• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Social Standing?

It just ran across my mind what all the people of 'Charms do when they aren't here. So, this forum was made! Where do you think you stand socially offline(School, College, Work, etc.)
I guess I'll share mine. I'm a junior in high school and I'm known by almost everyone in school all the way down to the freshmen.(And some at the middle school) I dont want to say im popular but I am a performer(I breakdance, rap, sing. I do it all~) I do have a good 10 actual friends and alot of acquaintances and im on my way to getting into another relationship. Noone would ever think I'm a Pokegeek XD. So to sum it all up I think my social standing offline is pretty good?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Currently a second year in college, and most of the people who know me are friends from high school. I sort of built up my reputation then as "incredibly lazy but willing to help anyone, with a healthy dose of eccentricity", and anyone who knew me (or knew of me) also knew I was the source for Pokemon information. I pretty much single-handedly brought back the Pokemon craze in high school, despite not being able to play the games myself. ^^;

I'm not as well-known in college, but some of my old classmates remember me pretty well both for my strange antics and for the relative ease I pick up new subjects. I mean, honestly, my college has at least 50,000 people, it'll be amazing if even 1% of the people there knew me. I don't really have a positive image among my friends as they all know me to be pretty lazy, but they still like to hang out with me because I'm nice/easy to pick on or something.

I'm currently a few days away from graduating; shifting out of childhood and into adulthood. I'm nearly on my way to bigger and better things, my first step being getting myself out of rural Alaska and back into the city, which is where I'm the most comfortable.
I've been described as having a wavering personality. At times I'll be happy, funny and easy to talk to, while at other times I'll be overall annoying. There are also times where I'll have moments that things go clean over my head, or I'll have such a "derp" moment that I'll just hate myself.
All in all, though, I love to be included in anything social, and I crave friendship and acceptance above all things. I really love engaging conversations with my friends, and my biggest hope is that I can be accepted enough to where everyone wants to be my friend. :)
However, with this being said, there are my moments where I distance myself from everyone else. During these moments I'll either be an artsy fart, on a YouTube binge, playing a video game of sorts, or just straight up relaxing. It's the moments when I distance myself due to a heated conversation or an embarrassing moment that I hate.

Sheesh, I didn't realize how fun it was for me to analyze myself. :D

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
Social Standing?... hmm... I graduated from university just recently... and currently not employed.. :p *That's cause I'm still trying to apply for this training program thing* but I'm trying to aim for something high

I like talking to people with similar interests.. but somehow my circle of friends all have have different tastes, we somehow stick together as best friends tho :D .. people describe me as the kind of person who can cool anyone down? like the "cooler" or something.. but I guess its just that I feel irritated when I see arguments and stuff like that, and I feel like I need to stop it ASAP :p I also take it in me that I must ensure that the group is having fun and laughing each time we get together... :) yep.. I take some time to think of ways to make them burst to laughter :D ow and I also ended-up as the guy who plans events and stuff for us..

For those outside our circle, they see me as this pokemon/video games/nerdy person who can draw weird stuff in cute ways... yep.. most of the time people ask me about pokemon... whether its competitive stuff or not I'm happy to help ya all :)

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
MIDDLE SCHOOL! WHERE BASTARDS WHO THINK THEY'RE COOL ACT LIKE THEY KNOW MORE THAN THEY DO!

^I just summed it up pretty nicely. I do wrestling and Judo also, and am pretty involved in the drama community as well. I can act, but can't memorize worth shit, so I can only do improv, which is both more entertaining for audiences (sometimes) and more fun for actors. Sundays are taken up by church, which I have a wholehearted belief in and it's also a good place to catch up with friends who go to different schools.
Due to the clique system of junior high, I'm stuck with a few of my friends around the middle. We're probably the most diverse (and not just because we're not all rich bitches) but in religion and stuff too. I
Individually, people know me for the writing/anime/computers/pokemon person I am. I like being smart and kinda nerdy, but I'm also told that I'm not the "I-know-everything-so-I'm-gonna-prove-it" kind of smart. (I don't talk much at school). I've also been known for standing up for friends. Kinda vain. I wish I could move back to where I grew up, though, as some of my oldest and best friends still live back there.
I've been described as having a wavering personality. At times I'll be happy, funny and easy to talk to, while at other times I'll be overall annoying.
Volt. Are you just an older, Alaskan version of me?

Well um….
I'm currently in High school, only a few months before I leave actually since I'm not actually going to University (so I don't have to finish the final year).
I'm usually very timid and sensitive and prefer to be by myself than with other people, unless they are good friends. I have a hard time talking to people since tend to get very awkward and nervous, but despite this most people in my year seem to like me. I'm also very unconfident in my self especially with my art and in the kitchen (yeah I do Hospitality) and I'm always worried that I'm going to screw up something or I'm not good enough. I also tend to get ticked of very easily, especially when year 7 students are running around and screaming. Obviously I don't yell at them but it sure does but me in a shitty mood :/ Oh yeah, I'm a very moody person as well. Despite my shyness and sometimes moody nature I try to be as nice to people as I possibly can, even if they do annoy me. The only exceptions and are few people I know that are real assholes.

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
Well um….
I'm currently in High school, only a few months before I leave actually since I'm not actually going to University (so I don't have to finish the final year).
I'm usually very timid and sensitive and prefer to be by myself than with other people, unless they are good friends. I have a hard time talking to people since tend to get very awkward and nervous, but despite this most people in my year seem to like me. I'm also very unconfident in my self especially with my art and in the kitchen (yeah I do Hospitality) and I'm always worried that I'm going to screw up something or I'm not good enough. I also tend to get ticked of very easily, especially when year 7 students are running around and screaming. Obviously I don't yell at them but it sure does but me in a shitty mood :/ Oh yeah, I'm a very moody person as well. Despite my shyness and sometimes moody nature I try to be as nice to people as I possibly can, even if they do annoy me. The only exceptions and are few people I know that are real assholes.
I like your art tho.. I think the styles you have are quite amazing!!.. I can't even do stuff like that... ow and I do hospitality too.. :) so I know the feels about the kitchen part.. :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, I've been at this job for almost a month now, and I think it's safe to say I have established myself as the resident weird Asian who somehow can speak Spanish (badly) and has far too much energy to work at a McDonald's.

Most of the people seem to like me for being a fast learner despite having absolutely zero experience at working, and also for being nice and peppy with a healthy dose of snark. I get along with most everyone, even the ones who can't really speak English well. But since I do stuff like make balloons out of plastic bags, meow at random intervals, jump around and dance while singing Vocaloid songs, etc., they also agree I'm probably one of the strangest people to be hired. And honestly? I don't mind. Their questioning looks give me life~

I'm pretty certain the fact I'm really into Pokemon and I'm forever a 12 year old is slowly going around. Especially my 12-ness. That never seems to die for some reason.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was going to say "I'm middle class!" but I get the impression that information isn't the point of this thread. XD

Anyways, I've been working within the same college department for the past six years and I'd say that I'm fairly well liked by everyone on staff but not part of any particular cliques. We sadly do have cliques at work (can never escape the high school-ish drama @.@) but due to my even approach towards work-related conflicts and my temperament in general I tend to slip in and out of every group. That said, I find that I get on better with my 35+ years old co-workers compared to the ones closer to my age or younger. More to talk about; less topics that bore me to tears.

People will often wander into my computer lab to privately confide in me so I suppose that many of my co-workers view me as being trustworthy, too. It generally means that whenever I actually give an opinion on staff matters people do tend to listen, or at the very least they'll consider what I'm saying and why I'm saying it. It's nice to be respected. :p