• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Seven Braves of the Flower

{The land of Tyre is under attack. For the 3rd time in 900 years. A long time ago, even before the humans built set civilizations, the humans and Pokemon were warring. The humans used their lethal knives and swords as the Pokemon used their elemental terrors to shake the very roots of their enemies. The Ruler over the Pokemon, a peace loving Gardevoir, despised of the fighting and commanded her army to stop. However, when they obliged the Humans conquered and slaughtered many towns outside of the main city. Out of fear, the Gardevoir visited the human ruler. She begged for peace or to find some way to stop the gruesome times. When the human said that his army was out of his control now, both became frightened that this war would end in the other's extinction. Together, both rulers set out to find a way to stop this nonsense. Their continent was a ragged oval in the map with a small piece of land to the far west that was connected by a small strip of land. The search took them to the center of that small western land. There, in a temple, the human and Gardevoir made a deal with--so called-- the devil, a Tyranitar boldly sporting black colors where his green should be and a human with a devilish look to him. Once the deal was made, a curse spread through the land, turning all humans to stone if they had any interest in the war whatsoever, leaving a measly third of the once large population of the human side. The Pokemon were left untouched. The human was heartbroken at the loss of his kind. Enraged by the effects of this agreement, the Gardevoir Mega evolved and fought the overly large Tyranitar as the human fought the other. By dawn, Gardevoir was the only one still standing. Both humans were wiped from existence at the amount of power from both Pokemon and Gardevoir had defeated the large beast. The Pokemon ruler had heard sounds of life still coming from the Tryanitar--a coma most likely. So the Gardevoir used her Mega Evolved powers to seal the terror away forever, never to be seen again.

Or at least she thought.

Three hundred years later the beast woke from the seal. The Pokemon prayed to the Gardevoir that they claimed goddess after the war 300 years ago. Unable to assist the terrified beings that followed her passionately, the Mega lent her powers to six Pokemon Pokemon, who were named The Seven Braves of the Flower. Each of these Pokemon sported a light pink-purple flower design engraved on them somewhere. A beacon of light shined in the center of the continent and all the Pokemon who were chosen gathered there. Then they all went to face the Tyranitar. The Pokemon succeeded--in sealing the beast. Again, 300 years after that, the Tyranitar woke again, this time releasing Ranilets, or shadowy Pokemon who have lethal intentions. Only the strongest could defeat these minions of this Tyranitar, leading the Gardevoir to once again, bless six Pokemon. The Seven Braves of the Flower again, challenged the Tyranitar--who had been called 'The Dark One'. These Six Pokemon succeeded, yet only managed to seal the beast away again. Now, 300 years after that, the Ranilets are destroying Pokemon in the western part of the continents and the sky has a black tint to it. Will the Braves succeed this time? Or will they manage to only seal away the Dark One like their successors?

Alright, enough legend. You are one of the Seven Braves--a Pokemon blessed with the Strength of a Mega Gardevoir. You do not need to be one of the Gardevoir line, nor do you need to know any of the moves a Gardevoir may know. Don't forget that your character has a pink-purple flower engraving somewhere on their body. Also, one last note. Do keep in mind that you may be fighting multiple strong Pokemon so being a non-evolved Pokemon may be a bad idea. At least have your Pokemon be over level 50 in strength and evolutions. (Ok one note, Pikachu would be ok with me because in the anime it puts up a good fight. However, if you are a basic level Starter or if you haven't evolved at least once then I may have to ask you to change your character. I will also ask you to change your character if you are the same Pokemon as someone else in the RP-- we can't have 50 Gyrados running around here!) You start off by meeting your partners by the beacon of light after explaining your backstory and how you came to have enough strength to be chosen as a Brave. (Ex. You are one of the most prized fighters of your tribe or you were an adventurer who has never lost the treasure you set your sights on.) If you are not @pikapal forever @JacobRaze @Twilight Nova @Shauna23 @Eeveechu151 @_Umbreon_ or @EspeonTheBest, please contact me if you have a valid reason to join. Also, if you ask to join after we leave the beacon sight, you must be required to have great introduction skills. Thanks~}

