teenager that's living on her own in the weather stricken region. For the longest time she's wanted to stop the horrible weather, so she wants to become a meteorologist.
Pokemon: Staraptor, Milotic, and Rapidash

Name: Avion
Species: Staraptor
Ability: Intimidate
Personality: Pretty proud but kind. He loves to make other people happy and fly around.

Name: Zip
Species: Rapidash
Ability: Flash Fire
Personality: Adventurous and excitable. She loves to run around and jump.

Name: Mirabi
Species: Milotic
Ability: Competetive
Personality: Calm and serene. She's a comedian sometimes and loves to swim.

Last edited:
Count me in! Espeon, you are amazing at making up role plays!

Name: Everest Waterwings
Personality: Can be very shy but is confident around her Pokemon. Everest is persistent and always moving.
Looks: Soft pink hair, that's a little lower than her shoulders. Sky blue eyes. Wears a sapphire blue t-shirt with raspberry pants
Past: Everest grew up with the snow Pokemon because her parents were always on business trips. When she was 12, the meteor shower hit. Her parents never came back from Kalos. Now, she lives with her Pokemon, hoping one day she can find her parents again.

Name: Snow
Species: Glaceon
Ability: Snow Cloak
Personality: shy around all those but her close friends

Name: Spark
Species: Shinx
Ability: Rivalry
Personality: jumpy and shy

Name: Cotton
Species: Swirlix
Ability: Sweet Veil
Personality: happy, jumpy, and easily distracted

Right! You're accepted! Just keep in mind that one paragraph, 5 sentences, is the minimum for each post and if you don't do that I'll have to give you a warning before I have to kick you out. I highly doubt I'll have to do that though. ^.^