• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Three New Pokémon Officially Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It's E3 week and although Nintendo didn't have a conference or their usual Nintendo Direct, some fresh Pokémon news has been revealed anyways. The official site has revealed three brand new Pokémon for us to fall in love with in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. You can check them out in the trailer below:

The three Pokémon revealed are as follows:

Yungoos Pokemon.png
First up we have Yungoos, a normal-type Pokémon with the Stakeout or Strong Jaw ability. The Stakeout ability is new to gen 7 and Pokémon with this ability can deal twice the normal damage to any Pokémon that switches in or enter the field mid-battle. The official site lists it as Loitering Pokémon.

Pikipek Pokemon.png
Next we have Pikipek who is a Normal and Flying type Pokémon. It has the ability Keen Eye or Skill Link and the official site lists Pikipek as a Woodpecker Pokémon.

Grubbin Pokemon.png
Finally we have Grubbin who is a Bug type Pokémon and as expected is listed as a Larva Pokémon. Grubbin simply has the ability of Swarm, so nothing too exciting for this little guy!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Beyond revealing the new Pokémon, the trailer also revealed a new multiplayer mode known as Battle Royal. In this mode Pokémon trainers take part in a four way battle and each trainer has three Pokémon. The battle is decided when the first trainer loses all their Pokémon and the winner is determined by how many Pokémon they have left and how many they defeated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesssssss, i've been waiting for this to go up. I love them all. Also, stakeout is like a constant pursuit, but after they switch out. Any pokemon attacked by the stakeouter right after they switched in will take double damage. Also, I can't get over pikipek. I love it so goddamn much.

Yungoos looks like the HM slave Pokemon. Pikipek is the Pidgey of the Alola region. And Grubbin is the Caterpie.
Yungoos will probably stay as a Normal type. Pikipek looks like it might evolve into a Fighting/Flying type. Grubbin looks like it will evolve into a Bug/Ground type.

It's E3 week and although Nintendo didn't have a conference or their usual Nintendo Direct, some fresh Pokémon news has been revealed anyways. The official site has revealed three brand new Pokémon for us to fall in love with in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. You can check them out in the trailer below:

The three Pokémon revealed are as follows:

First up we have Yungoos, a normal-type Pokémon with the Stakeout or Strong Jaw ability. The office site lists it as Loitering Pokémon.

Next we have Pikipek who is a Normal and Flying type Pokémon. It has the ability Keen Eye or Skill Link and the official site lists Pikipek as a Woodpecker Pokémon.

Finally we have Grubbin who is a Bug type Pokémon and as expected is listed as a Larva Pokémon. Grubbin simply has the ability of Swarm, so nothing too exciting for this little guy!

Beyond revealing the new Pokémon, the trailer also revealed a new multiplayer mode known as Battle Royal. In this mode Pokémon trainers take part in a four way battle and each trainer has three Pokémon. The battle is decided when the first trainer loses all their Pokémon and the winner is determined by how many Pokémon they have left and how many they defeated.
I GUARENTEE that Pikpek will learn Fury Attack. With Skill Link, it just has to happen.

Battle Royale, eh? Always figured something of the sort would come around after being introduced to Triple Battles and Rotation Battles in Gen V. :8B:
Should produce some interesting results. Definitely will be one hell of a ride once all three of your opponents turn against your Pokémon in a single turn, but will definitely keep you on your toes nonetheless! :)

Battle Royale, eh? Always figured something of the sort would come around after being introduced to Triple Battles and Rotation Battles in Gen V. :8B:
Should produce some interesting results. Definitely will be one hell of a ride once all three of your opponents turn against your Pokémon in a single turn, but will definitely keep you on your toes nonetheless! :)

Just gotta make some tanky ass Pokemon that hit hard

It was mentioned during the E3 stream that Yungoos was always hungry and looking for food, so lots of biting and fang attacks from the little bugger.

They are looking pretty good so far, glad to see what looks like a termite pokemon at long last.

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
In the Nintendo Treehouse at E3, they showed some gameplay. I noticed how Popplio learned Disarming Voice, and how it was not very effective against Litten. Hmm....

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh look, it's Donald Trump in Mongoose Form!

And now that I've gotten the absolutely obvious joke out of the way, I quite like Pikipek (and hope it gets the sort of moves to go with its Skill Link ability!) and I have somewhat of high hopes for Grubbin - it's already adorable in a weird beetle larva sort of way and I can entirely see it evolving into something pretty snazzy. I mean, it's the early bug so I'd guess it wouldn't be too brilliant regardless but they could always pull a Unova and surprise us with early bugs that have staying power.

Incidentally, Litten is a pure Fire type. Fire resists Fairy. Nothing particularly surprising there. XP

I'm really excited about the 4 player battle mode. Poketubers just tend to do 4 way battles using doubles, but with this new mode, it's going to be a lot easier. I wonder though if we'll see this feature happen during the storyline though...

Nintendo are not running out of pokemon ideas and designs but for some reason I think they are running out of name ideas
*cough*Yungoose*cough*Zangoose*cough*

But anyway I really like pikipek :) I can see it having the same potential as mega Herracross

Yungoose looks like the rattata of this gen and even if it becomes an HM slave it's ok with me......... why? Because it still looks and might be better than bidoof

I don't have much to say about Grubbin but I'm sure he'd turn out into something cool, maybe a new unique typing like bug/ice or bug/dragon, who knows

In the Nintendo Treehouse at E3, they showed some gameplay. I noticed how Popplio learned Disarming Voice, and how it was not very effective against Litten. Hmm....
Aren't Fairy attacks weak against fire? Anyway, Litten might still become a dark type later on as it evolves. :)

Oh look, it's Donald Trump in Mongoose Form!

And now that I've gotten the absolutely obvious joke out of the way, I quite like Pikipek (and hope it gets the sort of moves to go with its Skill Link ability!) and I have somewhat of high hopes for Grubbin - it's already adorable in a weird beetle larva sort of way and I can entirely see it evolving into something pretty snazzy. I mean, it's the early bug so I'd guess it wouldn't be too brilliant regardless but they could always pull a Unova and surprise us with early bugs that have staying power.

Incidentally, Litten is a pure Fire type. Fire resists Fairy. Nothing particularly surprising there. XP
Now that you mention it, it does... right! Mine's going to be named Donald. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so now there are three things for certain:

Pikipek is the local bird.
Iwanko or Yungoos is the Rattata of this Generation
Grubbing is the Caterpie of Gen 7

My heart cannot handle this.

Maybe they got the battle royal idea from the pokemon rumble series and thought that the royal shouldn't be just restricted to the rumble series. I do actually like the idea of the battle royal I was always wanting a free for all multi battle, seeing this seems pretty cool.