Solstice quietly padded along the lush mountain road. The Espeon was heading back towards the temple she served at. Solstice was a priestess at the most prized worship house in the whole region of Tyre. Every single day required meditation, vigorous training and constant prayer to the goddess, Gardevoir. Supposedly, there were 10 saints in the world, or living Angels, as some put it. These saints are much more powerful than their regular Pokemon counterpart and usually know some unusual moves. For example, Solstice can levitate up to 30 items at a time, whilst a normal Espeon could at most lift 10. To top it off, Solstice knows Moonblast, and can excute it quite accurately to be at that.

Solstice continued to pad up the long, winding mountain road, now having the danger of a river below her. The Espeon twisted her ears in curiosity as the sound of a pained Pokemon's cry echoed from the depths of the river. Solstice looked over the edge and saw the small Pichu being helplessly tore away from shore. The priestess looked up at her temple, then back to the Pokemon. She knew she was going to be late and had the possibility of dying if she took the responsibility of rescuing this Pokemon. Without too much more thought on the matter, Solstice leaped off of the road, through the air, and landed in the water. Despite being cat-like in appearance, Solstice dosnt have a fear or dislike of water, she is quite graceful at swimming to be honest. Once in range, Solstice levitated the helpless electric type up out of the rapid waters to allow air to circulate again through the small Pokemon's lungs. Then the Espeon climbed to shore herself and used Morning sun to dry both her pelt and the sopping wet Pichu. "Are you ok little one?" She asked gently, getting on eye level with the Pokemon. A Pikachu ran though the bushes and cried in delight. After a few nods and more than one 'Thank you' Solstice began the trek up the mountain trail once again to her temple.

Once she was done with her sermon Solstice began her training. Being the head of the church, she must have the power to defend and fight for herself and for the members that follow Gardevoir. The Espeon began to lift debris out of the ground and shattered it all with one simple thought, 'shatter.' She was smiling happily at her work and preparing for more when the sky became a grey-blue and the sun was no longer a bright star in the day sky. Solstice pinned her ears back in confusion and fear, feeling an overwhelming evil presence surround her. Out of no where, Railets leaped out of the nearby bushes and raced towards the frightened Espeon.

Solstice had heard stories. She knew that every year at least one potential Brave was slaughtered by these merciless beasts. Shadowy Pokemon with no heart, no soul, no feeling. The light never touches them, darkness is their only being. To be hunted by these Ranilets was somewhat of an honor, but also a grave danger. Solstice--if she were to be a Brave-- did not yet have the power of Gardevoir and would have a difficult time defeating the essence of Darkness.

"Begone, beings of the West Darkness! Meet your fate, the sealment like the Dark One!" Solstice yelled at the Ranilets. The Espeon did not speak much, being one of quietness. In the ranks if the Ranilets there were Houndor, to Tyrunt. As weak as Caterpie to the fears of Aggron. This pack seemed to be a medium scouting pack, one that isn't as strong but has more speed, sporting Pokemon like Fearow and Liepard. Solstice fled to her temple, knowing that creatures of Darkness could not taint the pure ness of this temple. Once standing on the side of one of the bigger stairs of the temple, Solstice picked off the shadowy Pokemon until she was left alone in the slim light of her glowing gem.

At the top of the sacred temple was a large blue gem that was a spiritually special place to Solstice. This is where she first heard the goddess speak to her. The Espeon sat and stared at the gem, it's brightness welcoming in the dim sky. A small sleigh-like jingle echoed in a seemingly unreal plain around the Espeon. A flower of blue and pink bloomed in front of the Espeon, who's eyes were wide in shock. The flower continued to grow and grow until the tip of a center petal touched Solstice and a powerful rush of energy--and a bit of pain-- coursed through her vains, causing the Espeon to cry out softly.

