• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Comupters working, got the Blue 2ds (somehow) and my brother is going to (eventually) stop using my old 3ds (which we sorta broke). Yay! Also, Sun and Moon? Is Cresselia making a come back? Oh god I hope so, maybe some more Event Legends love in it!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
tumblr_o38d6304qD1rcs0rzo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o38d6304qD1rcs0rzo2_1280.jpg

Large images are large, but I got some laminating stuff today and made little keychains of sprites I made for my friends. And made an (official) trainer card in the process :D

Well, just finished everything else on here for now, and am upset at two things.
Sun and Moon as a name, just... Sun and Moon. English names. Not Japanese, latin, german, Elvish or god knows what else. English. Why?

And the frustration of posting an entire post as to the rules, which were already post multiple times, to Pokemon ABC and ow to play it, only for the post immediately after NOT to follow it. Im going to assume it was a joke or mistake with post timings, but seriously its frustrating.

Oh, and just remembered, my new kitten (adopted from when my grandmother found it about a month or two ago) is lovingly trying to run into areas it not meant too. Oh well, the joys of having babies of any species.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Well, just finished everything else on here for now, and am upset at two things.
Sun and Moon as a name, just... Sun and Moon. English names. Not Japanese, latin, german, Elvish or god knows what else. English. Why?

And the frustration of posting an entire post as to the rules, which were already post multiple times, to Pokemon ABC and ow to play it, only for the post immediately after NOT to follow it. Im going to assume it was a joke or mistake with post timings, but seriously its frustrating.

Oh, and just remembered, my new kitten (adopted from when my grandmother found it about a month or two ago) is lovingly trying to run into areas it not meant too. Oh well, the joys of having babies of any species.

To be fair, it's not your job to remind anyone of the rules, especially not in a rude manner. That's mini-modding, and as you have just found out - that's a warning-worthy rule violations of its own right. <<

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
So excited about getting this big desk for my bedroom. My artwork is gonna be like BAM! I'll finally have a place to draw, away from all the noise! Y'know, it's gonna just pour outta me. I'm gonna have my rock back. Ah, it hella blows that I have to wait for it, but at least the ball is finally rolling. I've decided that I'm gonna buy it for myself instead of just waiting for my birthday. I want this to move onto phase two as quickly as possible. Ahhh, it's gonna be so hardcore rock, y'know~!? This year will be a good one, I just feel it, y'know?

So yesterday I finally broke down. I never though it would happen. After hearing about the thing happening with Josh Dun, I wanted to bring awareness. When I posted posters about it, all of them were taken down within 10 minutes of them up. Thevice principal called me into her office asking why I did it.

I couldn't handle it. If you haven't seen any tumblr posts I've made, I'm gonna be blunt: I got sexually assaulted. Maybe I was just sick and tired of blaming myself for it happening, and this was a year ago. And of course one thing leads to another and I'm back at her office at the end of the school day to talk about what happened in October, which has been called the Ruth incident; a family member dies, I'm out of class for a week, I come back, death threats. I had 2 and then a third claim that I deserved it.

And my parents wonder why the doctor thinks I have schizophrenia.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
It's weird when I go back and look at the old threads, particularly the art and sprite threads and the old RPs I was in. What I thought was amazing and phenomenal in the past now looks mediocre, what I remembered to be funny and silly now looks stupid. People I admired for being "cool", looking back on their posts some of them were definitely not cool and possibly even rude and selfish or mean. Meanwhile, people I never imagined even talking to in the past are now some of my best friends, and somehow, I, the n00bish football who constantly got kicked and banned for years and years, have made myself a place on this website, in this community.

It's amazing what almost a decade can do to you as a person, and how the current me is so different from the me that just joined the site back in 2007. Am I still fun-loving, easily excitable, and weird? Absolutely. Do I still sprite, love classical music, and role play with my friends? Of course. But at the same time, something has changed in me if I do not feel the same way about certain things from all those years ago. Maybe I'm wiser and more experienced. Maybe I've grown to be more cynical of the world and the people in it. Maybe I'm just changing as a person otherwise, in ways I don't know. Whatever the case may be, I'm not the exact same person as I was then. And perhaps that might be for the best.

