• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

I'm so conflicted by this revelation and it's keeping me up all night, as I can honestly say it's my first time having a crush on a girl, nevermind the girl who's been my closest friend for almost 10 years now. I don't want to tell her because I don't want to make our friendship awkward (which it definitely will be, especially if word gets out to the rest of our friend group), but at the same time a part of me wants her to know? Ughhhh crushes are terrible things.
Hey, I feel you. I know it's hard crushing on someone you have a cherished friendship with, but if I can give you any advice... Why don't you try and talk to her? I mean, go slowly first; try to get her opinion on what she thinks about this kind of relationship first, but do it subtly. Like, approach the subject (even by joking) to see how she reacts. By joking, I mean something like "I like you so much for supporting me I could just marry you!", things of the sort. If she reacts badly you can just say "nah, I'm just joking, I'm happy to have a supportive friend like you", see. So if the plan backfires, you have something to cover your real intentions. ;)

Depending on how she reacts, after a while, maybe you can even talk honestly to her what you've been feeling. Even if she doesn't react well, I still think you should be honest with her, because... you know, there's no telling what can happen. What if things work out well? I say this from personal experience, I got a crush on a friend of mine and was afraid of telling her because I didn't even know if she liked girls, that could spoil our friendship, she could avoid me, etctera... I tried to ignore it but like you said, it was all I could think of, and it was getting me sleepless. One day I just got the courage to tell her everything I felt, and guess what? We're madly in love until today and she's the best girlfriend I EVER HAD, even being the broken person I know I am. She's actually getting me to like myself a little bit, it's like she's putting my broken pieces together, you know? I can't even imagine me without her, just like the day I decided to confess I couldn't ever imagine she'd return my feelings.

You never know what may happen, and sometimes all you have to do is take a deep breath and take the first step. I'm sorry for saying all of this openly (I tried sending you a PM but I didn't know how), but I wanted so badly to tell you this that I couldn't help it. And maybe my advice is useful for somebody else too... :')

I just wanted to Apologize to the Moderators if I was being a little brat last year. I promise I will try harder to make my meanings clearer. And I'm also sorry for this. . .

Apearently I'm obsessed with pear puns.

(I'm so sorry it's Pearibble. Oh god I did it again didn't I?)

So, curiosity getting the better of me, I've been delving into reasons why there was a no-show for the next season of No Game No Life, and I happened to stumble across this, along with various other news posts about it.
http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/25694/no-game-no-life-author-has-been-caught-tracing/
I'm quite depressed after hearing about this, not only because this will most likely indefinitely halt the coming of the next season, but also I feel bad for the author, because he ruined his career entirely. :p
(also, I know I'm probably a little late on finding this out, but I'm still quite upset about it)

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I've been really sick as of late. It's the kind of sickness that is causing a physical pain throughout my body, nausea, dizziness and headaches.It's been half a week since it has started and I'm starting to think that it won't be leaving me anytime too soon. On the bright side, I got 'The Gardnerian Book of Shadows' very recently. It's a very interesting read and I'm so happy to finally have a hardcover copy in my book collection. I wish I had someone to discuss it with though...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I've made up my mind. I'm gonna buy myself a chest binder, an actual one this time (not a shitty homemade one). Of course, I don't have the funds for it right now, but someday. Soon. Hopefully.

Oh god, school starts up for me again soon (Yay?) and my sleep chedule is still -fall asleep at 1am, wake up some time later.
Hopefully I can actually get it under control somewhat....

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Instead of studying for my Chinese vocabulary test I have in 3 hours, I instead spent the whole morning translating the Chinese scanlations of D.Gray-Man into English. I'm so proud of my unproductivity :'D

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Already over a foot of snow outside and the weather says it won't stop until 9pm tonight. On the one hand, yay! No work on Monday because I'll still be shoveling out my driveway! On the other hand, fuck I have to shovel three feet of snow over the weekend! @.@

My biggest concern with the blizzard is that it will find its way into my room once it starts melting. The universe just loves to screw me when it comes to these things.

Stumbled across this yesterday, found it pretty amusing. :)
Fire Emblem Marths.jpg

Well done here in the south it kind of stinks because you get NO SNOW WHAT SO EVER! but in other news, Trying to get a couple of Series started on PokeCharms called Who Would Win and These are the Questions We Ask.

Here's a life lesson for you kiddies. Always save your work, all the time. Even if the program you're using usually autosaves everything you do and can get you back almost to exactly where you were, do it anyway. Because I derped, didn't save, the program crashed, and now I've lost about 6 hours of work and only have a base sketch left. Krita autosaved every other freaking file I had open, no matter how small of a scribble , but failed to do so on the one artwork I had that I actually cared about. So yeah, save your freaking files. Now please excuse me, I am going to drown my sorrows and hopefully my stupidity in ice cream.

