• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Darkening Dark (Kirby RP)

(If you want to join, the OC thread is here: http://pokecharms.com/threads/the-darkening-dark-kirby-rp.13861/. There are three spots still open. People that con post on this IC thread (not including me) are @Sciencewars, @Icena, @VulpixNinetales(?), and @SMRPG64.)

"Gentlemen, we must discuss the matter at hand. Please pay attention! Now, how can we restore the fading light to this land? Yes, you have an idea?"

"We could make a giiiant lightbulb and throw it into the sky!"

"No. That's not possible."

"Well, it was worth a suggestion, if I do say so myself!"

The conversation in the castle went on like this for a very long time. Blue puffball trying to keep order, Southern-accented penguin being a tad too imaginative, and masked warrior telling him so. The others didn't talk very much, mainly because they thought this sight was amusing, but they really wanted to solve the problem that was upon them. The castle, located in a small town consisting of only two shops and an apartment complex, stood tall in the limited light that shone from the sky. Many large monsters, including a couple dragons, an octopus, and a... squash magician?... occupied its dining room, talking about a rather strange occurrence: the disappearance of all natural light. As of right now, the light was not completely gone, but it was very dim and already tricky to see in it without some other source of light guiding you.

"Well, what if we made a giiiant fireball and hurled it into the air?" suggested the Southern penguin, plate in front of him empty.

"Again," started the masked warrior, "impossible."

"A better idea would be finding the source of the light loss," said the green dragon, eyeing the penguin, annoyed.

The blue puffball slammed his hands on the table, plate bouncing, eyes wide, before pointing at the dragon. "Excellent idea, Fangora! Absolutely brilliant! But who would go? We wouldn't, I'm sure?"

"I'm sure we could find someone," the octopus chimed in.

"Well, I for one know of someone who I'm sure would lend us a hand!" said the squash magician, a wicked grin spread across his face.

"Do you?" asked Prince Fluff to Squashini. "Well, then I know just what we can do! Why don't we all choose a person or two to help find the culprit responsible and send them a letter asking them to come here tonight to discuss the matter and form a plan?"

"A good idea. I, too, know who I will send the letter to," assured Meta Knight.

"As do I, now that I think about it," added Capamari, thoughtfully.

"Good. I will write the letters and call you all back here once they are done. Does that work with you all?" said Prince Fluff.

The rulers of the lands all nodded in agreement before Prince Fluff dismissed them all from the room and the castle. Quickly, he collected a feather pen, some ink, and many pieces of paper, and began to write all the letters, unsure to whom they were going. Once they were all completed, he recalled the generals, handed them the letters, and sent them on their merry way, knowing that they were putting the faith of the land's light in the hands of a group he did not know. This made him think back to his personal friend, a puffball much like himself named Kirby, who helped him a long time ago rid of an evil sorcerer. The thought made him mentally reassure himself of his choice, and he spent the rest of the day thinking of whom he might choose to send his letter to.

~~POV CHANGE~~

"Where's the sun been, huh?" asked a voice to nobody in particular, shades-covered eyes squinting into the dark air. From atop a sugar-coated mountain sat a ghost, who glowed in the lack of light. "Ugh! And I bet Ravi will still make me stay inside!" Wrinkling the spot on her face where her nose would be, if she had one, the Cool Spook was ripped from her complaining when a voice called out to her.

"'Ay, Sahara, there's a letta 'ere fo' youe! It seems impotant!" cried an accented voice from the manor she sat outside of.

Huffing, the girl instantly recognized the voice as that of her brother's best friend and fellow Stogue, and hesitantly turned to look to him, although she was genuinely interested in the letter and its contents. "It's Zahra," she mumbled under her breath, floating over to one of the castle's many windows, where the Stogue looked down on her. "Gimme that, Landon! Keep your grubby mitts off my letter, will ya!?" Snatching the letter from the other ghost's grasp, Zahra easily tore it open and ignored the disappearance of her company as she pulled a paper out of the envelope and scanned it over, shutter shades propped on her forehead as she did so.

Zahra,

As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counselors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us with this task. If you are receiving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinnertime to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the Brotherhood. Please make whatever necessary adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

Pitch-black eyes wide, Zahra ended up reading and re-reading the letter once, twice, thrice, in order to make sure this letter was a legitimate letter from Prince Fluff. "They want me to help them!?" she asked nobody, quietly, re-folding the letter and placing it back into the envelope. "Wow... Well, the good news is that there's nothing I need to clear away to make it to this meeting, I guess..." As mean and selfish as the Cool Spook first came off as to others, she really did want to make an impact on others' lives, and this was the perfect way to do it. Also, she looked up to the Brotherhood, admired their work in keeping Patch Land sociable and friendly, and had to admit that she had a soft spot for a certain masked warrior. The others didn't seem to stick out as much to her. Well, except for the king of Snow Land,, but not in a good way. He was just about as annoying as Ravi was!

That night, after a dinner of microwaved instant noodles was consumed, Zahra headed out the door, not telling anyone where she was going. But, if anyone was to question her absence, they could always turn to the note she left on the inside of the front door, which read:

I'm off to do some good. Bye!

Floating her way through the lands of Water, Snow, and Space, since she had decided to see if any other chosen characters would show up to her, Zahra did not waste her time in getting to the castle. Although she had taken the long way around, she still wanted to arrive at a reasonable time, so she sped through the lands almost as quickly as she could, a pulse in her chest that acted like her heart thumping rapidly as she went.

Last edited:
Wally D, resident of Quilty Square, was buying some items for his apartment. "Hmm..." he said "I need a rug... maybe some wallpaper" Then one item caught his eye "Is that?" he asked the shopkeeper "A Waddle Dee doll?" Wally quickly bought the doll and brought everything he got to his apartment. When he checked his mailbox he got a letter. As he opened it he wondered who it might me from. Maybe his brothers in dream land? or his old boss King Dedede wanting him back?

Wally,

As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counselors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us with this task. If you are receiving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinnertime to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the Brotherhood. Please make whatever necessary adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

"This must be a mistake!" said Wally to himself "Me? Help them?". He quickly ran into his apartment and dropped off his shopping. Then he reread the envelope to make sure that it was addressed to him. Once he was sure that it was addressed to him, he began preparing for the meeting. He had around half an hour until dinnertime, and he was wanted just after then. He had dinner early and then made sure he looked the best that he could. There were five minutes left until he was meant to arrive. He decided to not risk anything and blew up a balloon and tied it to himself. He flew towards patch castle and landed right at the entrance

Flash was riding across the flooded Splash Beach, citizens rushing around. His house was in view, right off the beach. However, he noticed the single envelope sitting is his normally-empty mailbox. Opening it and pulling out the page of formal handwriting, he read :

Flash,

As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counselors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us in this task.If you are receiving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinner time to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the brotherhood. Please make whatever necessary adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Price Fluff
Head of the brotherhood

It sure wasn't every day that the brotherhood called out to the people, it it was normally to well-known, trusted people. He never even gave people his name, so it had to be real.

After grabbing a bite to eat (don't ask how), Flash was riding back across the beach as fast as possible towards the castle in the distance. He skirted past yarn hills and platforms, nearing the now-looming castle. He skidded to a stop at the entrance, rolling up to the door.

Voia was floating around her house, thinking of something interesting to do. Nothing came to mind, so she floated out the front door. It was darker than usual. Voia went around Space Land, unsure of what to do with herself, when something flat fell into her hand. She couldn't see what it was, so she went back inside the house. Voia realized it was a letter for her. She opened it up, and gasped. It was from Prince Fluff, head of the Brotherhood. She had no idea why Prince Fluff would ever write to her. Voia unfolded the letter and began to read it, her frown slowly turning into a grin, which normally never happened.

Voia,

As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counselors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us with this task. If you are recieving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinnertime to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the Brotherhood. Please make whatever necesarry adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

"Alright, finally something to do!" Voia exclaimed as she quickly floated out the door once again, leaving the letter and her uneaten dinner on the table.
She floated to the castle as fast as she could. It only took her a minute to arrive at the front door of the castle.

Wally was too excited. He could barely control himself. Three other "chosen ones" were outside. Quickly untying his balloon string. He got ready to meet the brotherhood. He had never met any of the brotherhood, except King Dedede, and, if he was to be perfectly honest, he really hoped that he others were better people than him

Finally, she had arrived at the castle. Looking up to it in wonder, Zahra noticed a few others waiting patiently for entrance inside. Those must be some other chosen people... she told herself, floating up to the small group of, which consisted of a Waddle Dee, a Wheelie, and a Cultra. Not usually one to start a conversation, the Cool Spook hovered above the floor, awkwardly, waiting for the door to open and allow her inside, much like what the others were doing. "Hi-" Just as she was about to say something, maybe even introduce herself, the door opened suddenly, making her jump and whip her head in its direction, shutter shades flying off her face and onto the ground next to her. As quickly as she could, Zahra grabbed her glasses, shoved them back on her face, and threw her hands behind her back as a Cappy appeared behind the door.

"He' fo' tha mission, aar ya?" He, too, spoke in an accent, making Zahra shut her eyes tight, the accent reminding her of Landon. "Ye', cam on een, then." Opening the door fully, the Cappy moved out of the way to allow the castle's guests inside the large vestibule. Once they were all inside, he closed the door behind them. "Tha prince'll be with ya shortly, 'aight?" he said, hopping off into some side room.

Having followed the annoying character, Zahra grumbled under her breath. "What, was it too expensive to have someone decently pleasant tend to the door?" She realized just how loud she complained, and covered the spot on her face where her mouth would be, if she had one, sinking to the floor for a moment. "Oopsies. Hope he didn't hear me," she said to herself, glancing back over to that little side room, then looking up to the others, eyes wide.

Wally tried his hardest to hold back a laugh, and then acted like he didn't notice. It was pretty easy when he saw the Portal-Sock that the legendary Kirby used to come over to save the world. He had mixed feelings about Kirby, on one hand he was a Murderer who had eaten hundreds off his family and friends, but he had rescued them from certain doom on many occasions

Voia smiled. 'It'll be fun to work with them,' she thought. Voia actually didn't mind the Cappy's accent, but she knew the others most likely had the same opinion as the Cool Spook.
She floated from side to side as she waited for Prince Fluff. Voia wasn't too patient, but she knew she had to wait anyway.
"What's taking so long..." she muttered under her breath.

Flash followed the group through the door, marveling at the halls. The castle was quiet, if not for Cappy's yelling. The tan creature wasn't the best doorman, but at least they were let in. Suddenly, he remembered the other "heroes", as Cappy called them. Flash looked to his left and took notice of the other civilians.

There were 3 others. The first was a Waddle Dee, a very common species. They weren't to be underestimated, however. They were the most universal of any resident of Pop Star, Patch land and anywhere in between.

Next up, a Cool Spook. Flash couldn't really say much about them. They were pretty rare, and they kept to themselves.

Finally, a Cultra. Once again, nothing could be said. It wasn't the rarity, or lack thereof, but the fact that they didn't normally say much. Overall, an interesting group. However, he needed one last thing. Flash decided to ask, "Hey, what's your names?"

Voia stopped floating from side to side and turned to the Wheelie. In her opinion, all Wheelies took their speed for granted. The only way she could get around quickly is teleporting, and she wouldn't be able to teleport all the time. Voia guessed that this Wheelie was different. Why else would he be chosen?
"Voia," she replied, "It's nice meet you." She lowered herself closer to the ground.

Looking back to the Wheelie, who had asked for everyone's names, Zahra smiled as she Cultra introduced herself as 'Voia'. "My name i-"

For the second time, she was cut off. Also for the second time, it was thanks to a door opening. But this time, it was not the front door.

This time, the double doors slowly opened to reveal a couple of Bloons, who slowly made their way out of the doorway and over to either side of the door, revealing a short, blue puffball-like creature. Following the Bloons into the vestibule, Prince Fluff stopped once he stood in front of the small group of soon-to-be heroes. "Well," he started, a bit awkwardly, "I expected more of you. Bah, that doesn't matter now! My name is Prince Fluff, ruler of Patch Castle. I assume you all are here because you got a letter in the mail?" he asked for confirmation, looking over at the Waddle Dee. "Ah. Wally. I see you got my letter? Great! Now, follow me, everyone!" Making a hand(?) motion to accompany the request, the prince led the Cultra, Waddle Dee, Wheelie, and Cool Spook through the halls of Patch Castle, over to the dining hall, where all the meetings were held. On the table sat nothing but a simple centerpiece, cleared of all food from that morning's meal. Walking over to the seat at the head of the table, Prince Fluff looked over to the group. "Please, take a seat. Any seat you want!"

Zahra followed the prince silently through his castle, marveling at the paintings and fountains that filled the dazzling rooms and halls. Once they had arrived at the massive diving room, the Cool Spook floated over to a chair that sat one seat away from Fluff, sitting down like she had been told to, and turning back to face the others, waiting for them to follow her lead.

Voia followed Prince Fluff to the dining hall. He said they could sit in whatever seat they wanted. Voia floated over close to the table and picked a seat that was across from the Cool Spook. As she sat down and waited for the others to do the same, she stated to think about the problem at hand: why Patch Land was becoming so dark. Voia was almost positive this was done by someone that did it on purpose. 'Who would do this?' she wondered. Voia knew Yin Yarn would be the perfect answer, but she also knew he was defeated what was considered a long time ago.

Wally sat down opposite to Fluff, he waited for The Prince to begin talking. He looked around at all of the things in the room. There was a painting of Prince Fluff and Kirby's epic battle against Yin Yarn. It depicted Yin Yarn creating Yarn Creatures, which lept at Kirby and Fluff, while they were unraveling them and throwing the balls of yarn back. Wally hoped that whatever he had to do, it wouldn't involve fighting those yarn creatures, especially without the ability to unravel them. He wondered who the other "Heroes" would be, and whether the Brotherhood would help them fight.

Finally, after the others he supposed he was working with sat down at the fine table, Flash went and took his seat next to Vioa. He noticed the Waddle Dee being quite immersed in something, so he looked up at the wall. There seemed to be a large picture of Kirby and that magician guy, whatever his name was. Flash wasn't interested in Patch Land's history, he just lived here.

Flash couldn't help but notice that there were 3 extra chairs set out. Where there supposed to be more people here? He remembered the prince saying that he expected more. If this were a job requiring more than four people, it would be pretty important.

"Where are the others? Wally thought "I hope that they are alright" he turned to the Wheelie "where do you think the others are?" He looked at Prince Fluff, who seemed quite nervous. "After all, he was the one who sent the letters" Wally thought "if something happens to the others, he might blame himself"

Wally decided to try to lighten the mood. "So" he said to Flash "what's up?" But he quickly realised that nobody, especially the prince, was in a mood to talk.

Watching the Cultra sit on the chair across from her, the spot on the Cool Spook's face that would usually be home to a mouth curled up in a half-smile. She was afraid, though, that if she tried speaking to her or any of the others, she would be interrupted for the third time, so she kept quiet, shimmying in her chair as she tried to get comfortable.

Her prediction was correct. If she was to speak, she would've been interrupted, for Prince Fluff began his explanation, not waiting for Flash's response. "I really am sorry for calling you all here without any warning, but the Brotherhood and I only had this idea recently."

So this wasn't a plan from the start? wondered Zahra, head tilted in wonder.

"So, like I said in those letters, you all have to be familiar with the darkness that's been taking over Patch Land, right?"

"Heh."

Brow furrowed, Prince Fluff looked the Cool Spook. "Excuse me?"

When Zahra said nothing, looking down to the edge of the table sheepishly, he continued.

"Well, anyway, since we have no idea what the cause for the darkness is, we need help to find it. That's where all you come in. Think you can take on the challenge? I'll explain more if you all accept."

Instead of speaking, the Cool Spook nodded her head, accepting whatever may come of the journey. She was unsure of the others' responses or reactions, so she sat silently, wondering about what they may say.

Voia listened as Prince Fluff spoke. She smiled at the words 'That's where you come in'. Voia hadn't had much fun in a very long time, and accepting this. . . Accepting this would mean so much adventure! Voia didn't hesitate to answer Prince Fluff. She didn't really mind the darkness, but knew others did. "Yeah," Voia muttered, looking directly at Prince Fluff, "I accept."
She kept on looking at Prince Fluff, waiting for others to accept as well.

Last edited:
After explaining his plan, the prince asked if everyone was ready for it to be executed. Flash needed to think on this for a moment. It would be a risk to his life. However, he couldn't be rude enough to disobey a prince. Even he had standards, ever low as they may be.

"Of course I will. I'm not one to do anything crazy, but I'll do it." He replied, not minding his informal language. Honestly, the only reason he said yes was because everyone else said yes, and it would be quite disappointing. Plus, he was quite eager to figure out more, as everyone else was too.

Wally thought about the request. It was dangerous, sure, but it was different. It was new, exciting, it was an adventure. He also felt that he couldn't just sit back and let Patch Land get enveloped in darkness. Mixed emotions were darting through his body. Fear, Excitement, Curiousness, Nervousness. He had so much that he wanted to say, but in the end only one word exited his mouth. "Yes"

He had said it, he had accepted the request. Wally smiled, who would have thought that a simple Waddle Dee like him would be invited into such an adventure. He would save Patch Land from destruction! "Or I will die trying" he thought
But Wally pushed all pessimistic thought out of his head and focused on the matter at hand

At everyone's acceptance, Prince Fluff chuckled. "What, no enthusiasm? Then again, there's not much to be enthusiastic about at the moment..." Awkwardly, he coughed into his hand, continuing. "Anyway, from what we know at the moment, the threat seems to be coming from somewhere outside of Patch Land. We believe the magic sock has something to do with it." As he said this, he hopped off of his chair, out of the room for a moment. Fluff returned with said sock in hand. "But we could be wrong, so we ask you all to check out the eight lands first, before you head out, alright? I advise you split up into groups of two, just so this will be easier for all of you, but it's up to you. Whenever you're ready, you can get going."

Zahra was expecting a bit more from the prince, but when he said nothing else, she accepted it and floated up from her chair. Hoping that she would not get interrupted again, she tried to speak. "So, uh, should we split up or not? It's your call, I guess," she said to the others, head tilted.

After Flash reluctantly agreed, Wally seemed to do the same in a similar fashion. The prince made a comment on lack of enthusiasm, to which he rolled his eyes. Second, the prince explained his plans to the four about exploring the eight areas of Patch Land. He also mentioned something about some magical sock, and went and got it. Finally, he mentioned that the group should split, to cover more land.

"What to do, what to do..." Flash went over it in his head. Splitting up would cover more ground, but pose more of a risk. However, time was everything. "Yea, we should split up. We don't have much time, or I think."

Voia floated off her chair as soon as Prince Fluff finished talking about the 'mission'. He said he thought the cause of the darkness was outside of Patch Land, but they should check all eight lands before going through the sock. Voia was a bit disappointed. She thought there was going to be more information than that. She began to understand why Prince Fluff wrote letters to them all - The Brotherhood didn't understand why the darkness was there any more than she did.
"I think we should split up," Voia said, "It'll be faster."

"Great Idea" Wally said. He was very excited about the adventure, as he had never been anywhere in Patch World aside from Quilty Square. He also knew what was at stake. "When do we leave?"
He started to decide what he needed to bring on the adventure. "My trusty Parasol, Some Balloons, a Spear, maybe a Bow and arrow" (all things that Waddle Dees carry in-game) he thought. "It may be a bit excessive, but its better to be Overprepared than Underprepared."