• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Smash Bros. 4: Charms Tournament Test Run!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys. I wanted to see what the new Super Smash Bros. 4 tournaments were like so I've set up a quick test. :)

This tournament is password protected, so you'll need to enter the one I've used in order to join the tournament. Max players for this tourney is 30 participants. I don't foresee us actually hitting that number but if we do, sorry in advance to anyone who can't participate.

Now for the important details.

Tournament Name: Charms Test Bash
Tournament ID: 22471289058706
Password: charmstest
Date: Today only!
Runtime: Starts 11AM Atlantic time (10 AM Eastern/3 PM UTC + 1) - Ends 7PM Atlantic time (6PM Eastern/11 PM UTC +1)
Stage Selection: Random Omega stages only

Rules:
- Battles will be contested as 2 Stock with 5 minutes max to complete each battle
- Items are turned on (by accident)
- Custom characters and Mii Fighters are turned off
- You can take part in a max of 10 matches for the tournament
- This tournament is based on points. The player with the most points as of the end of the tournament wins! (I think...)

And that's it! Thanks in advance to anyone who takes part, and please give feedback on what rules you liked for this tournament and what you'd like to see changed in the future.

If you're interested in taking part in this test run, reply to this thread and let us know what times you're likely to be available to play (or at the very least, post when you're connecting and post again when you stop playing). The Smash tournaments are fairly nice in that they allow you to stay connected searching for a fellow tourney fighter until one connects but it still may be best that people know when you'll be about. ^^

Last edited:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I will probably be playing this on and off throughout the day, so hopefully catch some of you guys on then :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
@Mr.RMA and @Kyubeon - Not sure if you're available today, but wanted to ping you in case you are.

I'll also be taking part in this, just need to know when people can play. :)

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
GAAAAAAASP

I'm in.
I can probably play throughout the day.
Edit: What's the Tourney ID? It doesn't seem like I can search the Tourney name. :/

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
GAAAAAAASP

I'm in.
I can probably play throughout the day.
Edit: What's the Tourney ID? It doesn't seem like I can search the Tourney name. :/

The tourney ID is 22471289058706. Hopefully that will assist in you finding it! :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sooo, apparently setting the rules wasn't clear so Items are apparently on. Will keep this in mind when making future tournaments. xp

Edit: And it's done! Thanks for joining us for what you could, @Burgundy. It certainly gave us things to consider if we were to run future tournaments. :)

Last edited:

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Ah, dang, didn't get the chance to take part in this. Well, hopefully I'll be available the next time.