@Aura I feel you. Technology still baffles me in how flimsy and untrustworthy it can be. So far I've had a total count of seven E-mail problems (three for Starbucks applications, and four for teacher inquiries), four college assignment submission errors, and one complete and random iPhone data wipe, all within a month.
(the fact that I can count all of them is even sadder, now that I think about it)

Can I have some of that ice cream, please? :p

@The Voltagonist Ya know, I think you need all of this ice cream more than me mate, that sounds like such a pain O.o Usually its my own fault when things like this go wrong, but I bet it would be super frustrating when things mess up for no apparent reason.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Time zone differences suck, ESPECIALLY when they're almost a 12 hour difference. Seriously, we keep trying to get together and every time, one of us just woke up and the other is getting ready for bed. And neither of us can really afford to become nocturnal due to school/work. Ugh, why is this girl all the way in China ;w;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Time zone differences suck, ESPECIALLY when they're almost a 12 hour difference. Seriously, we keep trying to get together and every time, one of us just woke up and the other is getting ready for bed. And neither of us can really afford to become nocturnal due to school/work. Ugh, why is this girl all the way in China ;w;

Yeeeah, I know that feeling, but likely not to the same extent that you're experiencing. I've been to China twice and I remember it being a struggle to communicate with anyone back home. One of my closest friends also did a school placement in Japan for an extended period of time and we were only able to skype about 2-3 times throughout her entire stay. It was just too awkward for us to find times/situations that suited both of us. xp

In other news, it's a bit early to share but I love the Pokemon company for this Valentine. XD

12647055_854490558006223_5812924834748910446_n.png

Well.... Just waiting for Pokken Tournament
People make fun of that song and I get it but this song has a Deeeep meaning.
In other new I am a Splatoon Pro (Meh..) I am Level 27 and main the Krak-on Splat Roller, Aerospray RG, and the Octobrush.

So I caught a horrible bug over the weekend, and have been terribly sick for the past couple of days. Had to email my professors to notify them of why I wasn't in class. (because, you know, it's the smart thing to do, yeah?)

Next thing I know, I get an email notifying me that I might be dropped from one of my courses for attendance issues. So I had to email that professor, AGAIN, and notify him that I have been sick over the weekend, and I couldn't make it to class these past couple of days.

Eventually, there came an apology email, as they never saw my first email, so they thought I was just skipping or something.

Was and am pretty pissed, but more relieved than anything, because I'm still sick, and do NOT have the energy to be mad for very long. @.@

"So there was this man I met named Tyrone. Nice man, had a wife and three kids; an all around loving father and husband. So I kidnapped him, fed him his dead children and wife, and kept him captive in a cage for 3 months. I let him out and he beats me up! What the heck man? It's just a prank bro!"
-pranks in like 5 years.

(In case you couldn't tell, I greatly dislike modern pranks, as all they do is piss people off so they can beat them up, unaware that the prank they're doing is supposed to be funny...well for the few not fake pranks. PrankInvasion and SoFloAntonio come to mind, now I want them out of my mind.)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Psycho Monkey is once again another year older *sobs* so here is what I've learned about myself:
I have the world weariness of an 87-year-old
I have the wisdom of a 77-year-old
I have the aged body of a 27-year-old
I have the appearance of a 17-year-old (since I look the same as I did my senior year of high school)
And I have the maturity of a 7-year-old
Yup. That all sounds about right.

Ended my first (proper) week of school. All of a sudden my maths skills returned, and brought apologies... So far in maths I have fineshed early every lesson, to the point where Im pretty sure the teacher is going to try to actually find stuff for me to do instead of mucking around with my drawing. My technobabble class is doing something Ive done twice already (HTML4, once you know it its a lot more easy) so Im mucking around with that as well, and pretty much helping a friend breeze through. Also, yay! only 2 teachers don;t want me using a laptop instead of books! People can read my work now!

Anyway, as you can tell, having fun, being bored, and jsut mostly mucking around.

Oh, and trying out whittling. Mostly trying to make knives. Just gotta thing some out nad I think I'll have something Im proud to hang up!

"Nothing I did there was close to bad enough to warrant that kind of reaction..at least not that I remember. If I had indeed hurt people personally I feel awful and certainly have paid for it in my own life since.."

Oh joy, my computer isnt working properly, and im bring blamed for it, and being yelled at again
school is boring, with no challenge at the moment, but that will probably change.
Oh well, hopefully my computer starts working again...