• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Pokemon Evolution Grounds

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Pokemon Evolution Ground's discussion thread! This is my very first Roleplay so please bare with me.
(The Roleplay has started already, but please feel free to applying, it's never to late :)
http://pokecharms.com/threads/the-pokemon-evolution-grounds-rp.13731/ )
~~~~~
The Pokemon world has lost it's original power. To what? Mega evolution. You see, in this part of the Pokemon world, the air contains something called Evouilite. This is the material that Pokemon use to evolve. Some of the more well known ones are the fire, water, and thunder stones. They are mass concentration of Evouilite, explaining why Pokemon evolved when touching them at times. However, ever since mega evolution had been discovered, it would take a massive amount in transaction for a temporary boost of power before the Evouilite used was lost forever.
The setting of this story will begin in three different Pokemon towns. The first town is known as Trevenant's Rest which takes place in a forest. Like all of the towns, it has a supply store, a small economy, and most important of all, young Pokemon who have the desire to evolve. However, there is only one place in the world where that is possible, which is known as the Evolution grounds. (For trainers, Anistar City.) The sundial and been cracked which released a astounding amount of Evouilite, creating a large dome where Pokemon can evolve. Trainers and humans can not access this area due to the Evouilite malfunctioning near them, causing the precious power to disappear.
Back to the towns, you also have the choice of Kyogre's Coral or Regirock Desert. Each name corresponds to the journey on the way to the Evolution grounds.
(Disclaimer, the names of the starting towns are just names, there are no actual legendary Pokemon)

If you start from Trevenant's Rest, you will have to travel through the Sunken Glades, a dangerous poisonous forest where a dangerous pack of Mightyena live, living off the adventurers that travel through. However, after having gone through there, no one knows anything beyond there, for no one has ever returned to tell.

If you start from Kyogre's Coral, you will start is a small town near the beach and you will have to travel through the Great River. There are many cat Pokemon that live near and identify themselves as clans. They are aggressive and there are different kinds of Pokemon in the terrain. Nonetheless, it is very difficult to travel through because of the tight guarding of borders.

The last choice is Regirock Desert. This town is in the middle of the Desert and getting out of the town is already difficult. The Pokemon live in the oasis, safe from the brutal and harsh conditions. However, in the desert itself, there are harsh sandstorms and many Cacturne, Carnivine, and Cacnea that attack weak Adventurers.

Will you travel alone? Or with a friend? Will love blossom? I guess we'll see :3

Edit: Okay, so I don't think I describe the towns very well. Lets see...
Trevenant's Rest is more of a forest town. It has a large central fountain where Pokemon play and can get water from. The houses are usually inside of the large, towering trees. The town has multiple pathways, one that leads to the shopping district where you can find all kinds of stores. If you wanted, you could buy accessories for you Pokemon there.
Trevenant's Rest is kind of you basic clique starting point, kind of like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or the starting town in the mmo game that you play. Some more information about the Sunken Glades...
The Sunken Glades is not only full of Mightyena, but it is also known to have many kinds of poisonous plants and berries. The bushes are filled with thorns and is also considered to be one of the most dangerous areas known to Pokemon.

Kyogre's Coral is a water town.
Really? I could have never guessed! :O
Kyogre's Coral is sort of like a beach town. It also has a special shopping district, but it goes under water. It is covered by glass and has special tubes so Pokemon that can't leave the water can also enter the district. This town also has a great supply of jewelry due to it having close use of Coral Gems. The beach is also very peaceful, but is also quite close to the first part of the journey which is to cross into through the Great River clans. (You guys also realized what I meant by clans, using warrior cats and all XD)

Finally, Regirock Desert,
Regirock Desert (town) is in a oasis. In the middle of the oasis where there is water, there are many shops that sell lots of berries, fruit, and traveling items. However, all the tailors are on the outskirts of the town, near the shifting sands. They create golden rings and tough brown clothes that keep Pokemon cool. Getting out of the town is also no easy feat. However, there is a rumor that there is a hidden cave system the is revealed every time there is a heavy sand storm. It is a large maze with unsteady roofs and some cases of quicksand. Ghost Pokemon also seem to wander these caves, still and always, looking for the exit.
