• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sem vs Red! Updated Feb 12th

Lasagna vs. Cheese Ravioli

• Lasanga

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Cheese Ravioli

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Lasanga

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Cheese Ravioli

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Right people. For those of you who don't know, Red and myself very often disagree on a plethora of things - most of which being food. Despite the fact that I'm better than he is at everything, I decided to make this thread in order to allow the people of Charms to show their support and allow us to win our many arguments fair and square.

You won't know which choice is my preference or which one is Red's, so you're all forced to be impartial and all that to keep things fair.

This week's match-up:

Lasagna vs. Cheese Ravioli

Heaven or Hell! Fight!

~~~~~~

Scoreboard:
Sem - 3
Red - 1

Also - why, yes, this is pretty much a spam thread, Feel free to talk about which of the two options you prefer. Why do you like one choice over the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sem vs Red!

Woo, Food!

Pancakes, mainly because when they're drenched in lemon juice they're so tasty! That and I don't think I've had waffles before.

EDIT: It's still Pancakes buddeh :/

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I am so gonna kick your ass, good sir. D:<

Also, it'll be good for our various arguments to be recorded so that we can throw them in each other's faces at later dates. ♥

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Why yes, yes it would be a good idea to record them :0

Also Blazi, you voted for waffles by mistake. You can change it.

I voted for waffles. It was a narrow victory, but I love the grid pattern and how it goes with chocolate sauce.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member

The pancake versus waffle thing is actually a more serious debate than you might think, because Kasson from Freezepop changed his preposterous stage name multiple times to reflect his changing allegiances! First he was The Duke of Candied Apples, which was a stupid name that Sean made up, but then they went on tour to Belgium and he became The Duke of Belgian Waffles. This lasted over a year, until they went to Amsterdam, where he had pannekoeken (Dutch pancakes), and changed his name to The Duke of Pannekoeken. Yes, indeed.

Said Kasson is now perhaps more famous as the Project Lead for Rock Band 2 and Kinect Dance Central, and as "the guy who danced badly" at E3. I highly recommend watching his interviews, because he's very intelligent and pretty.

Anyway - I have to say that in general I have no particular preference for pancakes or waffles, it entirely depends on my mood. Pancakes are more versatile, because you can have savoury pancakes. (Not so much the fat American pancakes, but crêpes or pannekoeken certainly come in savoury styles). Pancakes are also much easier to make - just mix the stuff up and put it in a pan. But waffles have a better mouth feel, and work better with chocolate sauce. I have picked an answer for the sake of the poll based on how I feel TODAY.

...I might change it tomorrow ;).

baratron said:
(Not so much the fat American pancakes, but crêpes or pannekoeken certainly come in savoury styles)

...Eeh,ze Dutch are famous for their pannekoeken. I love them, personally, and I prefer them over waffles. Although Belgian waffles,with whipped cream and warm cherries are mouthwatering, I'm going with tradition here~

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

I voted Waffles, because they are nommy ♥

Those really thick, belgian, sugar-filled ones are just to die for. While I do like pancakes, I find that they get sickly really quickly. So yes, I voted Waffles~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Waffles are awesome. Pancakes make me feel sick after awhile. Waffles ♥.

♥ waffles, pancakes suck because the last time I had a pancake I was sick. Banana and waffles with chocolate sauces are yummy! This thread is a good idea but it might influence others to make threads like this! (Luke vs Tun for instance although Tunny would win because she is awesome :3) I really like that you have a friendly rivalry going here! GO RED!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

DJ Luke said:
I really like that you have a friendly rivalry going here!

Friendly? O.o Sem and I couldn't be anything more than catty and petty when it comes to this rivalry... >:T

That being said, ILU Sem. >:3

Also, a whole lot of ya'll get sick from Pancakes. O_O

Waffles. They taste better and don't have a load of strange names. Plus they look funneh. And I prefer heaven to hell.
GO TEAM SEM! Better keep that to myself... :3

It largely depends on my mood, but I have no preference for one over the other really. For the purposes of this thread though, I'm more in a pancake mood (especially IHOP pancakes ♥) so that'll be my vote.

I'm not big on either of them, really. I have low tolerance for sweet things unless I'm in the mood for them, but I just dislike breakfast foods in general (in the US they're both breakfast, I know that other places, like the UK waffles are dessert or something).

I chose waffles though because of the Invader Zim episode entitled ZIM EATS WAFFLES. Waffles have nothing to do with the episode, really, but that was literally why I chose waffles at this particular moment.

PS: for future reference, anything that Sem dislikes I will like just to spite him D:< because we're mortal enemies BESTEST FRIENDS :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Yamato-kun said:
PS: for future reference, anything that Sem dislikes I will like just to spite him D:< because we're mortal enemies BESTEST FRIENDS :'D

Amen to that. :'D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

This is why I'm not revealing which one I like! Because of hateful people like you D:<

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

American 'pancakes' aren't real pancakes. I do love a nice sweet sugar waffle thingy though. Especially with ice cream and chocolate and stuff. And it has to be warm. A very nummy desert.

