• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Submit Sprites to TCM from Corner?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I know there's a sprite submission forum and stuff, but occasionally I find it tedious to post my sprites in both places. Plus, I get the feeling that some people might not know the thread exists if they're mainly a corner-goer and not a forum person? ^^;

I dunno, maybe like a tag like #tcmsubmission or something would work

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to have to say no. The thread is there for a few reasons, among which are:

1. Providing the rules and specifications for what can or cannot be submitted.
2. Making life a lot easier for us when we pick and choose which sprites to use whenever an update is issued.
3. We can /clear out/ the threads after a content update. We wouldn't be able to do that with works.

I'd say that TCM submissions should remain centralized in their threads, slightly tedious or not.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
There's still the issue of people not knowing where to submit sprites to the TCM, though; nowhere on the site outside of the forums, not even the TCM itself, does it point out where you can put submissions and stuff.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'd say that looking at the forums even for a second would make it agonizingly clear. But you're right, common sense is rarely common and the average n00b may be too lazy to look around. <<

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
It's not usually in my first instinct to check the forums of anything, ESPECIALLY back when I first started using the internet and had no clue what a "forum" even was or how they even worked. Such thing is not really "common sense" imo, but they might come to you as such since you and I have practically lived on the internet for years now.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Theoretically, we could put in a submission system into the TCM that allowed you to choose a work from the Corner to submit - that way staff can approve/reject the sprites properly, and keep users informed of their submissions. This would also mean we can prominently display how to submit spriteson the TCM, too :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I also personally think a link on the TCM to the sprite submission forums would be helpful; I had a conversation with someone else and we both agreed that the TCM probably has more traffic than the forums do, and might help in that regard. Just throwing that out there too ^^;

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I was thinking that, yes. :) Just posting on my phone, so I couldn't ramble too much xp It's definitely a good idea to put a few helpful navigation links on the TCM.