• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Star Wars general rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC ok this is a completely open ended rp you can be anyone you want in this universe, trader, Jedi, Sith or bounty hunter you choose who you want to be

BIC "Sir we have visual on the target vessel, increasing speed by three clicks to intercept" said the young hot headed tatoowin born bridge boy of 'the devourer' the newest and most advanced bounty hunting ship in the galaxy. -The shell of a small republic cruiser modified for bounty hunting and for hyperspace carrying of smaller hunting ships it acted almost as a mobile hub for hunter where ever it went-
"Alert the boarding teams and prepare for immediate capture of target" replied jun sie boon the ships captain and infamous bounty hunter
"Yes sir!" Answered the remaining crew on the bridge as they began to prep the ship to board that of the target

---30 minutes later---

"Target is in custody and all supplies have been transferred to the ship sir" said a tall man wearing battle armour
"Good work jocane, your technique has improved dramatically that extra training must be helping" said jun sie as he entered the target ships bridge
"Yes sir, thank you sir, but now what should we do with the ship?" Asked jocane as he holstered both his blasters to his hip
"It's fast and agile I say we use it, after some modifications of course, your in charge of taking it back to base on tatoowin and then she's all yours" answered the bounty hunter with a smile
"Yes Sir! Thank you sir" Jocane said excitedly as he and two other crew took their seats on the bridge "Navigator set coarse for tatoowin" as the two ships separated and went their departed ways

(Hey, question. Does this take place during the clone wars, during the empire age or during the age of the New Republic?)
However, the bounty hunters could not have possibly known about the three republic military commanders hot on their trail. A clone transport flew behind them, carrying two clones and a Jedi, as well as a droid. The Jedi was Jedi Knight John, general of the 437th legion, and the two clones were Commander Jack and Lieutenant Ace. The droid was an R3-series droid, named R3-D6.The four heroes had come across the ship, and were now in pursuit. "General, permission to open fire?" Jack asked, as he and Ace drew their dual pistols. "Let's go." John said, taking out his two lightsabers. "R3, take us to the side of this ship!" he said, and the clone gunship flew around to the side of the bounty hunter's ship.

(Old republic/clone wars)

"sir we have an unidentified ship on our starboard side, crap its a Jedi gunship, I repeat we have a jedi gunship on our starboard side" yelled the bridge boy from his command station
"seal the phrik (light-saber proof metal) blast doors and prepare to jump to light-speed!" yelled jun sie "elite team your with me" he drew his blasters and gstured for his guards to follow him.
"yes sir, should we arm the ray shields?" asked the birdge boy
"Of course, and tell all hunters to ativate boarding protocol 36" replied Jun Sei as he exited the bridge
"sir yes sir"

(Good. That means I can use the 437th legion.)
"FIRE!" John shouted, and the two high-ranking clones opened fire with their blasters. However, it was to no avail, seeing as how the blast doors were sealed. Then he saw the hyper-drive begin to boot up. "Shoot the hyper-drive!" John said, taking a spare rifle off the door of the gunship. John, Jack and Ace shot the hyper-drive, and it was the shot of Ace that sent the device into flames. "Great work, Lieutenant!" he said. "No problem." Ace said. "But now we have to worry about these bounty hunters attempting to board us."

"Sir the Jedi just took out our hyperdrive what should we do?" Asked Kanin the bridge boy through jun sie's communicator
"Tell all pilots and crews to be on high alert until they hear otherwise they need to be ready to deloy and high tale it back to tatoowine. Now as for our friends in the engine room. Vent air pressure to extinguish the flames and activate ray shields i want them alive" replied the hunter as he and his four elite i is closed in on the jedi's position
"Activate jammers, dont let the astromech get any read outs" said jun sie as he enter commands into his wrist controllers
Slowly cold air was pumped into to extinguish the flames and cool ruined hyperdrive.
Then the ray shields and jammers kicked in and trapped the three heroes along with disabling their droid.
"Well well well what do we have here a Jedi knight and two clone commandoes oh and a R3 unit very nice, bomor take the astromech down to maintenance I want its hard drive copied then wiped. As for our friends here I sure the Sith Lords will pay a hefty price for you but I wouldn't do that or would I *hahahaha* how about a little deal I let you go on your way now alive in exchange for one little thing"

The Jedi and clones were silent. One of Jun Sie's men tried to pick up the astromech... but his hand went straight through the hologram. "CHARGE!" John shouted, as he and the two clones came out of a secret door on the gunship. Other clone vessels flew in, and the Harmony, one of the star cruisers entrusted to the 437th legion, began dropping clones onto the bounty hunter's ship.

