• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Aether Foundation and Team Skull's Gladion

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

A new and mysterious group makes their debut in Pokémon Sun and Moon: the Aether Foundation. A new member of Team Skull has also made his appearance: Gladion.

Gladion_RGB_72dpi.png
Gladion is an enforcer for Team Skull, and prizes absolute strength in Pokémon battles above anything else. His partner Pokémon is the mysterious Type: Null.

Employee_MaleFemaleSet_RGB_72dpi.png
The Aether Foundation is an organization that works in the Alola region and conducts various research projects. Residing on Aether Paradise, the artificial island that they created, their goal is to care for and provide shelter to Pokémon that have been hurt. The employees' uniforms seem to depend on what division they're in. Interestingly, they seem to be conducting research on the Ultra Beasts..
Lusamine_RGB_72dpi.png
Lusamine acts as the Aether Foundation's president. Not much is known about her...
Faba_RGB_72dpi.png
Faba is the Aether Foundation's branch chief and second-in-command, and wears massive green sunglasses. He seems very proud of his position.
Wicke_RGB_72dpi_RGB_72dpi.png
Wicke is the assistant branch chief of Aether Paradise. She has a very caring personality and supports Faba, and is loved by all of the Aether Foundation’s employees.

View attachment 365666

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that things aren't going to go well for the Aether Foundation. Sorry but a group that creates a futuristic paradise that has good intentions but is also investigating a mysterious force of nature on the sidelines... Fiction has taught me to be very wary of these kind of things. Either way, suddenly I'm very intrigued to the plot of these games.

The aether foundation looks like a great addition to the games so far, but I don't trust them at the moment. They may have good intentions, but based on similar organizations I've seen in the past I can only assume that either their experiments will horribly backfire or several of them are actually using their experiments for purposes that are even worse than Team Skull

The aether foundation looks like a great addition to the games so far, but I don't trust them at the moment. They may have good intentions, but based on similar organizations I see in the past I can only assume that either their experiments will horribly backfire or several of them are actually using their experiments for purposes that are even worse than Team Skull
You're not wrong. There's gotta be something about these guys that makes them a lot worse than they look.

Huh. It's interesting that it'd be called the aether foundation. A very queer name for what they're based off of, if I do say so myself.

What I'm most curious about is how the game will portray these people. Through dialogue, interactions, and general info through them and other characters, it'll be interesting to see whether or not they are portrayed as good, bad, or left up to the player's own decision. The choice that the creators made for this will likely say a lot about the theme of the game.

But until then, I'll just be thinking about how close Wicki looks to Lenora...

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Just going to get this out of the way now. Faba looks shady as hell. He may very well be a decent fellow who is nothing but but helpful and kind, and if he is I'll apologize to him. But for now I feel like he's up to something. The Aether Foundation in general seems benevolent but I fell like that there are much darker deeds at work beneath the surface. Again, if I'm wrong I'll apologize to them for the misconception.

Then there's Gladion who looks like he'd be more at home in a Square Enix title than a Pokemon game. Especially when he does those crazy poses.

I'm not too sure which side the Aether foundation is on in my opinion. They could be the people that put up a front of being good while just the opposite or they could really be good people but mess with something they weren't supposed to. I'm not sure, but they're still interesting to me.

My thoughts on Gladion are a bit more simple. He seems like he has chuunibyou to me. He does a Jojo pose and acts like he's trying to do some Naruto move or has some "cursed" arm that he's trying to control. He's just introduced so I don't know much about him, but those were my first thoughts.

At First, I thought Gladion was going to be a new rival, like a secondary rival. I was so excited, until I watched the English trailer and realized it wasn't true, Gladion I'd expect to be a mean rival, which I want again.

Also I wonder if aether going to be evil, but in their eyes they're good.

Capricorn29 lilies the trainer that showed in a trailer before has the same eyes color and hair.

Sorry I can't spell the girl name that appear in the trailers and having the same characteristics as the the new ones were added.

If Aether turns out to be the true villains, I'm gonna yell with a megaphone, "CALLED IT!"

latest

Gladiola's true identity :p (that's Marduk from Bakugan...good times when I was 6).