• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Requests officially closed! Sorry about that to anyone who wanted a sprite but didn't get a chance to ask. I might open requests again someday, though, so keep your eyes out!

To anyone who's already requested: I'll have your requests done sometime this week. If I don't finish it by the 10th, please let me know ASAP in case I forgot!

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
Requests officially closed! Sorry about that to anyone who wanted a sprite but didn't get a chance to ask. I might open requests again someday, though, so keep your eyes out!

To anyone who's already requested: I'll have your requests done sometime this week. If I don't finish it by the 10th, please let me know ASAP in case I forgot!
Haha.. there I thought mine was droped :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
To everyone I owe requests to:

Sorry I haven't gotten to them! I had a really rough past week and didn't have the time or energy to work on them. I'll get to them ASAP but it might be another week or so. I'm really sorry about that!

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
To everyone I owe requests to:

Sorry I haven't gotten to them! I had a really rough past week and didn't have the time or energy to work on them. I'll get to them ASAP but it might be another week or so. I'm really sorry about that!
Take your time! :) we can wait... after all it is a request ^^

Um, I don't want to be a bother, but just in case you forgot, I would like a sprite of Leah from The Mirror Lied. If you can't do that for whatever reason, Maybe a sprite for my oc Yarin, who has a dusty black shirt with a rope-tied backpack, a wyvern cape, wavy blonde hair, and a cheerful, eyes-closed-but-still-smiling face.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I apologize to @EspeonTheBest and @Starfall about a lack of sprites for your requests; I've been incredibly drained and haven't had an opportunity to do your sprites, along with just a lack of internet connection to this site from my spriting laptop which made me lose a lot of motivation. I can't promise making any sprites anytime soon due to summer classes and then being out of town for a week after my classes are done, but I'll definitely do what I can and make it up to you guys somehow.

I apologize to @EspeonTheBest and @Starfall about a lack of sprites for your requests; I've been incredibly drained and haven't had an opportunity to do your sprites, along with just a lack of internet connection to this site from my spriting laptop which made me lose a lot of motivation. I can't promise making any sprites anytime soon due to summer classes and then being out of town for a week after my classes are done, but I'll definitely do what I can and make it up to you guys somehow.
No worries Shiny, we all have lives outside of this site. Plus, the Internet can be pretty annoying at times. Don't stress about it! Also, good luck with your summer classes. :)

Hey, could I have a mini one please?
Name: Miraha Rose
Color: E
Trainer: Strawberry Blonde hair styled in a pixie cut, blue eyes, purple square glasses, purple t shirt with a black paw print, blue jeans, and black and lavender sneakers with teal laces.
Pokemon: Umbreon, Delphox, Zangoose, Heiloisk, Pangoro, and Shiny Goodra

Card Type: Tini
Trainer Name:
Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky), Samurott, Lucario, Mega Gardevoir, Greninja, and Darkrai
Card Color: Lime green
Overworld Style: Gen IV
Trainer Description: just Blue from Hgss

Can I request a mini-Card
Name: Purple
Pokemon: Rowlet (if possible if not Just the list without rowlet), Gallade, Gardevoir, Shiny Noivern, toxicroak, braviary and hitmonchan. (Hitmonchan depends on rowlet if you can't do rowlet then do hitmonchan at the end)
Card Colour: J
Overworld style: Gen V
Trainer: Has brown hair which is straight and goes from the back to the front of the head. Wears a purple hoodie whith a pocket at the Lower front and white tassel things (they a just the hood).
Wears blue trousers (no explanation needed). And has red sneakers. Has green eyes. And the mouth is like your one (on your mini-card).