"Protocol 36 is go deploy now!" Jun sie yelled into his communicator as his men opened fire and he entered commands into his wrist, suddenly his boot jets ignite along with the jet packs of his guards all five of them hovering with maskes on as the air locks opened and things begin to be sucked into the abyss. All the while ship after ship after ship was filing from the cargo bays of "the devourer" and once out they all began to hyper space jump. Once all the ships were clear and his guards had been captured, jun sei handed himself in
"You win this time John"

Kane had been ordered to go to a section of the galaxy where something was going down. But, when he got there, nothing. "This is so boring." The teen Sith said to himself. He took out a mirror and looked at it. He smirked at the sight of his blood red eyes contrasting beautifully with his pales white skin. To make matters even better, he had long white hair and was wearing a cape. He looked like a vampire. It worked well for him too. It struck fear into his enemies. "Kane the Vampiric. I should really start calling myself that." That was when he spotted what looked like a shot out. "My lucky day."

As he flew closer, he realised who was in it. "I am getting a raise for this." He picked up the speed of which he was travelling. "An actual Jedi! This is my lucky day." He stood up and picked up his lightsaber and some kind of lightdagger. Really all it was was a really small lightsaber, but it looked like a dagger and worked like a dagger. He walked over to the speaker and began to speak out. "Jedi scum. Prepare to get boarded." Kane flew his ship closer to the devourer. He then boarded. As his right foot hit the ship, one of the clone troopers on his right side flew into the wall. "A bounty hunter against a Jedi? That's no fair. I thought you were about the good. Picking on someone who doesn't have the same ability as you isn't good is it?" He swung his right hand away from him. "Well, I've evened out the odds."

"Ace!" John shouted, seeing the clone get slammed against the wall. "Buddy, I don't know who you think you are but it's time you get put down." John drew his two lightsabers and Jack drew his dual pistols. "Orders, general?" he asked. "Fire!" John said, and he rushed towards the separatist as Jack covered him with blaster fire.

"I see my friendships with the separatists are startin to pay off" said jun sie as he drew a darksaber from within his coat "picked this one up on mandalor!" he moved in from behind and impales the clone though the back. "serves you right clone scum"

"You... bloody... cranker..." Jack said, turning around and shooting Jun Sie from point-blank range. The clone tumbled to the ground, unconscious but not dead. Ace, now free of the Sith's grip, Ran over to Jack and drew a small white shoto. "Now you're going to learn why I'm called Ace." The clone said. Meanwhile, John had managed to get a few strikes in at the Sith. "I've beaten tougher guys than you." John said. In truth, his energy was starting to wane.

Kane simply smiled as the clone began to fire at him. "Typical. Din't you get it?" He drew his lightsaber and began deflecting the shots. "They are useless against me." Distracted by the clone's fire, he was an easy target for John. The Jedi swung at him, connecting. However, the blade of light didn't pass through him. Instead, smoke flew off. "Experimental armour. Can deflect lightsabers." Suddenly, it bean to heat up. "Ow! Hot!" Kane yanked it off his arm. "It could deflect lightsabers."

He jumped back and looked around for anything to throw. A clone unconscious...could be useful... As the Jedi went in for another attack, he tried to pull the clone which was on the floor in front of the attacker with the force. "I thought I was going to face someone worth my time." The clone began to float. "Guess not." As the second attack went to come near him, Jack flew in front of Kane to protect him. He quickly dropped him after and lunged for the lightsaber wielder. Due to him rushing, the third attack barely connected, damaging his free hand.

