• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Chosen

OOC-
This role-play will be based on a island [that has no name, all region pokemon live there] and your character and his/her pokemon team got a letter to visit and battle on the island. The island is large and lively, with enough room for each trainer to live and battle until the champion is named. But your character would only get the letter if she/he made a notice in the battle world.

RP-
Dakota walked off the plane, she was the Johto champion and she was invited to the island to fight against other strong trainers. The red-head female sighed and found her cabin. She unlocked it and set her bags down, looking around. With a shrug she quickly changed into shorts and a tank top, she didn't realize how hot the island was during the day time. She put her belt on that held her pokeballs on. She shoved her key into her bag as she locked her cabin's door behind her.

Dakota's green gaze flickered around the small center that sold food and supplies and such. Not much of a population. She walked to a stand where a native man and his Kricketune. She bought some fruit and walked over to a bench, letting out her Glaceon, sharing the fruit with the ice eeveelution.

Jake got off a plane that brought him to a island. He was ex champion of two regions so he was allowed to come. His umbreon gave him his prosthetic hand because they didn't allow him to wear it for some reason. He petted her, and started to explore. He passed a Pokemon center and healed his Pokemon before going to sit Down nearby, just to meditate.

About five minutes later, he stood up and brushed dirt off of his button up shirt and stretched. He looked at the letter again. It said he had a cabin. After searching for a while, he found it and wrote down how to get to it. He walked outside and sent out his charizard and gardevoir to train.

Dakota was out relaxing under a tree, two more of her pokemon were out with Glaceon. Her Ninetales and Typhlosion. She noticed Jake and stared at him for a moment before re-closing her eyes. Ninetales was curled up beside her trainer while Typhlosion and Glaceon plays.

Jake released a of his Pokemon after training. "Pikachu, greninja, charizard, sceptilr, umbreon, gardevoir." He counted. He noticed Dakota.

She looks familiar.

He thought. His adventures have been so crazy that he couldn't remember. He sat down and yawned.

Dakota yawned and rubbed her face. She felt something nuzzling the rest of her pokeballs. She removed her hands from her face only to see Glaceon staring up at her. Begging for everyone else to be let out. The red-head sighed and took the other pokeballs off her belt.

"Pidgeot, Absol, and Lucario." Dakota muttered as the rest of her team appeared. They all soon settled down with her, falling asleep around her trainer, Ninetales head was on the champion's lap while Typhlosion leaned against the tree trunk and the others just surrounded her. Dakota didn't fall asleep but she closed her eyes and just relaxed.

Jake sat as his Pokemon trained on their own. But he got curios. "Your name is Dakota, right? You look like a girl I met in johtojohto. Then again my memories are messed up."

Dakota turned her head slightly and slowly opened her eyes. Her green gaze burning into Jake as she tried to remember him. "Yes and probably," she muttered. Then it clicked. "Wait....your Jake..." she said, drawing out her words slightly as she unsurely tipped her head at him.

Ninetales lifted her head and looked at Jake, she didn't recognize him so she just laid her head back down and dozed off.

"Wow, so it is you. Irony." He stood up and yawned. "Good seeing you again, I'm gonna go meditate." He walked off.

He found a quiet place nearbyquiet and sat down. Gardevoir joined as the other Pokemon had fun. He remembered her. From johto. That team, I forgot their name."

Dakota shrugged and closed her eyes again. About 10 minutes later she got up and returned most of her pokemon except for Ninetales. Her green eyes flicked back and forth before her and her fire fox walked back to Dakota's cabin.

Jake took a while before finishing meditation. He stood up and returned all but umbreon and pikachu. He put them in his backpack and walked to his cabin. He sat his stuff down and walked back outside to try to remember his old adventures.

Dakota took a short shower in her cabin and slipped some sweats and shirt on. She put her red hair up in a bun as she sat on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Ninetales leaped up on the bed with her trainer and curled up next to her.

Jake looked up at the sky. "Its been years for me. The island, the maze, dad." He laughed. "That team that got me nowhere. The night i got hit by a car. When my arm was burned. " he walked off to the shop.

Dakota was trying to fall asleep but something kept poking her window. Annoyed she looked out her window to see a Chatot. Rolling her green eyes the young female got up and left the cabin. Trying to shoo the pokemon away. Instead she just got pecked several times in the head.

Jake walked out with his backpack full as he passed Dakota like nothing was happening. He walked into a nearby trail, not even caring about the time. He followed the trail for a while before stopping.

"GET OFF OF ME YOU FITHLY ANNOYANCE!" The red-head had snapped and now was swatting and trying to slap the bird-like pokemon off of her. Her green eyes shimmered with anger and annoyance. She also shook her head viciously several times trying to get Chatot off of her.

Pikachu Started at Jake angrily. "What, we should've helped her? She is johto champion, she doesn't need someone like me to help." Pikachu sighed and nodded. Ever since his adventures, he became less childish. Umbreon also remembered when she saw the umbreon. But that was quite a while. Jake started To meditate in the meantime.

"Ember Ninetales!" Dakota ordered the sitting fox like pokemon. Ninetales sighed tiredly and opened her mouth, shooting small embers at the Chatot on her red-haired trainer. It hit the Sinnoh pokemon and scared it away.

Jake sat there meditating for a while but stood up. "Well, back to going down the trail. They said this was the best place to train and fill out the pokedex. Wonder is Dakota would like to come along. Ehh it's getting late. Somebody like me doesn't need sleep, so I'll pass." He continued along the path.

Rye stepped of of the plane and headed for the forests, Following him where an Umbreon, named Shadow, a Espeon named Light, a Dunsparce named Darren, and a Raichu named Volt.

As he walked by he encountered a girl angrily screaming at a Chatot, and a Guy sitting in the forest as well.

Rye sighed quietly.

After dealing with Team Plazma, and becoming the Unova league champion was tiring and he deserved a break.

He dropped his bag near a tree and sat back to the trunk, as his Pokemon lay underneath the shady area.

Jake kept down the Path. His umbreon looked a bit scared. "Hey, it's okay, remember what we have done." Jake told it. She nodded and gained confidence. They fought a few Pokemon as the sun set and he took another break.

Dakota was in front of her cabin. Spacing out while her Ninetales rested her head on her red-haired trainer's lap. Dakota snapped out of it and rubbed her head, where the Chatot was and grumbled.