----
Rules:
1. Please keep Swearing too a minimum due to there are younger people on Pokecharms, such as myself. Please also no gore and no too in-depth romance.
2. Please use the Discussion thread as a OOC room if needed. If you absolutely need to use OOC in the roleplay, please use this example:
(OOC: I like cookies!)
3. Please try to avoid short posts that are only 1-2 sentences.
4. Mega evolution will be not allowed because for one, the Pokemon you will be roleplaying as will be a Pokemon village where there will be no trainers. Secondly, Mega evolution is not allowed due to the Pokemon Roleplay Rules. (Also if your reading this, say "Cookies" in the (Other) part of your application. ^-^
5. ^ Please follow the Pokemon Roleplay and General Roleplay Rules.
6. Please no unreasonable moves for your Pokemon (Vaporeon using Fire Blast). Also, moves work like they do in the anime.
7. Shiny Pokemon shall be limited, so please ask before placing it on your Pokemon. Shinies are supposed to be insanely rare and they will lose there value if there are too many.
---
Wow that made me sound really strict, sorry about that. XD

Finally, the Application Form!

Species of Pokemon:
Name:
Special Features: (Scars, Marks, stripes, etc..)
Personality/Description:
Starting Town:
Friends/Romantic Interest(s):
Evolution Prediction: (What you want/think your character is going to evolve into)
Other:

My form :3

Species of Pokemon: Eevee (yup)
Name: Cocoa
Ability: Adaptability
Special Features: (Scars, Marks, stripes, etc..) Slightly darker fur with amber colored eyes.
Personality/Description: Cocoa is a very energetic and outgoing Pokemon. He constantly tries to talk to Pokemon and tries to be friends with everyone. However, if one of his friends or loved ones goes missing or is hurt, he will become worried and sad, leading him to be a very caring Pokemon. If it was caused by another Pokemon, he will also become enraged and will not hold back. Cocoa is also known to be quite sensitive which causes him to have some interesting mode swings at times.
He's a bit hard to describe, so it will be easier to let him develop through the roleplay :)
Starting Town: Trevenant's Rest
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): No Romantic Interest at the moment, however he will want and try to be friends with everyone :D
Evolution Prediction: I really don't know, but probably not a Sylveon or Espeon. :3
Other:

----
Thanks for reading this and joining the role play! I hope I can keep this going for as long as possible. If you have any suggestion, feel free to message me or post it in this thread ^-^

Currently Accepted/Available for Applying:
Trevenant's Rest: Available
Available

~:Mist:~
Hisseki
13inHeaven
Baeleefconfirmed
Canpan
Kyogre's Coral: Available
Storybook
Riverrunner
VulpixNinetails
OmegaCarvineplays
LegitMoon
Blu Ace
Regirock Desert: Available
DjLucario25
~Principessa~Phantom~
Lone Marshmallow
Kat Hashimoto

Last edited:
Well, here's my character form :D Hope it is to your liking, Mist!
---------
Species of Pokemon: Skiddo
Name: Ria
Ability: Sap Sipper
Special Features: Cloudy white eyes (Looks blind, but isn't)
Personality/Description: Ria is an ambivert, not favoring being alone, but not favoring being surrounded by others. Energy is something she never has to worry about running out of. She's like a living, breathing battery, despite her being a grass type, but she still knows how to keep herself from being extremely hyper. Ria is very kind and gentle, and she doesn't like to see anyone in pain. The second anything bloody is involved is normally the same second that she'd turn away to prevent from being sick. During stressful situations, or situations with a time constraint, she can panic quite easily. That being said, you'd have to have done something or said something really bad to make her panic outside of stressful or time-constrained situations. She doesn't necesarily snap, so to speak, but she will fight if it really comes down to it. It isn't her first choice, but if push comes to shove, she'll do it.
