• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shadow Mewtwo Appears In Pokkén Tournament

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Dark Mewtwo.png
Thanks to an update to Pokkén Tournament in Japanese arcades a new form of Mewtwo has been discovered in the game. The Mewtwo is known as Dark Mewtwo and acts as a sort of boss battle in the game.

Footage of a battle with Dark Mewtwo can be viewed below:
It's unlikely that Dark Mewtwo will appear outside of Pokkén Tournament, as the situation is likely the same is Primal Dialga from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games where the new form has been created just for the one title.

Update: The Pokémon Twitter has just updated to reveal that Dark Mewtwo is known as Shadow Mewtwo outside Japan, and will be featured in Pokken Tournament on Wii U:

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh look. It's a Mewtwo colorswap with an orange crystal jammed in its shoulder that spontaneously mutates into Mega Mewtwo X with some... more orange crystals and a background that looks like Roger Dean had Halloween candy food poisoning.

I wouldn't be surprised if ordinary Mewtwo/Mega Mewtwo X might happen as a playable character that requires beating this thing to unlock eventually.

Oh my grosh! I didn't know Pokkén Tournament was this serious! Gengar is creepy. But Mega Gengar is REAL creepy!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't be surprised if ordinary Mewtwo/Mega Mewtwo X might happen as a playable character that requires beating this thing to unlock eventually.

I was thinking something similar, only that I was pondering if we may see both the standard Mewtwo and this Shadow Mewtwo being playable - standard Mewtwo from the get-go and Shadow Mewtwo being unlockable. If such did happen, I could see oldschool Mewtwo mega evolving into Y form to offset Shadow Mewtwo evolving into X. ^^

Speculation aside, I quite like the concept of Shadow Mewtwo. It's very fighting game trope, which suits me just fine. The more I hear about this game, the more psyched I get for its release...