• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Three Mystery Dungeon Games Coming to WiiWare?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As originally reported on Serebii.net, a magazine scan that recently appeared on a Japanese forum has mentioned the names of three new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games for Nintendo WiiWare. While unconfirmed and with no details on the games beyond the names themselves, this is interesting enough to share.

Translated from the scan, the three games have been called "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Keep Going! Blazing Adventure Squad", "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Let's Go! Stormy Adventure Squad!", and "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Go For It! Light Adventure Squad".

If/when more solid information is revealed on these titles we'll let you know.

UPDATED June 20th: As an update, Nintendo has officially confirmed these three games, as shown here with the official title art on the Pokemon website:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090619_02.html

I don't think there's any further information, but these games will be coming to the Wii for definite now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stormy Adventure Squad? What a lame name :p

Serious note though, I'll be looking into these probably. I always liked the MD games and I wanna try out this funny WiiWare thing.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Looking around at different websites, I'm amused by the varying translations for the names of these games. They pretty much all contain the same feel, though, so whatever XD

A wierd idea of having Mystery Dungeon Games on WiiWare, and the name sound stupidly lame! I'll look foward to the future news of these games.

Hm. I kinda wish Nintendo/whoever greenlights Pokemon games would also make an effort to do other Pokemon games. Scramble is a great step in the right direction, but we haven't seen a new TCG in years, and I know a bunch of people would love a Snap sequel. I'm hoping that another 3D RPG gets announced soon, personally.

It seems to me that the Mystery Dungeon series is getting a little overexposed. The first set in 2005/2006, the second set in 2008, Sky in 2009, and now these three, presumably in 2009/2010. That's the fastest I've ever seen eight games in a series released - or even four, depending on how you count.

tl;dr: Nintendo, other Pokemon subseries exist too. :B

mystery dungeon is onlyt getting so many games released because it's just a good game! with so many people buying MD you would be releasing more too.

Don't get me wrong; I know why they're making so many of them.

But on the other hand, the main Pokemon games sell much better and are released more infrequently. You have to balance making several games with spreading them out, so people don't get overexposed and stop buying.

I am wondering how in depth this game will be as a WiiWare. Perhaps I don't know enough, but when I think WiiWare, I do not think in-depth big game.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I am wondering how in depth this game will be as a WiiWare. Perhaps I don't know enough, but when I think WiiWare, I do not think in-depth big game.

The thing about WiiWare games is that you pay for what you get (so nah, they're not quite the same as a proper console/handheld game), but generally what you get is WELL worth the cash. The games can range anywhere from about 500-1500 points, and that's the equivalent of about $5-$15 (a bit more if you're Canadian, but I can buy a 2000 point card for $23 taxes included). Not bad for a brand new game.

The other nice thing about WiiWare is that games can constantly be added to as well, and usually not for that steep of a price.

I've only bought two WiiWare games thus far, but both of them have gone far beyond my expectations - especially for the price I paid for 'em. It's a great service.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
The DS Mystery Dungeon games aren't worth the full price tag they get anyway. They have dick all in them - the only mildly extensive part of the games are the fact there are sprite sheets for nearly 500 characters, most of the rest of the game is automatically generated as you play with a few pre-designed locales.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that a WiiWare PMD would be that different from the current games, the small space and quick development time is perfectly suited to a generally lazy game to develop.

~Alex.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As an update, Nintendo has officially confirmed these three games, as shown here with the official title art on the Pokemon website:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090619_02.html

I don't think there's any further information, but these games will be coming to the Wii for definite now.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for that, KoL. I figured it wasn't worth making a brand new update for such a brief announcement, so I edited exactly what you wrote into my original post :)