You are extremely observant Darkie but that might not be the case, i've seen waffles go up quite a few times and not everyone who voted has posted aswell so this could be totally unpredictable although it's 50:50 I only hope Red likes waffles

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Red and I aren't voting ;P So in other words it wasn't me

Pancakes for me. And I mean actual Pancakes, not my mother's poor excuse for, well, what ever that is. Don't get me wrong, she is a good cook and can make almost anything taste good, but I have to say, her pancakes don't look right 0_0

ANyway, actual pancakes yes. I love em. I love waffles too, but you can make sandwhiches with pancakes (at least to me you can). Anyway, no offense to whoever of you two liked waffles ^^;

There's a reason the song begins with Waffles >:o
Waffles are really versatile. You can have them savoury, sweet or OHMAILAWD THASSA LOADA CHOCOLATE *ahemawkwardturtle*
You can never get enough good quality pancakes where I live anyway :<

An interesting topic, a vote-fight between the knight and the aquamor.

I vote pancakes because they're more fun to make. Because you don't really do much when you stick it in a grill and let it do the rest for you. Pancakes are by far a more fun food to make, bake, and eat.

Brendan Savem said:
An interesting topic, a vote-fight between the knight and the aquamor.

I vote pancakes because they're more fun to make. Because you don't really do much when you stick it in a grill and let it do the rest for you. Pancakes are by far a more fun food to make, bake, and eat.

I vote in pancakes because of that (since I have eaten none), and I hope this is the one Sem likes. You guys shouldn't hate him, he's only doing his job! I mean, yeah, Sem scares the hell out of me, and if he post in a thread I started or right after me I'll cry thinking he'll ban me, but it's good to see his not a evil heartless computer. Even if you're taking this thread seriously, you need a lot of sense of humor to make a thread like this. And I also prefer him than some medieval-batman-red. At least I know Sem :3.

And pancakes may make people sick, but the same goes for hot chocolate. The better the taste, the worst will be the reaction of our body. Everyone know that.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Semmy is lovely and full of love~

And Red is a wonderful and valiant knight~

That is all~

Oh, and yes, the Waffles has to be warm, like Alex said. Warm and nommy ♥

Waaaflez~ ♥ With blueberries, syrup, and nommy sugar... I cannot resist he delicious items of loooove~~

I mea, I like pancakes, but they're a little too... Fluffy. I like the slight crisp that a well-done waffle offers.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

snetonobre said:
I vote in pancakes because of that (since I have eaten none), and I hope this is the one Sem likes. You guys shouldn't hate him, he's only doing his job! I mean, yeah, Sem scares the hell out of me, and if he post in a thread I started or right after me I'll cry thinking he'll ban me, but it's good to see his not a evil heartless computer. Even if you're taking this thread seriously, you need a lot of sense of humor to make a thread like this. And I also prefer him than some medieval-batman-red. At least I know Sem :3.

Nobody hates Sem...I think. >> (And stop using scare tactics, Sem! D:<)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I'm not! I would never ever manipulate anyone to my advantage like that...

Sorry team waffles but pancakes are the way to go because of their soft texture. When they soak up their sauce they don't get an icky feel, they just become perfect. You can also eat pancakes with no sauce without having to chew so much that you hurt your jaw. Also, the grid pattern on waffles makes them impossible to eat in a stack.

But then again there is always the third unspoken option:

Do you like waffles? (Yeah, we like waffles!)
Do you like pancakes? (Yeah, we like pancakes!)
Do you like french toast? (No one likes french toast! D8)
Doo doo doo doo can't wait to get a mouth full.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I prefer french toast to waffles and pancakes actually, but this thread isn't about french toast so nyeh

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I do love French Toast as well, and we have it every year as Brunch on Christmas morning. That's really the only time I have French Toast each year, but that makes it all the more special and amazing. :3

"Nobody hates Sem...I think. >> (And stop using scare tactics, Sem! D:<)"

Sem doesn't use scary tactics... I just can't stand being wrong (I'm too prideful), and that's normally what moderators and admins say to you :'(.

Sir Red said:
I do love French Toast as well, and we have it every year as Brunch on Christmas morning. That's really the only time I have French Toast each year, but that makes it all the more special and amazing. :3
Sem said:
I prefer french toast to waffles and pancakes actually, but this thread isn't about french toast so nyeh
DING-DING-DING! WE HAVE A MATCH!! (<< >>)

In any case, I don't know what side Sem's on, and I'd rather don't. He could be pancakes, or he could be waffles, even if the real answer is the non-existant option of French Toast(a). We're not supposed to know...

And a question for our hosts, is this just a one time thing, or is it going to be something you'll do weekly or something like that?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sem & Red and wrong. French toast isn't that great. I like it less than pancakes. =[

I never even had french toast! Anyway, I had pancakes for breakfast this morning because i've only ever tried them once and I was about 17 or something, they don't make me sick anymore! Waffles are still better though! No comment on whether Sem is scary or not because... I wouldn't even like to think about it...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Brendan said:
And a question for our hosts, is this just a one time thing, or is it going to be something you'll do weekly or something like that?

Aye, a weekly deal, or we'll try to at least. Red and I will have to discuss what will be next.