• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Pokecharms Secret Santa

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
ChristmasCharm.png
Just in time for the holidays, I'd like to host the first ever "Secret Santa" exchange for the Pokecharms community - and, naturally, our presents will be Pokémon =)

Basically, you're going to make a present (aka. breed a special Pokémon) for an anonymous Pokecharms member who's also taking part in the exchange. By "special", I mean a Pokémon that's had a bit of thought put into it - may it be for its egg moves, nature or ability, TM attacks, move tutor moves, or rarity (something that's not simply a plain ol' Bidoof or Magikarp, y'know?). How much time you'd like to spend on your gift is up to you, as is whether or not you attach a hold item to it. Pokémon such as radar chained shinies, favourable natured Ditto, or event legendaries are fair game, too - just nothing hacked or cloned please.

All you need to participate is own a copy of Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum and have ready access to the WiFi Connection. You'll also need a bit of spare time and to be available over the Christmas holidays: once to give me your present, and again later to receive your own. The exchanges will be done through me, so you won't know who your gift is going to or coming from until after the fact.

Now, the deadlines - which are flexible within reason. If possible, I'd like to have all of the Pokémon to me no later than December 27th (that's exactly two weeks from today). I'll then send a mass PM out to everyone involved about further trade times/dates, so keep watch of your PM inbox. Ideally I'm aiming to have everyone's presents to them by January 3rd.

If you're interested, drop me your name and D/P/Pt friend ID via the news comments or in a private message. By chance we end up with uneven numbers, I'll balance things out with gifts of my own. Any questions about anything? Feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes part! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This sounds really fun! Does pokesav count as hacked? if not thats okay, I have something else in mind. :)

For these purposes, it does. To keep a good standard for all of the gifts they should be legitly obtained somehow (ie. caught and/or bred by you, obtained from an event giveaway, or ported over from one of the other Pokemon games).

As long as that's alright with you, feel free to take part ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have another question, are we allowd to give more than one gift, say for example give someone Ninetales and Arcanine?

Hmm... Originally I was thinking just one Pokemon per person, but there's really no reason to restrict the gifts (though I'd probably draw the limit at three). If you want to put that much work into your gift, go for it. You'll probably only receive one Pokemon in return (both of your Pokemon would go to the same random member), but that's the joy of giving, eh?

[quote author:pokeManiac99 link=topic=7069.msg126702#msg126702 date=1260753500]
This sounds really fun! Does pokesav count as hacked? if not thats okay, I have something else in mind. :)

For these purposes, it does. To keep a good standard for all of the gifts they should be legitly obtained somehow (ie. caught and/or bred by you, obtained from an event giveaway, or ported over from one of the other Pokemon games).

As long as that's alright with you, feel free to take part ^^
[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. I'll send my friend code soon so we can work out a time for me to send my gift.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just an FYI - tomorrow is the day we hold the Charms Organized Play meetings: at 6 PM GMT (1 PM EST) and 6 PM EST (5 PM Central/3 PM PST).

If you're taking part in this exchange and have your gift ready to go, but weren't exactly sure when a good time to meet up with me was - around either of those times would be great because I should be online. Just drop me a PM in advance so I know you're available, too :)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It's a good idea to read the thread before replying to it. The first post explains everything. >>;

I'd advise you to re-equip your brain. Now.