Through his teeth, he mumbled. "Lucky hit. My turn." Swiftly, Kane switched from defence to offence. His attacks weren't powerful whatsoever, but what he lacked in power, he gained in speed. His fight style relied on tiring out his opponent: not something common with most Separatists. But because of how rare his fight style was, it was normally a shock to most enemies. Quickly, he slashed at the Jedi, trying to put his plan into effect. "Should I stop holding back? I have a trick up my sleeve if you want me too." His injured arm went to underneath his cape; it was where he kept his lightdagger. He smirked as he continued his onslaught of attacks.

Meanwhile in a far away area of the galaxy, a mysterious X-wing ship was flying towards nothing but in reality there was a well camouflaged battle ship.
As the X-wing entered, a sinister figure came out of it, a man in a black robe and Cape, silver hair and leather gloves with blades at the end, the figure kept walking through the corridor until he reached the control station.
Everyone was working and chatting until the mysterious person entered the room, everyone was dead silent, "D-D-Darth kronic, sir we didn't know you where com.." said a worker but could not finish his sentence as he was force choked and tossed to the side,
He headed to the front and asked "where is this ship heading to?" a soldier answerd "nowhere sir, just waiting for orders".
"Then you don't need to wait longer, I have orders to recruit some bounty hunters so I want you to go to the following coordinates" he said as he tossed a note with the coordinates on them, "jump into light speed to get there faster".
After their arrival to the coordinates he saw a few ships, he could hear his men ask each other what to do, "do we investigate the ships sir?" Ask one, he stared back at the person who asked the stupid question with his ice blue eyes, used the force to lift a random rench and smash it on the person's head, "does that answer your question?"
"Yes sir" said the man as they headed towards the ships.

(Let's make a rule. NO KILLING PEOPLE'S CHARACTERS UNLESS THEY SAY IT'S OKAY! JACK IS ALIVE, JUST UNCONSCIOUS. Jun Sie missed any vital organs, and Jack used the last of his strength to shoot Jun Sie. Okay?!)
"You bloody coward." John said, after halting his attack as to not hurt the UNCONSCIOUS commander. He caught on to the wear-down tactic quickly, being extremely adaptable. "Eh, no thanks." the Jedi said. He then noticed the wounded hand attempting to pull something out of his cape. "Instead, I'll take a look at what's in here." Moving his index and middle fingers on his left hand up, he pulled out the lightdagger with the force. Then the Jedi hurled it out towards the streets below. Meanwhile, Ace had disarmed the bounty hunter and held both a blaster aimed at the bounty hunter's head and the shoto held near the neck of the bounty hunter. "Surrender." the lieutenant said. Suddenly, John felt a disturbance in the force. A big one. "What...?"

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Quick note: killing someone's character without their explicit permission is autoing. It is very, very against the rules, and will result in people getting locked out of RPs. Please report it when you see it, rather than trying to deal with t yourself. Thank you :)

Last edited:
OOC: disturbance in the force? Classic

BIC: the camouflaged ship known as "the black falcon" was getting as close as possible without getting detected because the ship is camouflaged thanks to is black color and not an invisibility system, dart kronic noticed a fight going on, he sensed a jedi and a sith but knew there were more.
"What do we do sir?" Asked the pilot, "I sense a jedi, I think I will join the battle" he said and started to head out, "stay here unless I order you to do otherwise".
By the time the X-wing reached the ships, kronic was already getting ready with his lightsaber, it was a dark shade of blue and unlike a normal cylindrical blade it was flat and it looked like a cleaver.
As the sith lord entered he noticed the sith and jedi fighting, with a swift move of the blade tipped fingers of his right hand, he tossed a random object at them, getting his wepond ready as he got there attention and said "kneel before me, dart kronic, and I may have mercy, but don't count on it, after all I am a sith lord"

"Great, another one. Time for X-5." John said. The Jedi deactivated his lightsabers and jumped out of the ship. Ace grabbed Jack and did the same. R3-D6 followed suit, ejecting from the ship. Then red lights started blaring everywhere.

Rex

Resident Furry
(OOC: Eh, why not.)

Sailing through the blackness of space, the decrepit cruiser looked almost dead. It was a Hammerhead-class, an old Republic warship, manufactured by Rendili Hyperworks, which had seen service in the Mandalorian Wars. This particular ship, the Façade, hadn’t seen Republic service in a very long time. Its armor plating was scorched black in many places, completely gone in others, exposing parts of the interior of the ship to the vacuum of space.