After all, I don't think I've been banned from the site since the reboot. That must be some sort of accomplishment, right?

So after ranting to a friend and spending the day with my girlfriend after dealing with bullshit that made the day go awful yesterday I have to say I've been actually feeling better. So you can probably guess why I was so proud when I won a Mario Kart Wii competition with 60 points,meaning I won first place all 4 times. It was glorifying and I felt free from the bullshit this week had to offer when thinking of my doctors appointment and school hours.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Well this is disappointing. I thought I had registered for Kanto Classic only to find out today that I did not. I wanted that Dragonite dammit. :|

So my friends and I had this utterly redonkulous conversation about manly achievements, and somehow I blurted out the following statement: "My manliest accomplishment as of yet would be eating two ghost pepper habanero salsa-filled burritos on top of a steak that was burnt black in a home-made grill that was using Donald Trump's excess hair to fuel the fire. Duely noted, I also ate the plate."

My friend replied as follows: "My manliest accomplishment as of thus far would be keeping myself from tearing over what you have achieved, my good sir."

Lonely~.......My Mr Lonely~ I have nobody~ To call my own~

That feeling when you are Homeschooled AND Awkward in public and you legitly have been in a Place for almost TWO years and do not know half of your neighbor.

But man, I just realized I am a Horrible person I just look like "Dude you touch me I'll break your Foot"

I am just.......Sleepy........
In other news I cried my Eyes out on Zoro's Backstory (Do not get me wrong I am on Ep. 54)

Hookay~ So, the redonkulous conversation continued through this morning, and it went from manly accomplishments to horribly bad Shulk puns, and thus is what followed:

Speaker4Pluto: What's the color of my current hoodie?
Speaker4Pluto: I'm really tealing it.

Speaker4Pluto : I have a delicious banana here with me.
Speaker4Pluto : I'm really peeling it.

soccer.steve99 : I'm currently out fishing.
soccer.steve99 : I'm really reeling it.

The Voltagonist : I just graduated from the knight academy.
The Voltagonist : I'm really kneeling it.

Speaker4Pluto : I'm a member of the Thieves Guild.
Speaker4Pluto : I'm really stealing it.

The Voltagonist : I have a bunch of drugs on hand.
The Voltagonist : I'm really dealing it.

Speaker4Pluto : I seem to have a nasty cut.
Speaker4Pluto : I'm really bleeding it.

The Voltagonist : You know that girls are afraid of bugs, right?
The Voltagonist : They're really squealing it.

Speaker4Pluto : I'm currently eating.
Speaker4Pluto : I'm really mealing it.

Speaker4Pluto : I used to main Captain Falcon in Smash.
Speaker4Pluto : I was really kneeing it.

The Voltagonist : You know what nationality you are in the bathroom?
The Voltagonist : Europeein' it.

The Voltagonist : That money, you're really leaving it.

Speaker4Pluto : These puns are getting tough.
Speaker4Pluto : I'm really reaching for it.

Speaker4Pluto : I'm incredibly enthusiastic.
Speaker4Pluto : I'm really zealing it.

The Voltagonist: I feel like a winner.
The Voltagonist: I'm really Sheening it.

Speaker4Pluto: I must go direct a movie.
Speaker4Pluto: I'm really Spieling it.

Speaker4Pluto: On the topic of Shulk's swimsuit costume.
Speaker4Pluto: I'm really revealing it.

Speaker4Pluto: Metaknight walked into the Brawl bar one day.
Speaker4Pluto: There were no counters.

Speaker4Pluto: I shall ride a motorcycle.
Speaker4Pluto: I'm really wheeling it.

Speaker4Pluto: I must revoke that terrible law.
Speaker4Pluto: I'm really repealing it.

Sienna Athens: I will hit you >.>
Speaker4Pluto: So you'll be really beating it?