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): As of the moment, no, but she's open to the idea of romance, and even more so to friendship.
Evolution Prediction: Gogoat, probably :p
Other: Her voice is normally quiet, but she doesn't intend for it to be way. When she's panicked, however, she can be quite loud. (Oh, silly me, almost forgot. Cookies .3. )

Last edited:
Species of Pokemon: Oshawott
Name: Kaos
Ability: Torrent
Special Features: Can he wear clothes? If so, then a flannel shirt, snap-back always worn backwards, and "hipster" glasses. Also, has blue eyes to match his natural body color.
Personality/Description: Kaos is basically the Brock character. He falls in love with every female he deems "pretty". This includes Milotics and Jigglypuffs, but discludes Snubbells and Woopers. Very open-minded, though, he'll always take on a challenge, as he hates sitting still. Although he is not the loudest of the bunch, Kaos will talk about nothing but adventuring and girls. He's arrogant, careless, and rather possessive, but he hates being alone. Give him a snack, and he'll shut up. If anybody is in his way, he won't hesitate to use brute force.
Starting Town: Regirock Desert
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): Basically every female he sees. >:3
Evolution Prediction: A Dewott, definitely. Probably not a Samurott, though.
Other: Cookies! But seriously, he loves food. >w<

I hope it doesn't look like I'm following anybody... xD

Last edited:
Both Accepted! Thanks for joining, and if you guys have any suggestion, feel free to post them :)
Also, the roleplay will start once we get some more people :p

Species of Pokemon: Purrloin
Name: Jupiter
Ability: Prankster
Special Features: Her left eye is red, while her fur, normally sleek for her breed, is tufted in random spurts and often twisted or tangled, grown extra long on the tips of her ears.
Personality/Description: A bit batty, Jupiter can swing between maliciously calm and incredibly paranoid with a single flick of her tail, often triggered by an acute observation of a friend or a peer or a sudden change in her surroundings. She's an incredibly observative feline and this, coupled by her blunt personality, often leaves a rather rude impression upon others, one that is incredibly accurate, as she doesn't mind being rather rude in general. Still, it appears that the feline tries to fit in with social standards, although this is more through pride than anything else.

True to the devious title of her species, Jupiter is not beside trickery and foul play to mess with someone or get her way, and lying is a favorite tool to do so. Almost none of what she says is actually true unless her sparring partner has got a quick enough mind to catch her mistakes which she's purposefully scattered throughout her dialogue, unless she actually tries to hide something, in which it will be hard to catch the cat red pawed.

Jupiter is obsessed with fantasy to the point of insanity. She's memorized every storybook, nursery rhyme, and fairy tale there is to read or hear. She finds special joy in the heroes and their tales because she doesn't feel like she can be one herself, having found such joy in trickery and deceit for as long as she could recall. Perhaps, eventually, she'll find something in herself that lets her do that one heroic feat, but until then... lies, lies, trickery, deceit, oh the games she can play.

Starting Town: Kyogre's Coral, if that's alright.

Friends/Romantic Interest(s): ... none, really. Not interested romantically in the slightest, secretly searching for a friend who can put up with her while her other half thinks it might just be better to live alone.

Evolution Prediction: Liepard, methinks.

Other: I hope you don't mind me joining. I'm excited to try a few new characters out in preparation for sun and moon, and Jupiter was a fun one I'm trying to mold together. I'm excited to see what this place has to offer. Oh, and cookies.

Hi and welcome! Thanks for joining! I'm excited for sun and moon too, but I'm not sure if I can afford it yet XD Thanks for reading the rules and we will start once we get more people :)

Yaya!
Species of Pokemon: Fennekin
Name: Torch
Ability: Magician
Special Features: (Scars, Marks, stripes, etc..) Some black scars on her left ear.
Personality/Description: Small, shy, but very talented when she wants it. She can easily make friends though.