Despite the damages, the ship was still very much active. Small flashes of light could be seen all over the hull. These belonged to the welding arms of a number of T3 units, perhaps two dozen in all, all servicing the cruiser. They worked to remove, repair, and replace, the damaged sections of the hull. Three of the ships four ion engines propelled it forward, emitting an orange glow as they did. The fourth was too damaged to fire, and repairing it was a low priority.

The reason the Façade was presently limping through space was due to a different problem. The Hyperdrive was down. Really, it needed to be replaced, but Class 2 Hyperdrives weren’t cheap. The machine was held together by the hopes and dreams of the ship’s owner… and the dedicated efforts of several T3 units. They were working on it now, which gave their hull repairing brethren time to do their own job. The droids were not allowed outside the ship when it was in Hyperspace.

The ship’s owner, and one of only two organic lifeforms onboard a ship meant for seven hundred passengers and crew, was a human. Pale skin and dark hair and eyes, he was of decent height, though the fact that he always slouched hid that fact. He wore a simple gray tunic and pants, which black boots, and had three lightsabers clipped to his belt. In the dark storage-turned-training room, he blended in extremely well.

His companion, the only other organic on the ship, had no trouble seeing him, however. Selonians had excellent, though colorless, night vision. This was a rare male of the species, a runt, though with Selonians averaging in at heights taller than humans, he was still tall enough to look the slouching human in the eye. The human had procured the creature on Selonia, where it was considered unfit for breeding by its peers, too small and weak. The Selonian wore a pair of brown pants that complimented its brown and cream colored fur.

The pair of organics were joined by two protocol droids, named AH-01-GE3, and AH-02-GE3, by the human. The front letters designated them as “Animal Handlers,” they were the Selonian’s caretakers. The middle numbers were, quite simply, their sub-designations within the AH directory. GE3 referred to their model. They were Czerka manufactured GE3 protocol droids, at one time the most common in the galaxy. Nowadays, however, Cybot Galactica’s 3PO models likely held that designation.

“I never,” the Selonian was saying. The creature paused to look at AH-01, “fight?” The protocol droid nodded, so the Selonian continued, “before.” Very few Selonians were fluent in Basic, all of them females. This one was learning quite quickly, which pleased the human.

“Good, because this isn’t like any weapon you would have seen before,” the human replied, pausing while AH-01 repeated the sentence in Mandaba, the Selonian native language. Out of all the languages GE3 were programmed to know, Mandaba was certainly one of the ones he’d least expected them to have to use.

The human pulled two of the lightsabers off his belt, and handed them both to AH-02. He had programmed this particular droid with combat functionality. Its stiff and slow movements meant it would be terrible with anything but a blaster, but it also made it the perfect instructor for a newcomer like the Selonian.

“Give a lightsaber to someone who’s never used one before, and they’ll be careful,” the human remarked, “Give it to someone who’s trained in swordplay, and they’ll cut their own head off.” Lightsabers had different weight compared to vibroswords and other bladed weapons. The hilt was heavier, the blade completely weightless. The human was about to explain more, when a mechanical voice sounded over the intercom.

“Master Alexander, your presence is needed on the bridge.”

The human, Alexander, sighed. “AH-02 will run you through a few lessons. I expect great things from you, Zeek.”

That was partially a lie. The Selonian, Zeek, was at best a pet project. He had no Force capabilities, and suffered from the typical Selonian psychological desire for consensus, made even worse since he was now cut off from the hive mind of his clan. Also typical of Selonians, Zeek suffered from agoraphobia. He expected little of the creature, though every success did delight him.

Nevertheless, Alexander left the Selonian to his handlers. The halls of the Façade were just as dark as the storage room had been. There were, quite simply, more important things to power: life support, food preservation, the engines, the weapons, the broken hyperdrive. The bridge was lit by a number of computer screens, with another GE3 sitting at each. The protocol droid was likely even more common than the T3s on the Façade.

“What have you found, BP-01?” Alexander asked, approaching the so named Bridge Pilot droid.

“Ships, Master Alexander,” the GE3 replied, “At least five of them.”

