• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Talons of Justice (A Guardians of Ga'hoole role play)

The young owl was flapping his wings with exitement. Faro was at the Ga'hoole tree. More than that, he had even been asked to become a Guardian! Granted, many others had too. But still! Faro was just about to nibble down on some delicious berries, when he saw a young owl his age who appeared to be lost. "Hello there! Would you need some help?"

The little owl, hearing Faro's voice, turned in his direction. "Oh, hi." She chirped shyly, then nodded. "Yes, please."

She hesitated, shuffling her talons, before replying. "Oh, well, to be honest, I was just exploring. I guess we're both new then, huh?"

"Nice! Are you training to be a Guardian? Where did you come from? What's your name? Are you..." Suddenly, Faro was taken aback by his flood of questions. "I'm sorry about that. I just tend to ask questions to people like me. Faro, of the forest of Tyto. It's nice to meet you."

She smiled at him. "It's alright, I get it. I came here to train as a Guardian, yes, and I am from the forest of Tyto, too. I live very deep inside the forest. Oh, and my name is Luna. I was named after the moon because when I was little my parents said I always liked looking at the moon when it was out."

"That's a good name. You know, I was named Faro after the owl sage of Tyto. You know Faro the Revered, right? It's well known around our branches of the forest." he said, leading Luna to some berries, and plopping one in his mouth.

"Yes, I remember hearing all about him. The name seems to suit you." Copying him, she grabbed a few berries and ate them.

"Yeah, except for the fact that I only have a fraction of his patience." the Barn Owl said with a chuckle. "With that exeption, the reason the name was chosen was because, according to my brother, I was a 'rascal' unless I was helping Ma, taking lessons from Da, or reading my storybook on Faro the revered."
(Can you state what type of owl Luna is in your next statement?)

(I imagined her as a barn owl, like Faro, but if you'd rather her be a different type I have a backup.)
The barn owl laughed at that. He didn't seem like much a rascal, at least right now. "I didn't make any friends in the forest because I'm so shy. I only had my parents and the animals that crawled around the trees. I always loved reading, though. I had a collection of books at home."

(If she's a barn owl too, I'm fine with that.)
"Another similarity, huh? I like reading too. Knock on bark! You know, the Ga'hoole tree has the biggest library in this kingdom! It's honestly the only place I haven't explored. Maybe you and me can go check it out after the greeting feast."

"Absolutely! Now, if you don't mind I'm heading to my room to rest up for classes. See you later!" And with that, Faro flew off to rest, ready to meet with Luna later.

(OOC: Hooray, another owl for us to RP with!)
Luna quickly made her way to her nest, avoiding as many other owls as she could. She was too shy to say anything to them, so she wanted to just get to her nest so she could rest.

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
Cynx roosted on a nearby branch as she looked at the other owls doing their job. The Snowy Owl had made a long way to find the Ga'Hoole tree, and she finally made it. Unfortunately, she didn't know what was happening on the tree.

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
"Oh?" The owl was lost in her thoughts. "Oh, sorry. I'm Cynx." She said to Faro. "What exactly is happening here? I'm lost, just got here, these things." She wasn't sure if it was the right place, and really tired. All she wanted now was a place to sleep.

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
"Yes, it is Cynx." She opened a smile as she heard the word 'hollow'. "I'm dead tired. Where's the hollow? I haven't sleep since I started flying from the Northern Kingdoms." [Great Glaux, I think I'll fit in here.] She thought.
The Snowy Owl looked at Faro happy. After all, since when she was a small owl, she wished to visit the Ga'hoole Tree, which her parents told about.

Last edited:
Luna arrives at her hollow and settles into her nest to sleep, but can't seem to fall asleep. Why haven't I been able to sleep lately? Oh, I wonder who my hollow mates are? As long as they're nice, I suppose I won't mind being in here with them.

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
"From the Northern Kingdoms, as I said. More specifically, the Ice Talons." She followed shortly after Faro, her wings were surprisingly strong, even though they were tired from flying.

OOC: I don't know if I wrote right, I've read the books in Portuguese, and it translated to what I wrote.

Last edited:
(OOC: Perfect, except it's the Northern Kingdoms.)
"Interesting. I've heard great things about that place." The two owls arrived at the hollow... and found Luna inside. "Luna? I thought you were going to your hollow?"

Luna raised her head and looked at them. "O-Oh, hi, Faro. Um, yes, the others told me this was where my hollow was. Maybe I got mixed up... It's just so different here." She hid her face behind her wing, shy and embarrassed.

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
"Funny." Cynx said to both. Her bright yellow eyes glew, and she turned to Luna. "Hello. By what I understand, your name is Luna. I'm Cynx." She walked right to one of the nests and literally fell asleep, even though it wasn't morning yet.

When Faro woke up, he saw the last rays of sunlight. The others were still sleeping, so he decided to go eat. The fresh mouse was delicious. Soon, he heard the other two coming. "Cynx! Luna! I got us a table!"

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
The Snowy Owl woke up and flied to Faro and Luna. "I'm here!" She said as she landed next to the two and also grabbed a fresh mouse. "Indeed delicious."

Luna hadn't slept too well, but had a decent amount of energy the next day. She was up early and enjoyed a nice breakfast with her new friends and hollow mates. "Mmm, tasty."

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
Cynx turned her head as she heard a sound far away. "Did you guys hear that?" She said to the others, opening her wings and soaring in the direction of the sound.

Luna followed Faro, still not familiar with where everything was. This is so exciting! Our first class, and with my new friends, too.

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
Cynx followed the others, still a bit lost, but with Faro and Luna, all seemed to be easier there. "Um, where the classes are?" She asked, turning her head to see other owls flying to the class.