• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shocking Game Announced At Jump Festa

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
We all knew big things were afoot at Jump Festa this year for Pokémon. It had been confirmed a "surprise" announcement would be made. Many of us thought this would be related to the 15th movie or a new manga series, but those of us who dared to hope for more thought it could be a new game; most likely the third game to fit with Pokémon Black & White, which were released earlier this year. However the announcement we have gotten is more surprising then anything we could have dreamed of.

Read More

Yo dawg, we heard you like strategic RPG's, so we put a strategic RPG in your strategic RPG so you can be strategical while you play roles.

Without any further ado, though, this does sound rather amazing, and I'm definitely planning on buying this sooner or later. My guess is that it's going to be somewhat PokeMon Ranger-y, the overworld anyway, which wouldn't be half bad. I just hope they can manage to put a good plot into it- And make it at least somewhat canon to the rest of the games- And if they manage that, it's sure to make for an enjoyable or at least refreshing experience.

Honestly, the Pokemon franchise was the last thing I'd expect to pull out a cross-over game, and even stranger is the series it crosses over with. Tactical RPG set in feudal Japan, eh? I can dig it. A Pokemon-based Tactics game does sound very interesting, though I would've preferred if it were solely a Pokemon game.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to assume that North America and Europe will see this game, but if they don't then disregard everything I ever say about it. XP

Anyways, now that my initial "LULZ WHAT IS THIS?!" reaction has worn off, I'm interested to see more on the gameplay. I love turn-based strategy games (especially those that play like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics/Disgaea), so if the gameplay ends up being as solid as them I may consider buying it. I don't mind Pokemon spin-offs if they're good.

I'll say it again however: too bad this is only a DS game. The 3DS needs more Pokemon in its library.

I don't think there has ever been a videogame that has had an announcement which has stunned me this much. A Pokemon cross-over with a strategy game where you conquer Japan? No-one could've dreamt that one up.

Linkachu said:
I'll say it again however: too bad this is only a DS game. The 3DS needs more Pokemon in its library.
This so much.

Linkachu said:
too bad this is only a DS game. The 3DS needs more Pokemon in its library.

I'm actually excited that they're releasing it on DS, I was so worried when the 3DS came out that I'd either have to stop playing new pokemon games or fork out money I don't have for a new system less than a year after I bought a new DSi.

I'm really excited for this game, it looks amazing, I think it'll be a great spinoff as we can see pokemon battles in a whole new way without the main games being affected.

Wow. In this, are we going to play the role of an established character or will it be an anonymous type like the player character in Pokemon?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Secad said:
Wow. In this, are we going to play the role of an established character or will it be an anonymous type like the player character in Pokemon?

I'm not sure yet but I think established is most likely.