“Five ships in the middle of nowhere, what are the chances?” the human mused, “Maybe its fate. Keep out of firing range, let’s see if they hail us. What’s the status of our weaponry?”

“Dual light turbolaser cannons, disabled. Medium turbolaser cannons, disabled. Quad laser cannons, disabled. Point-defense laser cannon batteries, active. Tractor beam, disabled,” listed one of the other robots, BP-03.

“So we can’t fire at them, but we can shoot down anything they fire at us,” Alexander nodded, “and the hanger doors?”

“Still unresponsive,” replied yet another robot, BP-06.

“Alright then, recall the exterior T3s and prep the point-defense lasers to fire,” Alexander ordered, “Let’s hope they put on a good show for us.”

jun sie watched as the jedi and his clones retreated into the heart of space once more
"Now gentlemen, please this way, let me pour you both a drink" said the bounty hunter gesturing toward the now opened blast doors as medical and repair teams moved in to assess the damage to both crew and ship
"please allow me to refuel your tanks and give you some supplies, if it wasn't for your actions I would now be in the hands of those republic goons"

Suddenly, a loud noise blared over from the giant speakers on the republic cruiser. "This is Jedi Master John. You may think we have run away, but quite the opposite. While the three of us were DISTRACTING you, Captain Blast and Excelsior Squad have attached many thermal detonators to your ship. I hope you're happy with yourselves."

"We'll played John well played, you may however want to check the incription software of your astromech, it was shut down when you boarded my ship you try to blow me up and i fry the mech" replied jun sie as he entered commands into his wrist controllers "Kanin run diagnostic scans and then electro magnetise the hull i was those thermal detonators disabled or fried beyond recovery" jun sie whispered into his com link

"Already taken tare of." John said. "R3 is perfectly fine. By the way, those detonators blow in 3... 2... 1. Have a nice trip!" The ship was covered by a giant cloud of smoke as all of the detonators blew up.

Darth kronic, not wasting time as usual, instantly headed to his ship after telling the sith and the bounty hunter that they can come along if they want to live.
"Sir is everything ok?" Ask a soldier from the black falcon, witnessing that smoke, to wich he replied "I am ok, now open the gate and let me in, by the way we may have guests"
"Good kind of guests or the bad kind sir?" Asked the pilot.
"Both" he replied as he entered the ship

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: Right, I think you guys need a quick primer on exactly what autoing is.

Autoing is controlling another character's actions, or forcing an action onto them. Quite a few players in this role play are performing actions that make another character unable to react, or forcing them into situations outside of their control. This is autoing.

Here's an example: of what you shouldn't do. Assume that Steve is my only character:
Bad: Steve whirled around, swinging the blade in his hand hard into John's abdomen, before letting the knife go.

This is a pretty extreme example, but similar things are pretty common. The issue is that this removes any ability for the player controlling John to react - he's been stabbed in the stomach, without any ability to dodge, block the attack, or really even counterattack. Without any say in the matter, John now has a pointy object where it doesn't belong.

So, how do we write actions that have impact, but give the other character time to respond? Actually, the answer is pretty simple: Write the action, but leave out the effect. To lead with an example again, here's how I'd modify the earlier example to stay within the rule:
Better: Steve whirled around, swinging the blade in his hand hard towards John – aiming squarely at his abdomen.

You'll notice that although Steve aims at John's belly, which gives a hint to the other players as to how he intends the result to go, he doesn't force it onto them. This gives John's player the ability to react accordingly. Generally, it's pretty unlikely that a player will allow their character to be essentially put out of action, so please consider this when writing your characters. No-one wants to be in a position where they constantly have to worm their way out of what are clearly intended to be fatal attacks or vastly character-changing actions.

So, unless this is an important plot point that the players have agreed on beforehand, perhaps Steve's action should really be:
Best: Steve whirled around, swinging his blade hard towards John. He hoped that his surprise attack would throw the other man off balance – maybe even disarm him.

It's really, really important all players learn this, and quickly – the RP has devolved into a bit of a mess now, and it has already required far too much staff involvement. If the quality can't improve, I will unfortunately have to close this RP.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: No. If you see an issue, report it. We will decide what to do.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well that was a waste of effort on my part, then. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.