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Something very odd happened to me today... For mothers day, I offered to pay for a Chinese takeaway meal for my mother and sister. I didn't feel in the mood for that, so I went to the place where I used to work to pick up a cheese burger meal and a large bag of chips for us all to split. The guy, Mana, is about my age and seemed really glad to see me and have the chance to speak with me one on one. This is the first time it's really happened since when I was working there, we were always far too busy. He asked me if I was working elsewhere, did I have a boyfriend and was I looking. I said no, I wanted to focus on getting my life together first before I focus on dating again. Despite that, I ended up walking away with a free meal and his cellphone number. I'm used to guys hitting on me, but it was so odd to get free food like that. I'll just go back again later and pay for it then when I see someone else at the front. I wasn't even wearing my makeup today and I've not had the chance to work out in a month or so either. Honestly, it kinda made me feel really flattered.

If you've never read them, Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them are both very informative, fascinating, and amusing reads, albeit very brief ones. I highly recommend them for any serious Harry Potter fan.

I was texting a friend earlier, talking about a couple me and @The Blue Blur made, Jonathan and Scott (you may have heard of them and you might've seen Jonathan). And in the middle of the conversation, she sent me this and I kid you not.

"They're basically Chrolli if the show hadn't ended!"

Now at this point, 3 things came to mind.

1: "Omg she knows what Chrolli is"
2: "She actually knows Verbotene Liebe holy shet"
3: "SCOTTATHAN IS THE NEW CHROLLI!"

To the dear little migraine that kept me up all night with its inane squabbling, I dedicate this poem, created by ottaross on Hello Poetry, to you:

Where were you, you little bastard?
Where were you hiding
As I turned out the lights last night?

Were you in the closet as I came into the bedroom?
Did you seep like a flood
Across the floor in the darkness
Rising up the leg of the bed
And into my ears like liquid toxic waste?

Were you under the pillow
And as my fingers slid under there
Between the crisp, smooth layers of white cotton?
Did you coil about my fingers
And up my arm
To spread over my scalp
All fuming-acid corrosive?

Were you in under the folds
Of the welcoming, white-striped comforter
As we turned in after a perfectly pleasant day?
Waiting, still, in the dark
As I pulled the blankets up taught?
And just below my chin
As the cold sheets around me warmed
To stop the just-into-bed shivers?

Did you crawl up then as I dozed
And twist around my throat
To tighten slowly until I awoke in your grip?

Where ever you were hiding,
You got the drop on me.
You turned the tiny dim lights
That peek into the room at night
Into piercing lasers.

You amplified the tiniest odours
Into dizzying, eye-watering stenches.

You traded the rising-sun's rays
As they finally pierced the curtains
After my hours of sleepless discomfort
For a blasts of neutron-bomb radiation.

Worst of all
You stole the cool, soothing side of the pillow
Every time I managed to find it
Giving me instead a sickly, warm bundle of gorse.

Where were you, you little bastard?
Where were you hiding?

Its honestly amazing how many people you can get to hate Kylie Jenner in a second because you pointed out that she named her perfume collection after a white supremacy group that targeted blacks

(Edit for Now I guess)
YouTube.com/watch?v=K_4w9fSFK0w
This is probably the funniest reaction to taking something the wrong way on camera. I say that because my sister was not recording when her niece started screaming and crying in a store, yelling "No no, anything but a belt!" When shopping for softball XD

Last edited:
(hears of hamilton) Must be kinda boring. I mean, its about american politics! I'm British!
(Listens to soundtrack)
YOU SAY THE PRICE OF MY LOVE IS A PRICE YOUR NOT WILLING TO PAYYYYYYYYY

So, in my Biblical Worldview class today, my professor decided to share a note that he found in one of his previous classes. He normally doesn't share notes and things of the sort, but it was just an amazing sense of irony, and it would have been a travesty if he hadn't shared it with the class. So, the note goes as follows:

Girl: So, can I ask you a personal question?
Guy: Go ahead.
Girl: Are you a V?
Guy: Yes. You?
Girl: Before I answer that, what do you think?
Guy: Well, you do party a lot, so no?
Girl: So you think I'm a whore?
Guy: No. I think you're a good girl.
Girl: Haha lol. No I'm not. I'll admit it. Lol.

