• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sweet Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
At least once a day, usually at night, we all fall into extended periods of unconsciousness. This is better known as sleeping. When we sleep our minds come up with these strange scenarios that we like to refer to as dreams. Some dreams are plausible and reflect events that could easily happen in your daily life, some are kind of silly and farfetched (not the Pokemon), and others are completely off the wall and made of pure insanity. Then you have dreams that are a bit unnerving to downright terrifying also known as nightmares.

If you have any dreams or nightmares you wish to share with the community, this is the place to post them. You can describe them in as much or as little detail as you choose. And don't feel bad if you don't remember all the details. Not everyone has lucid dreams. Hell some people don't even remember their dreams half the time.

The latest thing to come from the chaotic void of insanity that is my subconscious was an extremely odd dream I had the other night. I had a baby with me. I don't know if he was my offspring, my nephew, or just some random kid I was babysitting, but regardless the child was in my care. It started off somewhat normal with me doing the typical paternal routine with the baby until I decided I wanted to take him to the zoo.

We were going to the chimpanzee exhibit but standing in the doorway was a giant ape, about 2.5m tall at the shoulder, with silver fur and features that resembled a cross between ape and werewolf. At first I don't even think it's real because of how unnatural it looked. That is until it walks towards me, then growls at me as it walks past me. Rather than do the smart thing and leave right then and there, I continue to the chimp exhibit because it is in the opposite direction of that monster. Such a creature actually got a primal fear response out of me so I wanted to go where it wasn't. This is where things get really bad.

All the chimps have escaped and are going wild. The are in fight or flight mode and they are choosing to fight! Among the chimps are more of the silver were-ape monsters. If I were alone, I would have probably taken my chances of running away and then fighting off anything that chased me. But seeing as how I had a baby with me, I didn't want to risk his safety by drawing unwanted attention to us. Chimps are known for eating their own infants so I wasn't taking chances with a human baby. I held the baby close and curled up in the fetal position in the corner where we would hopefully go unnoticed by the rampaging primates.

We didn't. One of the monsters grabbed me by the ankles and started trying to drag me away. I tried fighting it off by kicking it so I wouldn't let go of the baby but woke up before anything came of it.

Had a dream last night about Mafia, I dreamt we all live in this quaint gothic and Victorianesque town. I dreamt that Shiny was the underboss and she changed me to Mafia where I ended up killing El in the night.

Weird. I had a dream about Mafia last night, where I was wandering through the streets of a massive city, having just left a meeting with you guys. I suddenly saw a ghost that looked like Batman, who pointed at a small, unlit cottage. To my surprise, the door was unlocked. I crept inside, and heard two voices, one male, the other female. I can't quite recall what they were talking about, but suddenly, a figure dressed all in black, with undistinguishable features, pulled out a pistol, pointed it at me, and pulled the trigger. Then I woke up, and fell out of bed.

The other night I had a dream that I ended up stealing a trophy from some guy's house but on the way out I got caught by his daughter, so I pretended like I was just coming in and asked her to show me this grotto in her neighborhood. So she agreed and when we came back her dad apparently got the wrong impression and thought I had taken advantage of her in the grotto. Then I got mad and shouted at him and I tried to throw the trophy at his car but I missed and it just shattered on the ground but there was this moment of realization when he saw that it was his trophy that I had just thrown and I felt like a badass. And then I woke up. (I omitted a lot of details from this dream but this was the gist of it)

I haven't actually remembered ANY dreams for about the last 5 years or so. Its very surreal as I used to be able to lucid dream.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
LoN said:
I haven't actually remembered ANY dreams for about the last 5 years or so. Its very surreal as I used to be able to lucid dream.