Around her red gem in her forehead, a small pink-purple flower adorned her pink fur.. The purple was just dark enough to be seen on her pink fur and the sign illuminated blue everyonce in a while. Solstice turned to the west seeing a bright light--a beacon-- in that direction. The Espeon felt, enticed by the light and drew to it like a moth would a lamp. Solstice continued to travel to the light for a day before breaking the undergrowth to look at the bright light. The beacon... Wasn't coming from the ground... But from the sky?

Last edited:
Sparky, a smaller than average pikachu, felt drawn to the beacon. He sprinted towards it, seeing a Espeon. "Hey, excuse me! What is this?" He asked. "When did I get a tatoo?" He said. He felt irritation on his tail, and he saw a Flower. "Sorry for barging in like this. I couldn't resist this light, it's so cool!" He stared at it. "Oh, I'm Sparky, I'm a strange battled, exploiting another pokemons weakness mentally, but I'm not psychic. Hope you don't mind." He said.

(I didn't know how to enter, so I'm sorry if I messed up.)

The Umbreon glanced fearfully as he was eventually cornered by a Attacking squadron of Ralin. The shadowy figures twitched silently as they drew ever closer. He cringed as he awaited the fate that the Ralin brought with them every here. But the blows never came. He opened one eye cautsuosly as he saw the spirits writhe ring in the harsh white light in the night sky. He saw a figure that looked like a gardevoir. He gasped quietly as she showed and outstretched hand. He felt a searing pain on his right paw and succumbed to te darkness of the void. He woke up a half an hour later with a lotus like flower seared into his forepaw, in what roughly resembled a triangle. He groaned loudly as he sat up, and began to limp past the temple in which Solstice and Sparky was, and immeadtely followed suite after being atrracted by the light.

Kit ran through the forest, having no time to stop for a breath. She pushed through multiple bushes and leaves, getting scrapes and cuts all over her arms and legs. The Ranilet came ever closer, creeping up on her like a Pyroar ready to pounce on its prey-- her.
She burst out of the forest and skidded to a stop, looking down at the sudden ten-foot drop into a river.
A river...
Being a Braixen, getting in the water would be the last thing Kit did. She turned, gasping for air with a terrified face, as the Ranilet creeped toward her. A blue flower grew from the ground beside her, shining brightly, and the Ranilet whined with pain and went back into the forest. It touched Kit and strength rushed through her, followed by pain. As the flower disappeared, a mark that looked a lot like the flower appeared on the back of her right hand, glowing a slight blue. She stared at it, shocked and confused. What had just happened to her?

Wheatley the Aarchanine lived a happy[ish] life alone with his forced 'friend,' GLaDOS. He and her were put together to keep her from making rash decisions. His flow of stupid ideas kept her weighed down. One day, when the people who put them together looked away, GLaDOS kicked him out and he was left to fend for himself, but he had lived in captivity with the tests his whole life so he didn't know how to hunt. He was an exceptional fighter, very smart with puzzles, but not very street smart. He was strangely small with odd icy blue eyes, a Britsh-ish accent, and a had white fur with black stripes instead of orange and black. One day, whilst failing to hunt, he saw a beacon. He was drawn to it. He followed it, until he saw a Pikachu and a Espeon. Suddenly, before he came out of hiding, a purple and blue flower grew by him, making him gasp. It grew until it touched him, making him feel great energy and a small pain, making him cry out and stumble out of the bushes. He looked at his paw, a blueish-pinkish mark of the flower now on his paw.

Granger the Greninja was atop a tree branch at the edge of the forest. The ninja frog spotted a Braixen near the river's edge. Suddenly, a bright light surrounded Granger. Shock coursed through his body, and he lost his balance, falling out of the tree. Granger stood up, and felt something inside his hand. The frog heard a roar, and dashed off in that direction. He assumed someone needed help, probably the Braixen.

Kit saw the Greninja fall from the tree and rushed to him, but found out he was running to her and stopped, still huffing. She noticed he also had one of the mysterious flower marks on him.
"You.... have one too? From the weird flower??" She huffed, her scrapes stinging still.

Wheatley was flipped over on his head, seeing the world upside down. "Um...... Hello! I'm Wheatley. I came from a super secret underground operation from humans that create geneticly modified Pokemon like myself! I was created as a-," he rambled, cut of as he suddenly began shaking and was surrounded by blue electricity.

