• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shadows of the Colosseum (Open for all)

Turquoise looked down at his Lapras, hoping it would be able to keep fighting, but it was out, like he expected. "Good....game", Turquoise replied as he sent back his Pokemon.

"And the first semi-final match goes to... Evon and the Eevee Warriors!" the announcer blared, as the crowd erupted. "Thanks. That was fun. Good game!" Evon said, holding out his hand in the spirit of sportsmanship.

Turquoise looked down for a moment but then looked back up and shook Evon's hand. "That was a good match, Evon.", Turquoise replied. "I'll just have to train harder. Maybe we can battle again sometime."

"But don't you want to view the rest of the tournament? It's gonna be great! Plus, this means I'm off to the finals! Let's watch the next match!" With that, Evon excitedly ran up to the viewer's area.

Turquoise followed Evon and said "Yeah, the training can wait. I'll view the tournament with you. It will be fun and help me learn new strategies I can use next time."

Detsu slid down the roof onto the porch Gold was watching the battles in "Hey what do you say me and you battle?" His eyes glistened "We got two battles before your up to fight the champion that's plenty of time."

(OOC: Just realized you guys've been posting.)

"Aibo? Aibo where are you going?!" The Pokèmon had not only escaped it's Pokèball, but had started running down the stairs onto the second viewing plateau.

Gold chased after it, people quickly moving out of the way for the Champion.

He suddenly tripped, crashing into two boys (Evon and Detsu) and scraping a knee in the process.

He slowly got up, eyes still on the floor, he looked at them both.

"Ugh. Sorry!"

"Whoa, that's okay. Hey, aren't you supposed to be fighting down there? It's the last semi-finals, and I would at least expect that you would be competing. Are you?" Evon asked Gold.

"Yeah, I'll be battling after these guys wrap up. I suppose I got all wrapped up in the battles, and Aibo was trying to let me know."

He pulled a small tablet that showed updated the brackets out of his pocket.

"This is honestly pretty confusing. I'll be fighting..."

Turquoise then caught up to Evon. "Hey, where should we sit, Evon? Turquoise then noticed Gold. "Oh, are you battleing Evon next round?", Turquoise asked him.

"Yup! My next battle should be a breeze, so that means you'll be my challenger for the finals." Gold said with a smirk.

"Who am I facing now thou-"

An announcement echoed through the stadium.

"Will the challenging semifinalist and Champion Gold please head over the the Battling Plateau? The match will begin soon."

Gold picked up his Ambipom from the floor and waved to the duo.

"I better go, can't wait to challenge you Evon!"

Last edited:
Running down the stairs, showing his region ID on his Trainer Card to the officers, it was all a blur. As he stepped out into the blinding lights of the Plateau, a rush of adrenaline coursed through his blood.

"It's been a while."

(Ack, who am I fighting?!)

(It might take a while. I'll speed things up.)

"Oh, our apologizes." Came a voice, probably Nurse Joy,

"We have been notified that the semifinalist has left due to an urgent problem."

Gold's shoulders slumped. Three hours of waiting for nothing? Aibo made a sound of disagreement and disappointment.

"So will the finalist Evon please come down to the Plateau to face off against Gold?"

He'd get to fight after all! Aibo laughed and hugged Gold's hat.

Evon couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh, well. There goes my battle prep. Come on, guys!" Evon ran down the stairs, eager to battle. "Interesting turn of events. Okay, good luck. You're gonna need it." Smirking, Evon said; "You sent out your team first."

Gold laughed.

"Are you strong enough to take on the champion?"

He detached the two Pokeballs from the clips on his hoodie. One Dive ball, and one great ball.

Tossing them into the field, he shouted "Polibo! Sunbo!" (Sunflora and Politoad)

"Oho! Good choices! Come on, go Volter and Flareo!" With those words, Evon sent out a Jolteon and Flareon. "You see a weak point? Nope. My team can cover their bases well!"

Turquoise nearly jumped out of his seat as the battle begun. The turn of events really suprised him. "Both of you! Do your best!", Turquoise said from the seats.

Jolteon shook off the coat, and Flareon pulled it into the air, out of reach from Earthquake. "Maneuver 63!" Evon shouted. Flareo scattered fire everywhere, and Volter sent Thunderbolts everywhere. The field was a moving hazard, and the attacks were bashing Sunbo and Polibo.

"Get back Polibo! Sunbo! Use sunny day! Go EXBO! SLAM FLAREON TO THE GROUND AND HOLD IT DOWN!"

Typhlosion grabbed Flareon by the back of it's neck, before he jumped up high, and threw it down to the ground, as Exbo came crashing down on top of it.

"Hey! This is two-on-two!" Evon said. "Flareo, use FLAME BLAST!" Flareo unleashed a powerful burst of flame, sending Sunbo across the stadium, into the bleachers! "Now, maneuver 72!" Flareo slipped out from under Exbo and used Flare Charge, bumping back Exbo into Volter, who had extended it's fur in spikes. Might I mention, the tail was going towards Volter first? POINK! "Yowch." Evon said.

Exbo roared before turning around. The flame charge hadn't hurt him, but the spikes had startled Exbo. The hot sun powering up flame blast, he bathed Jolteon in searing flames. Before punching Volter across the stadium, denting a large steel pole.

"Dodge! and use tear down tactic!"

Exbo ran past the barrage of needles and heated up the base of the pole, ripping it down, the large light falling on top of Volter

Volter got up, smiling. Shaking off the lamp, he got back up... but then, a searing cold blast of water sent Exbo flying, almost making it faint. "Volter, stay back." Evon said. "Vapor, use Water Pulse, now!" Vapor launched a big water attack at Exbo, too big for it to dodge, and to powerful for it to tank with it's current HP. "Remember," Evon taunted, "No items."

Exbo managed to get more earth up, the sun weakening the water move,

"PETAL DANCE SUNBO!"

The thought-to-be-down Sunflora bust from the crowd, with all her energy.

The sun making the already killer move even stronger, petals surrounded Vapor, cutting into its skin, immobilizing the water-type, sucking out the energy.

"No! Va- wait a sec..." Evon smiled. Suddenly, the already weak Sunbo was blasted with fire from Volter's Mimic of Flareo's Flame Burst, KOing Sunbo. The Water Pulse landed, leaving Exbo with a sliver of health left. The crowd went wild.

Suddenly, Volter collapsed too.

"Destiny bond. Thanks Sunbo." Gold said, returning Sunbo

"Since it can't move, Exbo! Use the last of your strength to K.O. it with Extremespeed!"

Exbo rushed in, not as fast as Gold had hoped, hitting Vapor from all different sides.

It was too late. Vapor had a final Water Gun charged, instantly KOing Exbo, but it barely survived with one HP. "And with a mind-blowing finish, Evon and his Eevee Warriors win the finals, claiming victory at the Grand Coloseum Tourney!" Within seconds, the crowd erupted into cheers.

"Huh? That wasn't in the tournament registration form. It's only supposed to be two-on-two." Evon said. "That's what the rules said. A winner is declared if one person defeats two Pokemon of their opponent's team before he defeats his team." Suddenly, a man in a white coat stepped forward. "Those are the rules, Gold. Evon won." Evon couldn't believe his eyes. "P-professor Krane?"

"Gold. You must let others have their chance."

Professor Oak's words echoed as he bit his tongue. He was so embarrassed, but Oak had told him not to use even half of his strength. And "You can't use Mega Evolution." He whispered, mimicking Oak's voice.