• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Balance Disrupted (Joinup and Discussion thread)

"A quake, a... tremor if you will, in the balance of the world. There have been sightings that things such as assault and murder seem to have become such commonplace things that it's as if law enforcement is nonexistant. Bear in mind Teams Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare have all been disband ed, their leaders (save for Cyrus) set in jails. But it seems a new, and highly dangerous organisation that does not want to rule, but to destroy, is stirring from the shadows all over the Pokémon world, and if not stopped, could be our end."
"Team Hades."
I hope all of you enjoyed that little forenote to what I hope you will all enjoy and what will hopefully prosper. Keep in mind there are only five slots, and I occupy one so this RP is a little first come first serve. This RP Starts in Pacifidlog town, where we will all start, however, we can be from anywhere and I encourage you all to use any region you so please. There is a form for characters, down below, shown as my OC.

FORM:
Name: Arran Knight
Home region: Fiore
Hometown: Fall City
Looks: (Can use picture or desc.)
images

Personality: Can seem a bit rude and brash before you get to know him but when you do he's a fiercely loyal friend and nice person to travel and get along with. He also is very good at being stealthy and sneaking around, but doesn't have good sense of humor.
Team: of three
Rotom (Plaz)
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: No
Moves: Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

Skarmory (Skay)
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
Moves: Steel Wing, Drill Peck, Spikes, Flash Cannon

Lumineon (Lumi)
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Rain Dance, Surf, Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring
One Spot Left!!!

Last edited:
I like the idea of this, so here's my character.

Name: Claire Marota
Home region: Unova
Home town: Anville Town
Looks: Tall, healthy, and tan. Her eyes are brown, and her hair is blonde. She wears a purple shirt with quarter-length sleeves, blue jeans, and pink sneakers. She has red-rimmed glasses.
Personality: Claire is rather laid back and relaxed. She remains neutral about a lot of things and lives by the phrase, "If it isn't hurting me, it's cool." She doesn't get mad often, but if she does, you better watch out. She can be quite lazy at times, preferring to watch YouTube rather than clean her house.
Team of three:

Empress, her Kingdra
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse, Surf, Ice Beam

Snap, her Mawile
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Iron Head

Missy, her Togetic
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Fly, Metronome, Magical Leaf, Ancient Power

Hope this is good!

I like the idea of this, so here's my character.

Name: Claire Marota
Home region: Unova
Home town: Anville Town
Looks: Tall, healthy, and tan. Her eyes are brown, and her hair is blonde. She wears a purple shirt with quarter-length sleeves, blue jeans, and pink sneakers. She has red-rimmed glasses.
Personality: Claire is rather laid back and relaxed. She remains neutral about a lot of things and lives by the phrase, "If it isn't hurting me, it's cool." She doesn't get mad often, but if she does, you better watch out. She can be quite lazy at times, preferring to watch YouTube rather than clean her house.
Team of three:

Empress, her Kingdra
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse, Surf, Ice Beam

Snap, her Mawile
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Iron Head

Missy, her Togetic
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Fly, Metronome, Magical Leaf, Ancient Power

Hope this is good!
Looks great! Thanks for joining... I honestly didn't think anyone would join this for a while...

Is this still open to join?
If it is, here's my character's bio; I'll include a link to her bio in my signature once I figure out how those work. :)
311772_trainercard-Moanna.png

-Name: Moanna

-Appearance: Hazel eyes, medium length blonde hair. Of taller than average height with a swimmer’s build.

-Bages: Rising (Blackthorne), and Feather Badge (Fortree)

-Personality: Soft spoken, though kind to all living things. Likes to meet new people, though because she’s quiet she can be mistaken as shy, and this is idea is reinforced in that she does not like the spotlight and doesn't go out of her way to lead others. Observant to the things around her. Very passionate, but can have difficulty expressing herself. Not aggressive or confrontational towards others except when she is protecting her pokemon or her own freedom. Joanna likes to go where the tides of life take her.

-Clothing: Black tights with leather boots, a colorful skirt with matching fingerless gloves, and an oversized hoodie or sweater that’s usually charcoal grey or black. Sometimes wears a beanie hat.

-Skills: Is a great caretaker of any type of pokemon; instinctually knows unsaid things about them, such as sickness or hunger or if they’re upset. She herself has psychic ability in that she gives off a powerful aura of her feelings that can be used to calm, or even upset, others if they are open to receiving. She is slightly aware of this ability, but by no means can she read other people’s auras or influence them to change unwillingly. This power makes it easy for her to befriend and care for wild pokemon, for which she has a passion for.

-Family: Her father, Simon, who cares for her greatly, and has been very protective of her since her mother, Mary-Ann, died in childbirth.

Her pokemon:

-Name: Gale

-Species: Aurorus

-Nature: Bold, likes to thrash around

-Name: Sinbad

-Species: Dragonair

-Nature: Quiet, often lost in thought

-Name: Sweeney

-Species: Gardevoir

-Nature: Sassy, somewhat vain

-Name:

-Species: Feebas (shiny)

-Nature: Timid, loves to eat

Extended Team History:

Moanna grew up outside of the Ice Path, on the outskirts of Blackthorne City. Her home was an inn, run previously by her mother Mary-Anne, but taken over by her father, Simon, after her mother’s untimely death. Being exposed to many trainers on their own travels, Moanna grew up desiring adventure. When she was old enough to wander off on her own, she began to slowly explore the ice caverns since she was, at the time, forbidden from going near the dragon cave. She made friends with the wild pokemon of the caverns and with their aid was able to explore deeper into the caverns that only experienced trainers could safely explore. During one of her explorations when she was seven, deep in the ice and snow of the caves, she found a sail fossil. When she brought back the fossil to show her father, he realized how deeply into the caves she would go and forbid her from entering the caves again. Moanna was very upset by this, but she would still go to the caves entrance and the cave’s pokemon would venture out on occasion to play with her in the snowy hills. It was during one of the hillside play sessions that Moanna caught a glimpse of Articuno; she was eight at the time.

Seeing Moanna’s love of pokemon, and also with the desire to keep her safe, Simon saved his money and had the sail fossil restored, presenting the amaura to Moanna on her tenth birthday. With her new pokemon, named Gale, Moanna pleaded with Simon to let her go on her own adventure, but he declined her wish, thinking that she was not experienced enough to be on her own and be safe. She was still forbidden from the dragon cave at this point, but Simon allowed her to venture into the ice caves once more now that she had her own pokemon by her side.

Over the years, with the help of the wild pokemon of the caves, Moanna and Gale trained hard together in order to go on their own adventure, fueled by the stories of the inn’s flow of trainers, and when Gale evolved into aurorus, Moanna was fourteen at the time, Moanna had the idea to challenge Blackthorne’s gym so she could prove how far the both of them had come. They both failed on their first attempt, but on their second try they earned the Rising Badge, and the gym leader Clair allowed her passage into the dragon cave. Moanna, after healing Gale, set out to the cave the same day and caught her first pokemon; a dratini she named Sinbad. With her badge and new pokemon, Moanna once again asked Simon if she could get her license to go on her adventure. Rather than giving her permission, her father determined she was getting to many ideas from the other trainers and closed the inn. Shortly after Moanna turned fifteen, he moved them to a new region, Hoenn, and they found their new home in a quiet treehouse in Fortree City.

Angered by the denial of her dream, Moanna ran away from home within the first few weeks of moving to Fortree. She wandered the grassy hills and wandered south, completely lost in the new region. With Gale and Sinbad by her side, however, and with her uncanny ability to befriend wild pokemon, no harm ever befell Moanna, and while travelling together Sinbad evolved into a dragonair.

Eventually, Moanna found herself outside Littleroot Town. While camping outside under the trees, a Ralts had wandered into their camp and sat by their campfire. After the wild Ralts had stayed with them for many days and seemed to have no intention of leaving, Moanna decided to capture it and thusly named him Sweeney. Moanna turned sixteen not too long after, and while training in the forests outside Littleroot she met Professor Birch. He was very impressed with her ability to mingle with wild pokemon and got to know her over time. Moanna confided in him her desire to travel and to help wild pokemon. Without her knowledge, Birch contacted Simon and arranged a meeting between the two of them. Having their first words after Moanna had run away, the meeting between her and Simon did not go very well until Birch had expressed both sides’ feelings to the other. Simon understood that he could not hold on to his daughter forever, and agreed that if she returned with him and earned the badge from Fortree, he would help her get her papers to go on her own journey. Understanding how much she hurt her father by running away, Moanna agreed to the terms and returned to Fortree to train for another few years to earn the badge. Sweeney evolved into a kirlia during this time, and again into gardevoir.

Shortly before turning nineteen, Moanna successfully challenged the Fortree Gym and earned the Feather badge. On the day of her birthday, Simon presented Moanna with the papers necessary to venture on her own journey, along with another pokemon. The shiny feebas, named Lilo, he explained was his way of saying sorry for holding her back for so long and also that he believed that she would do great things. Moanna thanked him, telling him that the time had given her insight into her true dream. Though she wanted and loved travelling, she found out about her aura ability through training with Sweeney, and wanted to use this gift to help wild pokemon around the world and eventually, she hoped, she would be able to help Articuno, or another legendary pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is, here's my character's bio; I'll include a link to her bio in my signature once I figure out how those work. :)

-Name: Moanna

-Appearance: Hazel eyes, medium length blonde hair. Of taller than average height with a swimmer’s build.

-Bages: Rising (Blackthorne), and Feather Badge (Fortree)

-Personality: Soft spoken, though kind to all living things. Likes to meet new people, though because she’s quiet she can be mistaken as shy, and this is idea is reinforced in that she does not like the spotlight and doesn't go out of her way to lead others. Observant to the things around her. Very passionate, but can have difficulty expressing herself. Not aggressive or confrontational towards others except when she is protecting her pokemon or her own freedom. Joanna likes to go where the tides of life take her.

-Clothing: Black tights with leather boots, a colorful skirt with matching fingerless gloves, and an oversized hoodie or sweater that’s usually charcoal grey or black. Sometimes wears a beanie hat.

-Skills: Is a great caretaker of any type of pokemon; instinctually knows unsaid things about them, such as sickness or hunger or if they’re upset. She herself has psychic ability in that she gives off a powerful aura of her feelings that can be used to calm, or even upset, others if they are open to receiving. She is slightly aware of this ability, but by no means can she read other people’s auras or influence them to change unwillingly. This power makes it easy for her to befriend and care for wild pokemon, for which she has a passion for.

-Family: Her father, Simon, who cares for her greatly, and has been very protective of her since her mother, Mary-Ann, died in childbirth.

Her pokemon:

-Name: Gale

-Species: Aurorus

-Nature: Bold, likes to thrash around

-Name: Sinbad

-Species: Dragonair

-Nature: Quiet, often lost in thought

-Name: Sweeney

-Species: Gardevoir

-Nature: Sassy, somewhat vain

-Name:

-Species: Feebas (shiny)

-Nature: Timid, loves to eat

Extended Team History:

Moanna grew up outside of the Ice Path, on the outskirts of Blackthorne City. Her home was an inn, run previously by her mother Mary-Anne, but taken over by her father, Simon, after her mother’s untimely death. Being exposed to many trainers on their own travels, Moanna grew up desiring adventure. When she was old enough to wander off on her own, she began to slowly explore the ice caverns since she was, at the time, forbidden from going near the dragon cave. She made friends with the wild pokemon of the caverns and with their aid was able to explore deeper into the caverns that only experienced trainers could safely explore. During one of her explorations when she was seven, deep in the ice and snow of the caves, she found a sail fossil. When she brought back the fossil to show her father, he realized how deeply into the caves she would go and forbid her from entering the caves again. Moanna was very upset by this, but she would still go to the caves entrance and the cave’s pokemon would venture out on occasion to play with her in the snowy hills. It was during one of the hillside play sessions that Moanna caught a glimpse of Articuno; she was eight at the time.

Seeing Moanna’s love of pokemon, and also with the desire to keep her safe, Simon saved his money and had the sail fossil restored, presenting the amaura to Moanna on her tenth birthday. With her new pokemon, named Gale, Moanna pleaded with Simon to let her go on her own adventure, but he declined her wish, thinking that she was not experienced enough to be on her own and be safe. She was still forbidden from the dragon cave at this point, but Simon allowed her to venture into the ice caves once more now that she had her own pokemon by her side.

Over the years, with the help of the wild pokemon of the caves, Moanna and Gale trained hard together in order to go on their own adventure, fueled by the stories of the inn’s flow of trainers, and when Gale evolved into aurorus, Moanna was fourteen at the time, Moanna had the idea to challenge Blackthorne’s gym so she could prove how far the both of them had come. They both failed on their first attempt, but on their second try they earned the Rising Badge, and the gym leader Clair allowed her passage into the dragon cave. Moanna, after healing Gale, set out to the cave the same day and caught her first pokemon; a dratini she named Sinbad. With her badge and new pokemon, Moanna once again asked Simon if she could get her license to go on her adventure. Rather than giving her permission, her father determined she was getting to many ideas from the other trainers and closed the inn. Shortly after Moanna turned fifteen, he moved them to a new region, Hoenn, and they found their new home in a quiet treehouse in Fortree City.

Angered by the denial of her dream, Moanna ran away from home within the first few weeks of moving to Fortree. She wandered the grassy hills and wandered south, completely lost in the new region. With Gale and Sinbad by her side, however, and with her uncanny ability to befriend wild pokemon, no harm ever befell Moanna, and while travelling together Sinbad evolved into a dragonair.

Eventually, Moanna found herself outside Littleroot Town. While camping outside under the trees, a Ralts had wandered into their camp and sat by their campfire. After the wild Ralts had stayed with them for many days and seemed to have no intention of leaving, Moanna decided to capture it and thusly named him Sweeney. Moanna turned sixteen not too long after, and while training in the forests outside Littleroot she met Professor Birch. He was very impressed with her ability to mingle with wild pokemon and got to know her over time. Moanna confided in him her desire to travel and to help wild pokemon. Without her knowledge, Birch contacted Simon and arranged a meeting between the two of them. Having their first words after Moanna had run away, the meeting between her and Simon did not go very well until Birch had expressed both sides’ feelings to the other. Simon understood that he could not hold on to his daughter forever, and agreed that if she returned with him and earned the badge from Fortree, he would help her get her papers to go on her own journey. Understanding how much she hurt her father by running away, Moanna agreed to the terms and returned to Fortree to train for another few years to earn the badge. Sweeney evolved into a kirlia during this time, and again into gardevoir.

Shortly before turning nineteen, Moanna successfully challenged the Fortree Gym and earned the Feather badge. On the day of her birthday, Simon presented Moanna with the papers necessary to venture on her own journey, along with another pokemon. The shiny feebas, named Lilo, he explained was his way of saying sorry for holding her back for so long and also that he believed that she would do great things. Moanna thanked him, telling him that the time had given her insight into her true dream. Though she wanted and loved travelling, she found out about her aura ability through training with Sweeney, and wanted to use this gift to help wild pokemon around the world and eventually, she hoped, she would be able to help Articuno, or another legendary pokemon.
Looks alright, but just add a last name and moves to her Pokémon, and also, badges are unecessary, but she can have them just as keepsakes. Also, natures are uneccessary, unless you mean them in way of personality, not statistics, because no-one knows about that outside of the games. Also, thanks for the extra information :)

It's more so for personality purposes, but I can add the most recent moveset to the bio. I'll make the updates for you before the story starts. :)

The changes are up. Since there is a three or less limit, for the sake of this RP, Sinbad the dragonair will not take part. He will be given a reason for why he is gone during the course of the rp, but Moanna's remaining three mons should be fine.

I found that was an easy way to keep things updated at first. Glad it helps you too! And those updates you asked for are up and can be seen in the link in my signature.

How are you thinking of doing the posts once there are enough people? Update when possible or are people taking turns? Just curious.

Yeah. Lovin' the new profile pic by the way. I drew mine but it took like three months and now I'm on a tablet and have no way to upload more picture because my computer broke *punches computer*

Thank you! :3 If you have a tablet and smartphone, you can possibly use your phone to take a picture, then send the picture to yourself so you can download it on the tablet. Using Dropbox is good for this.

Name: Omega Carvine
Home region: Johto
Hometown: Blackthorne City
Looks: Profile pic except a yellow hoodie instead of jacket, a pair of black jeans and black sneakers, a black backpack and a black and orange SnapBack hat.
Personality: Loyal, untrusting of certain individuals, can be outgoing or quiet depending on the situation, ridiculously clever for his age and very observative.
Team of three:
Typhlosion (Scorch)
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Eruption, Solar Beam, Aerial Ace, Gyro Ball

Swampert (Swampy)
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Hammer Arm, Avalanche, Sludge Wave

Electivire (Blitz)
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves: Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Earthquake

Last edited:
Name: Omega Carvine
Home region: Johto (currently in Bienheureuse region)
Hometown: Blackthorne City (currently in Blue Bay Town
Looks: Profile pic except a yellow hoodie instead of jacket, a pair of black jeans and black sneakers, a black backpack and a black and orange SnapBack hat.
Personality: Loyal, untrusting of certain individuals, can be outgoing or quiet depending on the situation, ridiculously clever for his age and very observative.
Team of three:
Typhlosion (Scorch)
Moves: Eruption, Solar Beam, Aerial Ace, Gyro Ball

Swampert (Swampy)
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Surf, Hammer Arm, Avalanche, Sludge Wave

Electivire (Blitz)
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves: Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Earthquake

Swampert can't have the Sturdy ability. Just letting you know! :)

((I think I can join, if I can't please tell me))

Name: Alec Aatrix
Hometown: Snowpoint City
Home Region: Sinnoh Region
Looks: He has short black hair and deep brown eyes. He is around 5'2 and muscular. He wears a white shirt, red hoodie, and white jeans, and red shoes
Personality: Very enthusiastic and eccentric. But he is not annoying. He is a born joker and has an amazing sense of humor. And he is extremely athletic, he likes to climb and swim, as he did it all the time in his old region.

Team:

Pokemon: Infernape
Name: Flare
Moveset: Close Combat, Bulk Up, Fire Blast, Flame Charge

Pokemon: Milotic
Ability: Marvel Scale
Name: Prismarine
Move set: Aqua Ring, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse

Pokemon: Leavanny
Ability: Swarm
Name: Thicket