• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow this is the quietest my game has been yet.

Ok so Lin is in a time-lock, waiting on Gerald for Megan, Waiting on Nova for Amara, waiting on chroc and/or damien for Erejast, Mina is asleep.

I am trying to let you guys get some actual conversation in before hammering with more encounters or plot. Although Nova has a bit of plot hint to post when he has the chance.

Ye I know, I've been scouring the rest of the forum while waiting for another chance to post. I'm so eager to, but I really don't want to blow others away and rather give them the opportunity to contribute. It's the Dark Tournament after all, and not Salem's time on Jinko Island.

So I'm mostly waiting for BurbleBurble to build a scene in camp, and for June's reactions to everything Salem's been saying and doing around her. Walking away now would steal her of any opportunity to act and react. And I kinda want something for Salem to take notice of, or respond to when he and Aidinia return to camp. I'm afraid if I have them return now it'll be demotivating or feel awkward for you and Burble, resulting in lost opportunities to develop Gerald and Megan, both individually and as a potential couple.

...I suppose Salem and Aidinia can get side tracked and find something interesting to do or study in a nearby bush on their way back... <.>
-

[Shameless self-promoting]
Additionally, I finally added Salem's profile to the Mainstream character thread. There's a link to it in my signature.

And I shared some of my thoughts and experience on naming characters.
[/Shameless self-promoting]

Astralkitsune, if you're bored, perhaps you can give us some fun perspective on things that have been happening surrounding the events on the island.

When Salem got knocked out and abducted from his room I took some liberties and mentioned there's a betting pool going on between the members of Team Rocket on which trainers will make it how long. :p
Perhaps you can write up a little behind the scenes of something like that?

Or maybe some news rapports in the rest of the world about the sudden disappearance of some notable names like certain doctor's, promising trainers, and even a few champions like the Unova and Sinnoh ones?

Wanted you guys to see the teapot I made tonight

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 20
Hmm I will give that one some thought. I gave Nova some behind the scene stuff for his next post so was going to wait for that, but I could do something a little more comic I suppose.

Wanted you guys to see the teapot I made tonight
Oh not bad! How much effort did that take, so that we can maybe put Salem's pottery into perspective?
Are you going to bake that pot with a glass coating btw? It's been a while since I've busied myself with any sculpting but I always enjoyed the coating of things. :)

:) I'll glaze it just not sure with what yet, it's hand built and took about 4 hours. It's not done yet. I still have to pull a handle and add the handle on the lid plus glazing and firing it twice.

What was Megan doing with her shirt though? Why was she taking it off? "Here, let me get that for you." Oh.

Oh.
Oh man Burble, that post was so worth the wait. I actually laughed at loud at this part with Gerald and Megan.
Also, you reminded me I completely forgot to have Salem mentally comment on Megan with her shirt off. But I suppose I'll get a chance to remedy that when he gets back to camp.

I'm also loving June's bits and am happy to see she actually went along and took Salem's arm. I didn't expect that to be honest.

I guess Salem will be striding back into camp with a flaming hot woman on either arm, what a boss! 8)

Also:
and any moment another monster could burst through the brush, simply fueled by a primal lust for meat.
I had Megan and Aidina, both clad in just bra's in my head thanks to your post and this sentence right here made me spill my drink. :D

----

Oh and I liked your little touch with the location comment right underneath the coins. You're right we're gonna need a new name for the Camp.

Heh, Burble you really hit the nail on the head with this one. :D I should really add that to her profile: "Magnet for trouble and horrific events."
Hey, hopefully the vacation goes alright. Team Skull steals a wallet, Lady steals it back, end of conflict. Then hijinks with new Alola Pokemon!...Probably.
I had Megan and Aidina, both clad in just bra's in my head thanks to your post and this sentence right here made me spill my drink. :D
...Lewd. June has a dirty mind if one has a dirty mind.

Hey, hopefully the vacation goes alright. Team Skull steals a wallet, Lady steals it back, end of conflict. Then hijinks with new Alola Pokemon!...Probably.
Haha, I guess it helps to keep a thief around, huh? :D

I don't know if I should work on my post and interrupt this 'tender' moment between Megan and Gerald by having Lady come in and steal the belt right from Gerald's pants (She'd be fascinated by the belt buckle) and then have Cassie a bit choke on her food as a result from laughing too hard at everything that's going on.

Alright, my post is up. I hope it was satisfying enough, but I really had fun writing from Lady's point of view, and I feel like I may have gotten carried away with that. That kitty's got it going on. Tell me what you all think, though.

Alright, my post is up. I hope it was satisfying enough, but I really had fun writing from Lady's point of view, and I feel like I may have gotten carried away with that. That kitty's got it going on. Tell me what you all think, though.

That was quite a satisfying read. And I can't help but feel a little proud at how perfectly that Coin of Lady fits with the way she seems to conduct herself. I think I'll be building onto that scene and perhaps take a page from your book in writing from Ajax's POV

Aight, post abandoned. I just can't seem to write anything at the moment. I have school tomorrow as well so I should probably get some sleep. G'night lads.

Also, it's amazing Penthe. I love how much chaos ensued in one post.
74d.jpg

Alright, the challenge has been set. Now we'll see who will take it up and how they will respond to these latest developments. :D
I, for one, can't wait to see what'll happen next.