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): Tiptap (Good friend), A bit shy but a friend can be good to have, or maybe two, or three, or just everyone around.
Evolution Prediction: (What you want/think your character is going to evolve into) Delphox maybe. Duh.
Other: Nopies.
Well, I'll check if i'm accepted soon heh.

---EDIT---

Species of Pokemon: Ralts
Name: Tiptap (Also referred to as Tipi)
Ability: Trace
Special Features: (Scars, Marks, stripes, etc..) Her hat thing is violet-coloured.
Personality/Description: Very open, enthusiastic and always ready for an adventure. She hates to just walk or do nothing.
Starting Town: Trevenant's Rest (Duh)
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): Torch (Good friend), Doesn't care about personality and shit.
Evolution Prediction: (What you want/think your character is going to evolve into) Kirlia, then Gardevoir, can't be Gallade because she is female.
Other: Welp, no.

Last edited:
Species of Pokemon: Treeko.
Name: Arudo.
Ability: Overgrow
Special Features: (Scars, Marks, stripes, etc..) He is red instead of green with a green underbelly, yellow eyes and blue leaves.
Personality/Description: Arudo is a very annoying Pokemon. Not because he's trying to but because he has so much energy and explosive power inside of him. He contains his energy under a false laid back attitude.
Starting Town: Kyogre's coral
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): None yet.
Evolution Prediction: (What you want/think your character is going to evolve into) Definitly Grovyle, probably Sceptile.
Other: He loves beating up fire types who aren't very nice and one times make them eat 6 tomato berries at once.

Sounds Fun!

Species of Pokemon: Eevee (Is it okay if ths Eevee is Shiny?)
Name: Midnight
Ability: Run Away
Special Features: Has red fur near his leg due to battle damage.
Personallity/Nature: Midnight is more lazy then etergetic. Hed rather not help anyone, or do much really. If aksed to do something, he may do it, but lazily in the process. This makes Midnight more of an Calm Nature.
Starting Place: Kyogores Coral
Friends/Romantic interests: No friends/ Intrested in other 4 legged friends.
Evolution Prediction: Umbreon or Leafeon
Other: Likes to help ,but dosent often.

Looks fun, but I understand if enough people have signed up already.

Species of Pokemon: Litleo
Name: Zara
Ability: Unnerve
Special Features: While there isn't anything inherently special about Zara's appearance, she is rather mangy, covered in small scratches and scars from head to toe. Her ears in particular are rather nicked, and her (typically sleek) fur sticks up randomly. This is due to her constantly engaging in fights for seemingly no apparent reason, typically against bigger, stronger foes.
In short, she typically isn't the winner.
In addition, something that doesn't occur naturally for her appearance-wise are bright, green eyes. This is due to genetics, as both of her parents have the same trait.
Personality/Description: Zara is a spirited individual with a fiery temperament. She's generally very rash, not thinking decisions through while charging headfirst into the problem. She is kind… but really only after you get past the intense exterior. However, she also has a tendency for fire-related puns, often laughing insanely while everyone else groans or slowly backs away.
Basically, she could be your friend, but may also try to kill you for (mostly justifiable) reasons. Similar to a DnD Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral character.
Starting Town: Kyogre's Coral
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): While she does have platonic interests, she has no romantic ones at the moment.
Evolution Prediction: Pyroar
Other: Unfortunately, she'd probably burn any cookies she'd try to bake… as well as the rest of the house the oven happened to be in.

Last edited:
Here I go!
Species of Pokemon: Ponyta
Name: Shira
Ability: Flash Fire
Special Features: (Scars, Marks, stripes, etc..) Black stripes around.
Personality/Description: caring, very nice, a leader.
Starting Town: Kyogre's Coral
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): No/ask
Evolution Prediction: (What you want/think your character is going to evolve into) Rapidash, of course
Other: none
(am I late?)

Mine:
Species:Charmander
Name: Flame
Personality: Flame is an alone Charmander lost, alone, and weak. He cant trust anyone from what he has been through. He is fierce and hostile. It takes a long time for him to trust you. His tail tip has very small fire. Hes still strong enough to keep it going, though.