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@TundraZap (and everyone else I owe a request to): didn't forget, just life got in the way and was distracted by other projects. They should hopefully all be done by the end of the month. Sorry for the delay, everyone x.x

*o* I typed in the wrong Pokemon... I HATE AUTOCORRECT!!!!!!!
Lyni, if you've started it's fine but If you haven't gotten to Hitmonchan can I Change it to Arcanine...?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@TundraZap I had a lot of midterms and projects due so sorry about that x.x along with some othe requests I had to finish before yours. I'm working on everyone's still but I'm not sure when I can get everything done since college has been eating away at my life.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@SnazzyScragsel we have different sprite styles and I see that you already have your own request thread. Plus, I don't plan on adding fusions to my list of requests anytime soon simply because they don't interest me. If you want to do fusions, do them in your own request thread ^^

IMG_1439.JPG
@TundraZap I'm starting on your card but I'm not sure what you meant by his hairstyle; could you give me some reference pictures if possible?
Here is a pic I found on google of it

Card Type: Mini
Trainer Name: Maria Casavilla
Pokemon: Empoleon, Lucario, Dragonair, Ninetales, Swellow, Minun.
Card Color: L
Overworld Style: V
Trainer Description: Long brown hair. Green eyes. Wearing blue jeans with a darkish blue tank top and a purple jacket thing with no sleeves and is open in the front.. Has a purlpe bandana worn in her hair as a hat. It has a pokeball symble on it that is turquoise. Shoes are black boots with belt straps. She so has a necklace that is a water drop.
I hope I was descriptive enough. If not here is a picture I drew of her.
HNI_0031.JPG

I hope you don't mind making the mini card. I have read your first post and it said that request were closed all except for the mini and tini card. And the thread says it is open right now..... So I hope you don't mind.

Last edited:
Type Mini card
Name: SleepySloth
Reuniclus
Arcanine
Swampert
Duecideye (if possible. I'm not sure if there is a Sprite of it!)
Braviary
Raichu
Delphox (only if duecideye isn't available!)
Colour: J
Over world style: Gen V
Trainer description: has brown hair (I'll give you an image), a grey hoodie with pockets, blue jeans, red trainers and guzma's glasses (Team skull Guzma and they are on his forehead), green eyes and a straight mouth.

If you haven't started, can I update the Pokemon?
Slakoth
Reuniclus
Swampert
Arcanine
Duecideue (if possible)
Raichu
Braviary (if decudeye isn't possible)

I'm quite interested in a commission. Don't know when I would get the money though, so I am going to refrain until Christmas to ask.

For reference how big are the sprites? (I know the dimensions, just wondering for reference. I didn't really get a clear representation.)

Lastly, would I have to purchase 7 Different sprites for a character, or is it possible to get a sprite with multiple characters. (Sounds like a bit much. I know that, just wondering if it would effect price)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Currently, commissions are closed, though I might open them back up once finals are over so that I can actually have some money.

Anyways, sprite dimensions! The top row is what I usually dabble in, the bottom two are for when I'm feeling particularly ambitious.
sbjDL.png

16 x 16 - what you'd normally expect for things like badges and some of the older Pokemon menu sprites
32 x 32 - overworlds and items typically fall under this category
64 x 64 - dimensions used for Gen III Pokemon and trainer sprites
80 x 80 - dimensions used for Gen IV Pokemon and trainer sprites; also the dimensions used for trainer sprites in the TCM
96 x 96 - dimensions used for Gen V Pokemon and trainer sprites

144 x 144 - my own personal "comfortable range" limit, anything beyond this will have questionable quality since I'm not used to working on larger canvases.
192 x 192 - the absolute limit I choose to go for the time being. If you need a sprite larger than this, I'm not the person for the job.

Why these numbers? Because games work in bits and bytes, and all these dimensions are multiples of 16. Also, 16 happens to be my favorite number.

As for some examples of sprites... (I tried to pick sprites that used up as much space as possible, and even sized a couple of them down so that they would fit in the space provided)
sbjdJ.png

If you plan to commission me, prices will be based on the smallest box the sprite could fit in. So even if, say, you want to commission a fakemon sprite for a Gen IV-style game (80x80), but the sprite ends up only about 50 pixels tall and 60 pixels wide, you'll likely get priced for a 64x64 sprite, unless you specify otherwise.

As for your last question, each individual character would count as one sprite. So technically, the example I have for the 192 x 192 box would be a combination of three 144x144 sprites. Of course, I'm open to price negotiations, especially if you want to buy more than one sprite of the same character at a time (ie. trainer sprite + overworld + mugshot).

I hope that answered your question; this got a lot longer than I was planning it to be, ha...

Last edited: