• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

i cant believe ive been beating games quickly without the intention of doing speedruns. i just beat kirbys epic yarn in a couple days, kirbys dreamland 2 in about a day and super mario land in a few hours

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
AHEM.
Children.
This is a 'post your thoughts of the moment' thread. Not a 'conversational bullshit' thread. All of the above was deleted and the next time this thread goes conversational, everyone involved gets a warning.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
So I fell down the stairs yesterday as I was setting off for work. I spent the whole day shuffling around because my left side hurt, and obviously after my nine hour shift I slumped straight into bed. Oh my gods does my body hurt today! Everything hurts. Excluding my feet and my head.

So all my thoughts today are of pain. It hurts so much that sometimes when I move it makes me laugh xD

Walked home from school today. I figured out that no one else in the whole school takes the same route as me.
Also, my dog's at the pound. Family had to get rid of him. I'm gonna miss you, Toby.
*testing being held at school, groan*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
(Insert obligatory "I warned you about stairs bro! I told you dog!" here)

I hate it when I'm trying to write and end up with a series of disjointed mental images that I'm not entirely sure how to connect. @_@

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Playing the Smash demo 24/7 so i can work up a good Mega Man game. I usually play all characters, but I am so pumped for my future mains.
Robin Shulk wait for me baes~♥

Last edited:

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
There's this Dragonforce song called Heroes of our Time.
One of the lines in the chorus is "We'll all find our sacrifice tomorrow". This is the one time I disagree with the band, because do you want to find a sacrifice on your birthday? I don't, and I don't think you do, either.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
Sacrifice for what? It's not like anyone is trying to hop a fence to hang out with me! Besides, I already convinced my dad to make pancakes for me tomorrow!

On the way home from school today, me and my friends made a pit stop at Maccas. None of us had any change though. So we just got some water.

Also, we walked down an alleyway where we found the lid of a drug needle. My friends said the last time they went down, they saw the actual needle. :o

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
10632793_10204618896090752_5174900470398299850_n.jpg

CAREER EXPO FREE SWAG! I mean haul. I mean stuff.
In detail, I got:
-Cards from Facebook
-Earphones from State Farm, Qualcom, Bloomberg (x2), and American Airlines
-A LARGE BEVO PLUSHIE from Intuit
-Bag from Raytheon
-Lanyard from hudl
-Wall charger from WP Engine
- Little walking toy Android from Google
-Car charger from American Airlines
-Keychain from Cisco
-Pen from Texas Instruments
-MOTHERFUCKING SPEAKERS from Oracle

I think this is a good haul. ♥

I'm thinking I don't like how my medical leave of absence is going to go with work. Wife and I are having baby number 2 on Tuesday and I work 6pm-6am Monday night. My company outsources the medical leave stuff to another company and they won't approve proper medical leave until my wife actually has the baby. I have to either be dead on my feet Tuesday morning and all day or pull a sick day for Monday night, which I won't get back until the anniversary of it next year (so I REALLY don't want to do it).
I expressed much disappointment to my claim worker about this company's unwillingness to work with night shifters. They were a pain to work with when we had our first... I guess I don't know why I thought it would be different. :@

And I had perch for dinner tonight. It was good. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
After a bit over two and a half months of being consumed with watching through How I Met Your Mother, I've finally finished all 9 seasons + watched the official alternate ending. I'm currently not entirely sure which ending I preferred but overall I liked 'em both for different reasons. More importantly, I haven't been that obsessive over a non-animated TV show in yeeeears so kudos to HIMYM for keeping me hooked straight til to end. It was a fun way to spend my downtime during the summer~

*Goes into withdrawal now* </3

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
So in my World Civilization class, we were assigned groups and told to make a video/board game based off of the exploration of The New World in the 1500s, blah blah blah all that stuff. At first it was semi-serious but now there's unicorns and mermaids involved. :'|
(At least I get to make the nerdy descriptions! :8B:)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
-went to play mafia with church friends
-got introduced to resistance
-played for 4 hours straight
-lost voice from shouting too much

This is EXACTLY what happened to me tonight and also 2 Fridays ago (not counting yesterday), except I did end up playing mafia and not Resistance that time.

Remind me that I'm not allowed to play games of accusation anymore.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
We do remind you that. All the time! You just don't listen to us :p

In other news, I have once again overextended myself by getting involved in more projects than I can reasonably keep track of rather than focusing on one task at a time like any sane person would. But what do you know, I'm not sane :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
About to go out for foods with the work crew. It's an amazing burger place in Sheffield called The Harley and the burgers are amazing (with pulled pork covered fries!). The only problem is that the burgers are either double or triple beef... you can't just have a single-beef filled burger. Total first world problem :V

Today was a Shit day.
I just want to cry, and I really cant because me crying will cause the rest of the house to break down. I cant deal. I really want to cry.

Just a bunch of family drama I really don't want to deal with. And where I live outside at that time of night (midnight/1am) is either freezing, or drenched.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I'm so tired of my school's community. They've been constantly joking about Ebola for the past couple weeks, and it's very annoying. I get they're just trying to be funny, but I find it hard to laugh about a disease thats killing thousands of people. :@

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
My teachers say that only 1 person a year dies from Ebola in the U.S. The flu, on the other hand, kills 57k people a year in the U.S., and that only lasts during the winter-time. Yet they're talking about Ebola on the news. *facepalm*

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Jason59707 that's 'cos ebola is currently the subject of what we call a "media circus" - every news outlet in the West is frothing about it, just like they did with every other nasty disease that they claimed would kill us all. Swine flu, bird flu, mad cow disease, etcetera etcetera. It's a great way to distract from the diseases and ailments that kill far, far more people, but aren't sexy enough for the drug companies to try and cure.

Last edited:

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I'm so fucking happy right now.
My friends keep telling me the demo is ehhh, but I haven't received the code.Till now.
Pokemon just emailed me like a couple minutes back and GAVE ME THE CODE~
And when I refreshed my email, I saw it. And literally screamed.
So, I'm going to start the demo now.

I'm so fucking happy right now.
My friends keep telling me the demo is ehhh, but I haven't received the code.Till now.
Pokemon just emailed me like a couple minutes back and GAVE ME THE CODE~
And when I refreshed my email, I saw it. And literally screamed.
So, I'm going to start the demo now.
Lucky -_- , I'm still stuck in limbo waiting to get my e-mail, but I'm going to stop complaining about it from here since I don't want to look too immature & stupid.
I'm still patiently waiting until I can finally play the demo and get my metaphorical hands on that Glailitite, though it's still not easy.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Lucky -_- , I'm still stuck in limbo waiting to get my e-mail, but I'm going to stop complaining about it from here .
I'm still patiently waiting until I can finally play the demo and get my metaphorical hands on that Glailitite, though it's still not easy.
I logged in to Pokemon.com's trainer site, and the email came about 5 minutes later. Maybe that will help. (That's kinda what I did)

As for my thoughts- I need to pre-order OR/AS immediately. This game itself is too much to handle.
But the only thing I don't like right now is that I'm not hearing any trumpets, instead I'm hearing a sax.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Anyways, having bunches of fun with the demo. The music and visuals are great, and unlimited uses is nice. I can hang it on the wall with my Special Smash Demo. :)

Battle Girls still perpetually float in midair. They really do care. ;_;

Last edited:
I GOT MY CODE FOR THE DEMO!!!
In all reality I got the code at 3:30 but it wouldn't load properly until 7:40 ish, but now that I have it I can say that the demo makes me REALLY happy~

I finally got a chance to play the demo & I have to say that it's pretty cool. Now the only thing I have to decide is whether to stick with the Glailie I already caught here, or catch a Snorunt of my very own in the full game and just use the Glailitite from here