Ability: None yet.
Special Features: He has a scar across his chest and eye. His eyes are Blue. He has a flame mark on is head.
Starting town: Kyorgre's Coral.
Friends/love interests: none yet.
Evolution Prediction: He evolves into charmelion, but NOT charizard.
Other: none
Cookies ●◇●
Also can I be a shiny? I just love the golden color on charmanders ♥

Yessir!(or her) Thanks for reading the rules and I hope you enjoy! The Roleplay as already started and you can find it in the link posted in my original post.

Also, for future appliers, Please try to join the other towns besides Kyorgre's Coral. I'm not stopping it from being a choice, but we have a lot more in that town then the others. Thanks! ^-^

Accepted, and welcome to the role play! Thanks for joining and reading the rules. I see that you have also joined Regirock Desert. Thanks a lot! I should have probably hyped it up a bit more. Anyways, the roleplay is in the Pokemon Roleplay section or you can click the link on the original post. ^-^

For what it's worth, I think the desert was definitely hyped up well ^^ I would have joined there if I knew so many people were going to be attracted to the beach :p At the time I was the only one XD

Heh, I'm trying to add some info about the starting towns so it will be easier for people to understand what I was envisioning. But thanks :)

Yeah, I'm working on a reply atm. However, I'm not part of Kyogre's Coral. Sorry X.x
I didn't really expect such a diversity in time zones so the roleplay goes on and off depending on where the majority of the players live.

I'm not nearly done--I have a suggestion. To keep more events, after we evolve, we have to battle in a very dangerous forest after they evolve, I'll have more later!

Oooh, the info on the towns is very cool :D Sorry if I took over a bit describing the area in which my character was, but I wasn't quite sure what else to do :p I shall amend this in my next post.

As far as the quickness in which people reply, sometimes it is better to wait for awhile for another person. It can give you time to think about your characters, not only how they might react but how they move, what they're thinking of, how the affects of nature or the display of the town affect their thoughts. It can be a good thing to have to wait ^^ I myself am hoping a little that Riverrunner will end up interacting with Jupiter, and I've been pondering on how she might react. It makes the next posts I make much more interesting and hopefully strengthens her character :)

Wait, I have better~
2nd Stage Levels~
Darkrai's Haunted Forest: Very hard. You have to pass a cave, with alot of Dark and Grass Types. Then you enter the real haunted forest. It is very scary, only the bravest can survive here. Main Types: Grass, Dark, Ghost
Stormy Ways: Very hard, equal to the forest. A mainly grassland area, with alot of flowers. It looks easy, but Storms, Hurricanes, and other distasters. Types: Ground, Ice, Electric
And finally~
The Fairies' Commence: Very hard, all equalties. The fairy types have been forced to faint every single one, controlled by Psychic types.
Types: Fairy, Psyhic, Dragon (added one more because why not.

Once everyone is done with their evolution ground ma-bob thingy, You go here and say which one you want to enter :) :p :o

Species of Pokemon: Ponyta
Name: Crystal
Ability: Run Away
Special Features: (Scars, Marks, stripes, etc..) Yellow Stripes.
Personality/Description: Crazy, brave, overated, caring, sharing, lazy sometimes
Starting Town: Found Shira @ Kyogre's Coral
Friends/Romantic Interest(s): None/ Acts like Shira as her friend.
Evolution Prediction: (What you want/think your character is going to evolve into) Rapidash
Other: Is Shira's sister.
(here is Crystal's information.)

Edit: There are a lot of short-posters here. I would enjoy having you post a big bigger! I am not judging you. Also, @DJLucario25 instead of doing *walks away* or like that, it should be like this: ____ walked away after the storm came. I am not mad at you, I am telling you to do to make it a bit better, so everyone can understand. I will not like to see this topic get locked.
Use third-person lines as well!

Last edited: