• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Three New Pokkén Tournament Fighters Revealed!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokken tournament new fighters.jpg
This month's edition of CoroCoro has revealed three new playable characters for Pokkén Tournament. The issue has revealed that Braixen, Garchomp and Mewtwo will all be added to the game as fighters.

Garchomp will be able to Mega Evolve into Mega Garchomp but it has not been confirmed yet if Mewtwo can. The Pokémon will be added to the Wii U release of Pokkén Tournament but it's unclear if the fighters will also be added to the arcade version.

These aren't the only new fighters to be revealed for the game as another new Pokémon is set to be revealed on Friday.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm amused that they didn't announce if Mewtwo can mega evolve but I'd be very surprised if it couldn't. Makes perfect sense to have normal Mewtwo with Mega Y and Shadow Mewtwo with Mega X. Either way, looking forward to a proper video trailer reveal for these three! :3

Braixen pleasing all the magical girl fans out there, ha! Mewtwo is no surprise and Garchomp is not especially surprising either, would have preferred something like Aggron for the huge tank beast.

... I'm not complaining, but... I am wondering why they chose Braixen instead of Delphox. Aesthetics maybe? Meh. As long as she's shooting fireballs and psychic blasts from a stick, I'm happy.

alright all three is what i love
1. Garchomp is fave pokemon
2. Braixen has my favorite design out of all pokemon (even greninja)
3. <insert ssb4 mewtwo reaction here>