• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Special Regigigas Giveaway at Toys 'R Us

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
HTML:
[img]https://www.pokecharms.com/gamesprites/pl2/486.png
[/img]
Today Pokemon.com announced the special Regigigas giveaway coming to participating Toys 'R Us stores across the US and in Puerto Rico. This particular Regigigas is the one that will allow you to unlock Regice, Regirock, and Registeel when traded onto your Pokemon Platinum game.

Its statistics are as follows...
Level: 100
PokeBall: Cherish Ball
Held item: Custap Berry
Known Attacks: Iron Head, Rock Slide, Icy Wind, Crush Grip

The giveaway will run from March 8th to March 21st - right up until the day before Platinum is released in North America. Just remember to have a copy of Diamond or Pearl handy (English versions only).

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Doesn't the one obtainable in Diamond in-game unlock the three Regis when traded? I assume not, otherwise there'd not be much point to this event, but that's mean. It's a good job I was reminded about this, because otherwise I'd have probably ignored the invent thinking I'd already got one for the job XD

Obviously I'll have to wait until it comes to the UK...

Only event Regigigas unlocks the Regis in Platinum.

Even worse, only event Shaymin can transform into its Sky Forme. The official in-game Shaymin can't, no matter which game you get it from or how legally you obtain it.

Man. I guess I'll have to get this Regigigas although I already have one...

Okay then, to Toys 'R' Us!

I can't belive they're actually giving out a Lv. 100 though. Transfer it to Plaitnum right away and you'll beat the game in a week.

Awesome! Thank goodness I got myself a Shaymin... AT THE LAST MINUTE xD (I got it at the last day at the Toys 'R Us event!)

I'm looking forward to get a Regigigas, since I'll be getting Platinum soon! I just hope I get a Regigigas with a Modest nature... I got a Shaymin with a Sassy nature.

WHY would you want a Modest Regigigas? O_O
Modest lowers Attack, Regigigas' best stat. Also, most of Regigigas' attacks are physical. (In fact, all it's level up moves are either fall into the 'Other' Category or the 'Physical' category.)

I don't see the point in giving away a level 100 one. You won't be able to EV the thing >=O

*coughs*

I'm still going to get it, for the other Regigigas in platinum XDD

('Regigigas' has too many 'g's in its name >=O)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I don't think we get everything, although before I found this forum I didn't really find out about events and such, so I could be wrong. They were at Woolworth's quite often though, so that may be a problem now, considering.

We had an event across the country quite recently, for Darkrai.

WHY would you want a Modest Regigigas? O_O
Modest lowers Attack, Regigigas' best stat. Also, most of Regigigas' attacks are physical. (In fact, all it's level up moves are either fall into the 'Other' Category or the 'Physical' category.)

I don't see the point in giving away a level 100 one. You won't be able to EV the thing >=O
I WAS about to prove you wrong... but it appears I just got owned! xD I accept it!

It's okay, though. It's just that I've been 'training' under a friend of mine. I guess you'd make a better trainer than him xD I know I have a whole lot to learn, then.

And hey, At least I'll get a Regigigas as goodbye to Diamond/Pearl and HELLO PLATINUM :3

It's okay, though. It's just that I've been 'training' under a friend of mine. I guess you'd make a better trainer than him xD I know I have a whole lot to learn, then.

Hey, I just know the basics. XP I also look stuff up often, to confirm my speculations XD

Also,Regigigas can totally sweep the game on its own, no strings attached XD

Pair him with Shaymin, and yeah...

Man. I guess I'll have to get this Regigigas although I already have one...

Okay then, to Toys 'R' Us!

I can't belive they're actually giving out a Lv. 100 though. Transfer it to Plaitnum right away and you'll beat the game in a week.

You can't even transfer it until after you beat the game. Another thing is, you can EV train the Regigigas you get in Platinum.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

This is what Jet posted in his EV/IV help thread:

Also, there is one way to EV train Level 100s. If you get 4 EVs in one stat, go to the PC and deposit the Pokemon and then withdraw it. The stats will be modified. The only downside is that it has to be done after every 4 EVs.

So there is a way, it just sounds... very, very tedious. I didn't realize it had to be done after every 4 EVs accumulated. I always figured you could just do it all in one go, deposit the Pokemon, and let the magic happen. Ah well ^^;

I didn't know that XD

Twinky, you CAN transfer it before you beat the game.

It's number will just appear as 3 question marks before you get the national dex. Oh, it may not obey you, but meh XD

Also, I know this for a fact because I traded a Magmar (Then a national dex pokemon) to my friend to help him beat Snowpoint city. He could use it, it just listed the pokedex number as three question marks.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just a reminder that the giveaway started yesterday.

Also I originally made an image to help people figure out how to receive Regigigas step-by-step, but the new Platinum sub-site has done so better:

http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/regigigas/

Check it out if you're confused about the mystery gift process of receiving the Pokemon.

I don't think we get everything, although before I found this forum I didn't really find out about events and such, so I could be wrong. They were at Woolworth's quite often though, so that may be a problem now, considering.

We had an event across the country quite recently, for Darkrai.

Toys 'R' Us over recent years have been doing a few events here and there because of Diamond and Pearl rekindling quite a lot of interest in the franchise over here. Woolies were the ones giving out Darkrai last year though, if I recall correctly. Presumably they'll simply just get Toys 'R' Us in for Shaymin this year - but I wouldn't be too confident over Regigigas coming here.

Who knows though, maybe if Platinum gets a lot of initial interest here, it'll sway the odds in our favour.

Woot and I thought after missing out on Shaymin I'd already missed out on Regigigas.

Glad to see I was mistaken.
I missed shaymin too. It's one of my two fave D/P legendaries, the other being Azelf (probably because it was the first of the trio i caught) I tried getting him on Wi-Fi, wasn't there!

Forgot to post/been busy: Got mine on Sunday. And as far as being confused would go, don't bother with a picture as Toys R' Us has a thing when you walk in that shows how to do it.