The Persian inched closer, surrounding them. Kit stepped back, turning her head toward the cliff. The Greninja might be fine, but she couldn't jump into the water, and she was too tired to fight. She looked back over nervously, and her flower mark glowed. Suddenly strength rushed through her and she felt like she could battle again.
Now's my chance!!!
She launched a Flamethrower at the Persian and it hit most of them. Some of them ran away in pain.
How did I do that... Normally I'm not that strong...

"Whoa!" the Greninja exclaimed, taken aback by the power. More Persian were coming towards them, and all were now on the attack. "Take this!" Granger said, launching a Water Pulse attack... that hit like an aquatic tornado! "Did... did I really do that?" The ninja asked himself, amazed at his new-found power.

Kit used Psychic on the Persian and lifted three of them into the air, tossing them away into the forest with a grunt. Another Persian leapt at her and her eyes widened slightly. She barely dodged it before it grabbed her leg as it started to fall. She yelped and used Psychic to make it let go, but it had a horrified look on its face and she couldn't help but understand, sending it crashing into a tree instead of dropping it.
I still don't understand... is it... the flower mark? Did it make me stronger somehow?

Kit looked over at the orange Persian and she almost tripped over her own feet. No.... it couldn't be...
The Persian almost immediately recognized her and growled menacingly, getting closer. Kit stumbled back, getting behind Granger fearfully, eyes wide. Her mark stopped glowing and she slowly began to feel exhausted again.
No... please, don't go away....

(Well this rp blew up)
Sail the Sylveon was playing in the grass one minute, surrounded by shadow like creatures the next. But how? Ratil, she thought. Scared she ran to the temple of solostice. Soon, she was with other Pokemon. Sail flicked her tail, where her flower was. Where was she?

Solstice looked at the Pikachu. "Do you not know of the Seven Braves? Did you never attend the sermons of the nearby temples?" the Espeon asked wildly. She has never encountered a pokemon who had never attended a sermon to dedicate to the Gardevoir. Solstice began to talk like in the elder times, using long words. "The Great Goddess Gardevoir 900 years ago was frightened in the war. Her side, the Pokemon were losing against the humans. She begged for peace at the feet of the Human ruler. However, his army was out of his control. Then the Great Gardevoir and the Human set out to the country of the West, to seek a spell to break the war. They made one, with a devil-like human and a large Tyranitar with black coloring. The spell did not touch the pokemon, only the humans who were wiped from existence. The Great Gardevoir fought the large Tyranitar by herself and managed to Mega Evolve. With the tremendous power she defeated the beast, but the power also reached the two fighting humans. In that very temple, four were in at dusk and one at dawn. The Great goddess sealed the beast with her powerful magic. However, every 300 years the Tyranitar rises, becoming smarter and smarter by the years. So each 300 anniversary the Great Gardevoir blesses Seven Pokemon to travel and defeat the 'Dark one'. Our successors only manage to seal the terrifying pokemon. We may defeat it. Or die in the process. You are a brave, that flower 'tattoo' is a sacred engraving of the Great Gardevoir." Solstice finished.

The Espeon's ears twisted to the sound of battle. "Goodness." she muttered as she raced though the forest area. No more that 4 minutes of running later did she see a Braxien, Greninja and Arcanine all fighting different pokemon. Solstice sat from a tree and studied the newcomers, who also had the aura of a Brave. She evaluated the pokemon, wanting to see the spiritual and physical strengths of each before assisting.

"So... it's you. Finally, after all this time." Ruclus said, entering a battle stance. "You have delayed us too long. Master will be pleased when I finally sever that thick skull of yours from your neck!" With a shriek of rage, Ruclus pounded the ground, causing huge chunks of earth to come falling down. Granger used ExtremeSpeed to evade... and found himself moving faster than a Rapidash. Blow after blow, Granger rained down hits on the sand-cat, until the deadly feline started spinning fast as a tornado. Unable to stop himself, Granger was flung into the ground.