You will remember your dreams tonight. By my Magpie magic, it shall be so :8B:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I used to write down my dreams on a regular basis but I can rarely find the energy to do so anymore. x.o

This past night's dream however was kinda amusing however. A friend of mine was having a rough time in their life and needed a bit a reassurance that life's worth living. She'd often talked about wanting to see the world, so I did one better: I "acquired" a spaceship. :)

As the dream went on, aliens started attacking our ship - particularly targeting me because I was apparently a threat to their plans - but we managed to beat them off. At one point my friend asked why I was going to so much trouble to protect her and the spaceship. I told her that even though battling an alien invasion is difficult, somethings are worth fighting for! All I cared about was seeing her smile, and if this spaceship gave her hope then I'd never stop defending it. It was as simple as that.

Deep, eh? |D

I had a strange dream last night I had a dream I was having dinner with Betty White and we had roast Feraligatr it had an apple in its mouth and everything.

Dreamception. Anyway I had a dream where I was trapped inside a building in the Mojave trying to barricade myself away from giant radscorpions. Then some guy who looked a bit like a raider came and saved me and taught me how to effectively use weapons.

I have very bizarre dreams, not that I remember them all that often. Anyways last night I had a dream that I was a guy and I was giving this girl advice for her love life. It was just odd.

You had a genderswap dream too.

Basically I was this unattractive woman in her 50's and I had a pet house elf like Dobby from Harry Potter. Basically I was trapped in this castle wall Lord of the Rings-esque labyrinth with the Doctor and some of his companions and basically we ended up running away from a downed dragon and a falmer while I was fighting them with an umbrella.

I dreamed that I found a flute. It was the color white, and when I blew it, wild Pokemon started to chase me. Then I fell through a hole, into a group of Muks. Not fun -_-

Psycho Monkey

Being the otaku that I am, Anime frequently makes an appearance in my dreams one way or another. Last night I dreamed that Haruhi Suzumiya got so angry with Kyon that she beat the crap out of him and kicked him out of the SOS Brigade. I'm not sure what he did to deserve such treatment, but Haruhi was absolutely livid. She even reprimanded the other members for "offering the traitor food".

Kyon's response to all of this? Cuss out Haruhi with the most epic reason you suck speech ever, ask out Mikuru right in front of her, and then flat out tell her that if she thinks he's going to apologize for whatever it was he did wrong she had better use her reality warping powers to make him. Haruhi was of course floored, Itsuki was trying his best (and failing) to mediate the situation, Mikuru didn't know what to do, and Yuki was just sitting there reading a book.

And now I have the sudden urge to go to the library and see if the have any new volumes of the Haruhi manga. <.>

I don't really dream anymore, maybe once in a while, but most of the time I have nightmares. Most of them often are macabre or very dreary, some are ambient and surreal and others can be down right disturbing. I really don't tell people most of my dreams because they're literally either Gothic or Kafkaesque or even just weird in nature or just so complex that you can just literally spend hours just picking out connections and theories out of the wazoo.

I often parade myself as a badass around chat but honestly, it's not like I'm trying to solidify my attempts to be one but it's just something I've been dealing with. It's not healthy but you really can't control your subconscious when you dream. I actually envy people who can get a decent amount of sleep because some nights I just don't want to sleep most of the time because my mind is either racing or I just don't want to see myself dying of scaphism. Lately I have been sleeping better with my anti-depressants so I actually gotten nights where I just dreamed or slept fine.

Psycho Monkey

I dreamed I had a girlfriend last night. Unfortunately she was a manipulative and cunning yandere. I blame watching six episodes of Mirai Nikki before bed. :|

Last Night I had a dream where me(as my superhero alter-ego), Foxy and Bonnie(the one that's not faceless) from FNAF were all trying to find and take down the purple man, and later my friends show up to help us. After that we find out the Puppet was working for the Purple Guy and we had an epic fight scene. We won the battle and I woke up to an alarm when the sign "It's Me" flashed in my mind.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I think the only reason Bonnie and Foxy were with us rather than at the pizzeria is because they were too scary for young children. That's what I recall them telling me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.