• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Signature Check

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Hopefully, the new design and various upgrades to go with it will be online possibly by the end of next week (or at some point before Christmas at any rate), so the forums will be changing to the new design too.

As you will have noticed, the forums are now fixed in width on the new design and as such there is now approximately 200 or so pixels less width available for your signatures before they start stacking vertically and become obscenely large. (For most people on a 1024x786 screen)

If you're unsure whether or not your signature will do so once the new design goes live - post here to check, and if you're still not sure, other people can decide for you.

When the new design goes live - regardless of whether you decide to continue using the old forum design in its place as a personal preference - your signature must conform to fitting neatly within this design. If it doesn't, you will receive a warning and have your signature removed.

Ideally, the maximum height of any signature should be little larger than the height of an average TCM Trainer Card.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty sure the only thing I need to fix is my avatar, and considering how lazy I am that probably won't be done until after the new forum style launches xp

When the new design goes live - regardless of whether you decide to continue using the old forum design in its place as a personal preference - your signature must conform to fitting neatly within this design.

I highly second that statement >>;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Checking signature...

Edit: It all looks ok to me, but if anyone sees any problems please let me know, I can make Thundie a bit smaller if need be.

Ah, I know mine is going to need to be fixed...

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe not. I don't mind changing it if it needs to be removed or something, though, but I'm pretty sure it's fine.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Those signatures are fine. I'd recommend a top height of around 200 pixels, of which all of those abide pretty well.

Since I love my sig, I'm posting here, just to be sure my sig fits in the space.

One more thing, with sprite art, I have some pretty big pictures, mainly my maps. I was wondering if I should try and reduce them in size? For the larger Routes and Cities/Towns, I could cut them in half, but for those that I can't what should I do?

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Your sig is fine - your avatar is most certainly not. We don't impose a specific limit - but we do expect people to be sensible, which that is definitely not.

I'll probably have to remove the captions and just make the fanbar and sig as the direct links to the creator's respective shops.