"Hmm, that one's got great speed, but no wit. Does not seem to think things through." Solstice noted, looking at the Greninja. The Espeon flicked her ears around, deciding whether or not to intervene yet. 'I may be stronger than some of them, but we're all Braves. We must trust and be equal to our comrades.' she reminded herself. The Espeon always found herself looking down on others, but she knew that was against what she was taught. Secretly, Solstice levitated a small sheet of water in front of her face. 'So the flower is right on my gem.... intriguing as to why there...' She thought to herself, dropping the water near the trunk of the nearby tree. The Espeon looked to the sky, trying to figure out where the beacon was coming from.

Granger pulled himself out of the ground and flipped backwards. Using Water Pulse, he dealt massive damage to Ruclus. Despite Persian normally being Normal types, Ruclus (for some reason) was a Normal-Ground type. The Water Pulse dealt massive damage, but the cat retaliated with Shadow Ball.

Kit knew she had to brave. She had to help the Greninja.
And the power came rushing back.
That was it.... as long as she was brave, the power would be there.
She used Psybeam on the Persian, but it should've been a Psy-blast. It pushed the Persian back and he smirked.
"And you... Your sister gave me this scar..."
Kit clenched her teeth together.
"She's not here anymore.... what a pity.... now you get the punishment."
He used Fury Swipes on Kit and she fell over the edge, however there was no splash. She grabbed a small ledge desperately and hung there, trying not to tremble with fear. Her heart rate had gone up so fast she felt nauseous, but she began to calm down.

(Um... from the backstory I have an idea of, it's Granger who gives him that scar.)
Granger blocked the Shadow Ball, and saw Kit fighting Ruclus. "No... this is my battle..."

Solstice now knew that this was the time for action. "Hang on! Calm yourself!" She called, jumping from her branch and bounding to the edge of the cliff. Careful to doge the two fighting Pokemon, the Espeon managed to make it. "Alright. Do you need my help?" Solstice asked, looking down. If this Pokemon didn't want her help, or her presence them she would leave. However, if this Pokemon was willing, she would help the Braxien out.

Sparky stared at the battle. "It really is amazing, how Pokemon can become so powerful in battles." He said in awe. "So this brave thing, they are rare?" He asked, due to him getting confused easily. "I really think they can handle it." He said, going next to Solstice. "So, you run the place? The one we were at, with the beacon?"

(Oh. Sorry.)
Kit nodded, thankful that the Espeon came. She couldn't help but notice that she had a flower mark too-- right above her jewel.
Kit slowly reached up, her other arm shaking from the weight. The Espeon would probably use Psychic or something, but just in case-- if she fell in that water she was done for.

"The Temple? Yes I am the head Priestess if the sacred grounds." Solstice informed, looking towards the Pikachu. The Espeon levitaed the Braxien up onto the ground and levitated some undergrowth just in case if she falls instead. "I find that less and less Pokemon want to hear the teachings these days." She sighed. Quickly she whipped her head to look at the Pikachu once again, her eyes glowing a soft blue from the levitation. "Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not an elder. I'm quite young to be exact." She checked before focusing on the water, bringing a sheet of it up.

"So, here is a mirror. Go ahead, this is a better way to look at your Brave symbol." She informed. "Ugh! That tree is going to kill off the others with that sickness! I can't believe it!" Solstice muttered, her eyes glowing more blue now, levitating the water and the undergrowth. The Espeon sat down and levitated the tree right out of the ground. It was a small one, almost dead by now. Solstice tossed the tree into the river, a strategic spot to be exact. It formed a small bridge for the small Pokemon who did not want to swim along the Rapids. "Anything more to throw at me nature?" Solstice said, to no one in particular, looking not the least bit exhausted from all the levitation.

"Th--thank you..." Kit stuttered. She noticed the Pikachu who also had a flower mark.
"Might I ask... why in the name of Arceus do we all have these??"
She showed the Espeon her flower mark.

"Yet another who is uninformed of the Seven Braves of the Flower!" Solstice exclaimed. "Did you too neglect the opportunity to learn about the Great Gardevoir in your nearest temple for the past years?" The Preistess asked bewildered. Two Pokemon who didn't know about the Braves. "The flower represents strength, the strength of a Mega Gardevoir to be exact... 900 years ago..." Solstice once again told the age old story of the war between the humans and Pokemon.

"Pokemon these days... No respect for their ancestors..." Solstice mumbled after finished the story. "Great!" She yelled to no one. "Now I'm making myself sound old! I can't believe it! I'm the youngest Saint to be alive and I'm making myself sound like I'm 60!" Solstice groaned.

Wheatley stood up, still wobbly from being electrocuted by an unseen force. He sat on one of the larger shadow Pokemon, head spinning. His brute strength and size killed the creature instantly. He then shook his head clearing it. He scanned his surroundings, making caculations. "That one seems to be drawing back, due to past injury is my hypothesis," he noted as he studied the dark Pokemon. "That one is too young. That one's next move is Shadow Ball."

"I... I heard that story, a long time ago.... so that means I really am a Brave...."
Kit didn't know what to think, except that all of this made sense now.
"So that means... I have to defeat the Tyranitar with the other six? The big, black Tyranitar?"

"Yes, I did just suggest that." Solstice responded, evaluating the other Pokemon in the fight. 'The Arcanine seems to be able to predict things quite accurately.' She thought to herself, making more mental notes. "Oh, don't worry. You must have been strong before now to even be chosen for this honor, I wouldn't worry about it Kit." Solstice wanted to slap herself for that last sentence. Now Kit will think she's some kind of stalker for knowing her name. "Our ancestors managed just fine, we will too." The Espeon assured. Or at least she thought they would be ok.

Wheatley started babbling again, "If we could just combine forces into one beam and shoot Tyranitar, then it would stagger him, and he would- ACK!" He was being choked, from behind.

The Weak Ralin through himself at the Espeon with what strength he had left. His Shadowy hide flickering as he surrendered. He was the Only one who survived, as he had not attacked anyone. He trembled at the Braves feet. He looked up into Solstices eye defiantly.

"Something about goddess fighting darkness and passed down power through the people with the flower." He said. He closed his eyes. "I might know something about it in the library. One of seven I've finished. Wish I could store that much." He was trying to remember.

"And you seem to be in control of yourself." Solstice noted, eyeing the Ranilet that was in front of her. "If that is so," She nodded, levitating the dark Pokemon over the gorge. "Tell me how you are in control." The Espeon had no intentions of hurting the pokemon, just to see why it was in control of itself. The Great Gardevoir taught that Ranilets were souless, heartless creatures, and one who trembled in fear below someone who most undoubtedly was more powerful did indeed have a heart.

Wheatley was shocked again by blue electricity. He groaned, his white coat a bit singed. He saw the Rainlet hovering over the gorge and growled. "No more weak little Wheatley!" He growled to motivate himself. He ran full spwed, then yelped in horror and looked foe. At the water below. "I-i-I'll bs electrocuted to death if I fall down there!" He whined.

"No, Wheatly. I need to talk to this Pokemon." Solstice insisted. Dammit! She did it again, saying the Arcanine's name without asking first...

'Erk, I'll have to lose that habit...' She winced, looking over her actions. "Oh, yes. You may not want to draw near to the ledge as you do seem to be quite, electrifying right now." Solstice noticed, looking the oddly colored fire type's electrified fur.

Kit took a step back through cautiousness when she saw the Ranilet. She had put the pieces together now-- these were the other Braves of the Flower, who were going to fight off the Ranilets and defeat the evil Tyranitar-- hopefully for good. She didn't know whether to act aggressive or calm, but she decided calm so it didn't seem she was ready for a surprise attack.

Wheatley opened his maw to speak again, but another electric shock made him yelp in surprise and pain, and he slipped. He fell down the gorge, landing on a slim ledge almost too small for the enormous Arcanine. He realized his situation and sighed, "Here I go again! Being the one in distress! Might as well let me plummet!"