• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Deadly Pokemon Games[{open.}]

Come join the pokemon games. Do challenges and you could win a thousand dollars.

Jake read the banner. He had no home, no food, no money. All he had was one hand and his pokemon. He had to enter. When he did, there was a crowd of around three thousand. All in that one building. The doors closed. There was a sign.

Rules

If you quit, you die

If you fail, you die

If you are eliminated, you die

Have fun.

Jake covered his ears as everyone yelled in panic. Others formed groups. He decided to look for a group. One word echoed in his mind.

Die.

(Hey! Good to RP again with you! This is a different Jacob than Jake has met before; hopefully the last time I reform this character. The RP looks fun!)

Jacob lost his breath as he read the sign. He couldn't believe this would be true; it couldn't be. No one could get away with killing this many people. No, this had to be some reality show of some sort, or at the very least, just a scare tactic. Either way, Jacob wasn't sticking around to find out. The doors were closed, yes, but this was still a building; one made of stone and mortar.

"Come on out, Voltaire!" Jacob called as his Eelektross appeared in front of him. "Voltaire, use zap cannon!" Jacob's Eelektross gathered electric energy as he formed a ball in front of him before releasing the attack towards the doors. The attack collided with the the doors, but nearly immediately dissipated. Jacob furrowed his brow; looked to him like he had underestimated whomever was running this contest. No one would be escaping his way.

Jake felt a buzz on his phone. First challenge:run. He turned around to see some gates open, releasing a large wave. Jake started to run, but got tripped and was covered in the water. I can't swim by I have you.he thought throwing out his greninja. The Pokemon used its tongue to wrap around a Jake sand started to swim.

Jacob saw the wave too late to escape the rushing water, and he was quickly caught up in it. He reached to his side, grabbing onto Voltaire(Eelektross) who pulled him to the top of the water, and then followed the other trainers who were doing the same thing with their pokemon.

Greninja accidently moved Jake and he hit a rock. Jake tried to cover the blood coming from his head and soon they got to elevated land. When all the trainers were on land, he looked down. Around twenty bodies scattered around. Jake almost cried. This is going to long.

Jacob couldn't believe how quickly things had turned south. He looked at his phone; no bars. He looked around at the two dozen or so remaining people as he caught his breath. Who would do this? He supposed it could be a plan of one of the gangs; Team Rocket, or something similar. They could steal the pokemon of the fallen trainers. Maybe that made the most sense, Jacob thought. He stood.

"We have to get out of here!"

Jake looked at the bodies, that around fifteen seconds dissapeared. The giant sign changed to a leaderboard. If your the last name on the list, you die. Jake let out all of. His Pokemon. He had an idea. He flew up on charizard, who was annoyed at the blood dripping on its back. He flew to a box next to a high area. He hopped off the Pokemon and walked over. There was a note.

Yay! you survived. Bye.

And soon enough, I has hanging on the side of that cliff.

Jacob looked up at the young man hanging off the side of the wall. He wasn't entirely sure what had happened. He watched the young man fly into the sky, and then turned away for a moment, only to see the very same boy hanging off the side of a cliff when he turned back.

"Stargazer, let's go!" Jacob shouted as the large Golurk appeared from Jacob's pokemon. Stargazer lifted Jacob up onto its back, and flew him over to the trainer hanging off the cliff. "Come with me," Jacob called out.

Jake was losing his grip. He suddenly felt.
....weird. his vision darkened, and he fell. The last thing he saw was hid charizard before blacking out.

Jacob watched as the young man's Charizard lowered him to the ground. He looked at the boy's head; it was bleeding pretty bad, and he was missing a hand as well. Jacob grabbed a towel from his backpack and wrapped it around the boy's head. He had no idea what to do next; the building was far larger than he had thought, and he was nervous to make any further moves. He figured he'd wait for this kid to wake up; at the very least, it safe....maybe

About fifteen minuets later, Jake woke up. He panicked. "where is my backpack! " he kept looking around. "sorry, im Jacob, but everyone calls me Jake." His Pikachu and Umbreon tried to comfort them. "why would someone do this?"

(OOC: It's basically up to you to come up with the challenges, right? :p )

BIC:

"I'm Jacob, and people call me Jacob," Jacob replied. "I've been trying to figure out what's going on here too; if we don't find out soon, they'll be none of us left." Jacob looked over to Voltaire(Elektross) and Stargazer(Golurk), who stood beside him. He thought about recalling them, but he figured it would be dangerous to do so. Voltaire had already saved his life once today.

Jake saw the sign change again.

Two challenges a day. If you make it, your safe, if you fail, you can be eliminated. Everything after that Your on their own, or with a group.

Challenge two:Allergies. I have most of your medical records. I've bassicly mixed all of your allergies components into a gas that only appears in lots, but not all, areas. To be safe, get to the safe zones on your map.

Jake's phone buzzed. It showed a map with yellow dots around. He then started to swell and cough.

Jacob barely had time to look at his own phone before his eyes began to water.

"Damn pollen," Jacob muttered under his breath. Luckily, his allergy was a relatively minor one; it was a nuisance not debilitating. Jacob rushed over to Jake. "You okay?" Jacob asked before letting out a sneeze. "We've gotta go!"

Jake laid on the ground, gasping for air. His Pikachu got a shot out of his Backpack. He injected it into Jake's leg and Jake got up. "yeah....... My immunity......... Won't last long...... " he got up and looked around.

"Alright, let's go! It's this way," Jacob turned and led the way towards the nearest yellow zone. His eyes were getting worse, and he could barely keep them open.

"We are here." he said sitting down. He started to bleed again. "so that should leave like two thousand still alive. And people are still coming in. They don't know. " his Umbreon let out his gardevoir, who healed him. "thanks. "

Jacob nodded, and sat down beside Stargazer(Golurk) and Voltaire(Eelektross). He pulled out his phone and reread the message they had been sent. "'Two challenges a day,'" he read aloud. "That might mean we're safe for today. But what does that last part mean... 'Everything after that you're on your own, or with a group...?'"

"I guess......survive. " he said. "its like the hunger games, just with Pokemon. " he said Gardevoir looked up. Another beep. "if you are the last person on the leaderboard. You die. " He read aloud. He looked at the leaderboard. "I'm next to last. "

Jacob pulled out his phone and looked at the leaderboard. He was about as close to the middle as one could be. He took a deep breath and sighed.

"So now we just wait?" Jacob asked. He turned to his pokemon and collapsed on Golurk's lap. Jacob knew he wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight, even if they found fresh beds somewhere around here.

"Yeah, wait. " Jake said. He stayed up just looking up, trying to call people, training. He almost fell asleep until he heard screams of pain. He looked around until he saw a body, bruised, not breathing. Sad. Sad and creepy.

Jacob rushed over to the body, feeling for a pulse. There was none. Jacob gingerly closed the corpse's eyes.

"We have to get out of here, now!"

"might be a bit too late." he said pointing to where the doors were. "they are gone. Creepy. " He acted calm, but he was really freaking out inside. "We still have about two hours before the next challenge."

"Two hours?" Jacob asked. "Well, I suppose we should be trying to get some sleep. He looked over at Voltaire(Eelektross) who had successfully fallen asleep some time ago. He twitched in his sleep. What a lucky pokemon. Jacob looked over at Stargazer(Golurk) who was still wide awake. Or maybe it was sleeping; Jacob could never tell with a Golurk. Jacob himself lied down. Might as well try to get some sleep.

"I won't get any sleep." he said. Jake laid there. He lost track of time while training and something sharp cut his cheek. He turned to see a pawinard. "charizard flamethrower! " He yelled and his chazard shot flames out of his mouth, but the light of the fire revealed much worse. More. He went to wake up Jacob, but a pawinards stabbed him in the chest. The rest of his Pokemon attacked the pawinard and some scythers that got into the mix. "Jacob, wake up." he said shaking him.

Jacob woke with a jolt. He looked around, dazed.

"What the-" Jacob looked around at the Pawinards and Scythers. They were under attack. "Voltaire, wake up!" Jacob shouted shaking his Eelektross. The pokemon slowly woke up and rose to hos feet. As Voltaire stood and collected himself, Jacob turned to Stargazer(Golurk). The pokemon was already awake, preparing to attack the surrounding pokemon.

"Golurk, use shadow punch! Voltaire use zap cannon!" Golurk stepped forward, slamming his glowing fist into a nearby Pawinard, crushing it. Golurk raised his fist again, and, glowing with dark energy, he brought it down on another Pawinard. This took some time, and Pawinards and Scythers began to hack away at Golurk, cutting into his hard shell.

Meanwhile, Voltaire fire a ball of electric energy at a Pawinard. The pokemon dodged it and continued rushing towards Voltaire(Eelektross).

"Voltaire, use discharge!" Voltaire released electric energy in all directions, catching two Pawinards and a Scyther. "Now, use zap cannon!" Voltaire sent another ball of electric energy, this time flying into a nearby Scyther. The attack hit, and the Scyther fell the the ground, unconscious.

But as soon as the Scyther fell, two took its place. There were way too many of them! Jacob looked over at Jake, worriedly.

Jake returned all of his Pokemon record for charizard. "let's get to higher ground. " he told Jacob while he ripped the sleeves off of his own shirt and tried to stop the blood, but it was tough. "Crap." he flew up a bit to see the carnage of people being killed by these Pokemon.

"Come on back, Voltaire(Eelektross)" Jacob called as his Eelektross disappeared in a flash of red. H leaped onto Stargazer(Golurk)'s back and tapped his shoulder.

"Let's go, Stargazer!" Jacob shouted. The pokemon's arms and legs disappeared as Jacob's Golurk shot flames out of each socket like rockets. The pokemon lifted into the air, following Jake and his Charizard.

Jake yawned and saw a flying Pokemon moving too fast and BAM! it hit himand he fell to the ground. His charizard came down but Jake was unconscious. To Protect him, he made a ring of fire around Jake.

"Dear god," Jacob muttered under his breath. Stargazer(Golurk) was able to dodge the Scyther, flying at full speed towards it. "Stargazer, let's go help Jake." Stargazer shot downwards towards the unconscious trainer. He was bleeding pretty heavily, and he still was recovering from the wound to his head earlier that day. As Charizard protected them, Jacob lifted Jake onto Stargazer's back. Jacob jumped up himself, and the group of them took off into the air.

Charizard followed them. After a while, Jake woke up. He turned to see the other pokemon dissapear. "Hey Jacob, are we alive? " he asked. The phone went off. He was close to be eliminated. "yes, I'm still alive. " he told himself. Charizard was returned and Jake watched for the other attacked Pokemon.

Jacob looked at his injured friend. Jacob had covered Jake with some makeshift bandages made from Jacob's own coat. Hopefully, they would hold until he could find some actual medical help.

"Yea, we're still alive," Jacob said in a low voice. The pokemon seemed to have stopped following them, for now, and Jacob tapped Stargazer(Golurk)'s shoulder. The pokemon lowered the trainers to the ground slowly. Jacob stepped off onto the floor. "I wonder what will happen next. Can you check how many trainers are left?"

"There are still growing. People are joining and they Dont even know. Around two thousand now. " Jake looked worried. When she didn't return. He started to cry. He promised her. She promised him, but she didn't make it. "Sorry, I just......... Nevermind. " Jake looked at his missing hand. "thought this was going to be a normal challenge. I need the money. I lost everything. "

"I'd rather not, but fine. My sister came here to have fun, but she lost. I looked for her until I decided to become a trainer. Now I know what happened. Then I abandoned being the champion of hoenn and old kanto and lost everything. I've gotten weak. I had to sell my prosthetic hand so me and my Pokemon could eat. " Jake felt his Umbreon come out. It looked and growled at a young girl who fell and stopped breathing in front of them. "death, death, and more death. " he checked for any movement, but nothing. "I can't do this anymore. Wasnt there a give up option?"

"There was a quit option," Jacob replied. "But it's not a very good one..." Jacob looked both ways. "Of course, if you keep getting cut up like this, you really won't have a choice," Jacob paused for effect. "How are there so many new trainers joining? We need to find a way to stop them, or all the trainers in the region are going to get caught up in this horrible tournament."

"well, if all do, there will be alot of death. I'm already thinking about that option. We won't be able to. So, it's gonna go until anyone wins." his Umbreon got scared and stayed near Jake. "like all of my Pokemon, people used to hate me. Like my gardevoir, who attacked me as a lots, or Umbreon, who as a we're, bit me all the time."

"Well, if you are convinced you need to take that option, then I can't stop you. But I'm not ready to give up quite yet. If we can gather enough trainers together, perhaps we can protect ourselves against these challenges, and maybe even find a way out. What do you think?"

"Well, we would have a chance over survival, but we would be picked away one by one. That's inevitable. But sure it could work. " he stood up. "let's just hope we don't all die. "

"Great," Jacob said as he looked over at Stargazer(Golurk). "Let's get back on Stargazer here; we've got to get back to the entrance; that's where we have the best chance of finding some trainers to help us out!"