So the real kicker of this was... well...
It was written on the back of a Morals and Integrity handout article.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
After mulling over the idea for months now, I finally officially came out to my dad on being both genderfluid amd asexual. No more what if scenarios, no more vague hints, just hard, concrete, "Hey dad, I'm ace and genderfluid". Admittedly, he didn't take the revelation too well: he first told me stuff along the lines of "I know you and you were never like this as a kid" (newsflash: I never really identified as a girl as a kid, I just did because I was taught and told that there were only two genders and I was a girl, and even then many times I felt I wasn't really a girl) and also something along the lines of "this is a phase, you'll get over it" (also newsflash: been ace since puberty, I've had at least 10 years to figure this shit out and I'm fairly certain no matter what I'm pretty turned off by anything sex-related and have never been sexually attracted to anyone, but okay). He then went on a long thing about God and the Bible and Christianity, and how God will steer me on the right path and if this is how God really wants me to be then so be it. Which, honestly, sounded like he thought I was being silly and dismissing everything I said and/or trying to disprove me and stuff. But at the end of it all, he did say that he loved me no matter what and that he'll support me the best he could. He also agreed to use more gender neutral terms when referring to me like kid/child instead of daughter, though I let him keep using she/her/hers as it doesn't bother me too much and he already has enough problems with pronouns in general, outside of gender identity and whatnot.

All told, this went better than I thought it would and his reaction was pretty much expected. We've been talking about LGBT+ subjects for a while now so I could pretty much gauge how he would react when I finally came out, but yeah. I'm still feeling pretty shaky about the whole ordeal and honestly wish he'd be more understanding, but he's doing his best despite our very different viewpoints and I respect him for that. Don't think I'll ever talk about the subject with him again, though, not until I'm sure he's less conservative in his views he brings it up himself.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Having a talk with my own roommate about Christianity and LGBT rights; we were having a pretty good discussion (she's very conservative in her views, I'm fairly liberal) without offending each other until she brought up something extremely sexist and stereotypical. She's staying over at my house so I can't even just kick her out, but I'm just so mad and irritated right now. I understand where she's coming from re: being against LGBT+ people (I don't agree, but I understand since I was that way too), but I cannot agree with her when she states stupid, sexist remarks about the role of men and women in society and how women are the lesser sex. I mean, you're a woman yourself. What the actual fuck are you doing?

Having a talk with my own roommate about Christianity and LGBT rights; we were having a pretty good discussion (she's very conservative in her views, I'm fairly liberal) without offending each other until she brought up something extremely sexist and stereotypical. She's staying over at my house so I can't even just kick her out, but I'm just so mad and irritated right now. I understand where she's coming from re: being against LGBT+ people (I don't agree, but I understand since I was that way too), but I cannot agree with her when she states stupid, sexist remarks about the role of men and women in society and how women are the lesser sex. I mean, you're a woman yourself. What the actual fuck are you doing?
I swear to god I wish I didn't encounter this so much. It's come to the point where I always think "1950". This one girl told me how much freedom she believes women should get but then started being sexist towards men??? Like come on

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@SparkyLewis949 It's not even sexist towards men, my former roommate believes that women are below men and are lesser towards men and I'm just so honestly grossed out and upset by this. She is honestly mutating the Bible's words to suit her own beliefs and that disgusts me. She's previously also stated that she believes, and I'm not kidding, that she's on the right track for her major choice because women shouldn't be in STEM because God didn't make them that way. Keep in mind I love physics, math, and I'm in Computer Science; I'm as STEM-loving as anyone can be (and I'm physically female) so this just came as an attack towards me and as an "I'm doing better than you, I'm more religious than you". Her ridiculously condescending and bigoted attitude just pisses me off so much and honestly I'm just so done with her and her closed-minded backwardness.

@SparkyLewis949 It's not even sexist towards men, my former roommate believes that women are below men and are lesser towards men and I'm just so honestly grossed out and upset by this. She is honestly mutating the Bible's words to suit her own beliefs and that disgusts me. She's previously also stated that she believes, and I'm not kidding, that she's on the right track for her major choice because women shouldn't be in STEM because God didn't make them that way. Keep in mind I love physics, math, and I'm in Computer Science; I'm as STEM-loving as anyone can be (and I'm physically female) so this just came as an attack towards me and as an "I'm doing better than you, I'm more religious than you". Her ridiculously condescending and bigoted attitude just pisses me off so much and honestly I'm just so done with her and her closed-minded backwardness.
Dont associate yourself with poison people, okay? Trust me, it sucks. I would know, I got a death threat for being gay and nothing happened after seeing adults many times. I just ignore her now.

I feel kind of sorry for her, just because of what she would have had to have been told in order to believe that she is a lesser being. Still doesn't excuse making you feel bad though, that's bull. So, my suggestion would be to continue being your awesome self and prove her and like-minded people wrong by kicking ass at Computer Science. Or don't, if you decide you don't want to. Just as people shouldn't have to deal with stupid stereotypes like that, neither should they feel pressured into something just because it defies a stereotype. Really we should all have the choice to pursue whatever interests them, and sex, race, gender or whatever shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday evening I was looking for something to do to kill time before bed, so I booted up Netflix with the intention of watching more Daredevil season 2. However, while skimming through Netflix's recently added shows I noticed that The Legend of Korra season 2 had been added, which I've never watched before. This intrigued me enough to give the show a go, and I have to admit that I've been pleasantly surprised.

Despite being rather disappointed with various aspects of Legend of Korra season 1, particularly several happenings surrounding its finale, I have been genuinely very much enjoying season 2 thus far. I hit episode 10 tonight (haven't watched it yet so no spoilers please) and up until this point it's been great. After season 1, and hearing opinions of season 2 from friends, I almost wanted to dislike it... But I don't. I really don't. On the contrary, it's been a joy revisiting this universe once again and not even Mako and Korra's somewhat bland characters can take away from that.

Even if season 2 has another weak/rushed finale, I'm more than stoked for more and will definitely be watching season 3. I'm just glad that I finally gave season 2 a chance - and episodes 7/8 were bloody brilliant and so damn cool.

So it has been nearly 3 months since I have been living with Depression. I usually never show it when I am with the people that I love, but no matter the laughter I may share, the moments I make, the awful puns I make...I am slowly dying on the inside. I often question my own life, question whether if my life should continue, question why I have little remorse over my own well being. I could say it started during a time when I really screwed up with my parents. I was also extremely stressed over the amount of schoolwork I have been doing, while gradually losing the ability to maintain prefect grades. I guess it left an emotional scar that will probably never go away.

Over the past two weeks, I have been doing "things" just so I don't kill myself, and with each passing day I tend to laugh more, tend to smile more, tend to stess less. That doesn't mean I don't come home and feel perfectly fine, but no matter what brings you down, you have the power to bring yourself back up. You just have to put the effort into getting up. Who knows, over the summer I might change for the better.

Perhaps.

When she said no, I thought I was going to cry.

But then she said

I just want a good friend. I nodded to myself, and typed : ) back

Finally got my life back on track

I debated for days whether to ask her,

Or one of her friends

If she liked Me

Or if I was barking up the wrong tree

Like a broken down old two speed

My breaks or broken

So I'm only pickin up speed

I'm going down a hill

To fufill

What's left of my child hood

While it's still here

-Umbreon 2016

So, I've been in Singapore for the past week on an excursion, and we finally have had a large period of time to do whatever the hell we wanted, so I wandered and came across a bunch of dedicated anime stores. Upon realising that this stuff is cheaper and has a much larger range than anything I've seen before in Australia, I weebed out and I don't mind telling you it felt bloody great. So yeah don't mind me I'm just going to go to chat to my uni's Alumni and pretend I'm totally a mature adult who didn't most definitely just buy a bunch of Nendoroids and plushies >>

I have enough...
College is shitty and nasty thing. Getting to more and more things to do and less and less time to do it...
I have some issues with myself as I do not find me as good boyfriend. I'm tired all the time and totally not feeling happy (except spending time with my girlfriend who I can see only at two days in a week)... I wish I was younger again to have time for everything... Or I wish I had nice-payed job so I wouldn't need to study... All I want is to be happy and have time for myself and for those who I love... Is it so hard? :(