• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Scion RP: Demigods and Titanspawn

Recently I started looking into this neat little tabletop RPG called Scion, essentially it's Dungeons and Dragons, but instead of random adventurers, you play as children of a god of various pantheons from around the world. A list of them can be found here: boop

It's been a while since I've RP'd and I've been wanting to make writing an important part of my life again. So if it sounds interesting feel free to ask about jumping in. I figure a few people would be good. I'll post the opening of the RP on the appropriate board. If you feel like posting a character bio here, that's fine. I'll put a brief one as well:

Name: Valentin LaPomeret
Godly Parent: Baron Samedi, Loa Pantheon
Bio: Valentin was raised in New Orleans by his mother, but Baron Samedi was an active participant in raising him, although the deity was not always there as he had numerous other duties to attend to and undoubtedly more scions out in the world. Despite this, Baron Samedi often spent the day with Valentin as often as he could, but Valentin was unhappy with only being able to spend such shorts amount of time with his father and grew distant as he got older and his powers began to manifest. The dead began to seek him out, often asking him to deliver messages to living relatives or loved ones, sometimes asking him to help them move on by helping them find peace or vengeance. Eventually Valentin was able to harness his abilities as well as his otherworldly charm; a trait inherited from his father. Despite being a death god, Baron Samedi saw death as one big party and had a charisma and confidence that would shame even the most powerful humanity had to offer. This led Valentin to a successful career in politics, serving on New Orleans city council, as well as a much more lucrative side career as a professional gambler and all around debaucher-er.

Really there isn't much else that won't be answered in the opening post of the RP, so I figure that's as good as anything. SO YEAH, there ya go :)

Name: Jasper Heart
Godly Parent: Hades, Dodekatheon Pantheon
Bio: Born and raised in a seaside town in England he always had his father's servants around him, telling him about his father and educating him on how he must behave should he ever come in contact with his father's wife, Persephone. He was always careful of his emotions. One time he got so scared he made almost everything within 10 miles wither and die. Thankfully the gods persuaded the country that it was acid rain that killed the fields and an oil spill that killed the sea life.

Jasper's ability to communicate with the dead enabled him to become a world class forensic scientist, being able to ask the dead who the killer was.

Name: Nezahualcoyotl Barros (Nickname: Coyote)
Goldy Parent: Atlacoya, Atzlánti Pantheon
Bio: Nezahualcoyotl was named indirectly by his mother, a name his father didn't like very much. After being told the name "fasting coyote", the nickname "Coyote" was born. Atlacoya was never legitimately present in Coyote's life, though she was during infancy. His form looks deprived of water and food, very skinny and almost bony, but he's completely healthy. His form has been said to look very feminine by those around him in his hometown, Oaxaca City. Due to his godly lineage, he was granted an ability. This ability, however, was not favorable. It was the ability to drain water from things, making them shrivel up and dehydrate, and effectively killing them. It seemed to have been tied to his mental state, as during a panic attack, things around him start to lose water. He has gained a slight control over it, being able to drain a target of water, but only with immense amounts of focus. This power of his has lead those around him to refuse to give him any form of work. He's become a sort of wanderer, in a sense.

I dunno whether or not appearances even matter, but I'mma put a picture that I think is close in a spoiler.
60b5a3217b11a50e69655cf0f08772f3.jpg

Hey, looks good you can go ahead and post a reply in the thread. Usually I don't use images for character appearance and just describe them in the RP but I don't see a problem with it :)

Name: Shikhov Mirogod Igorevich
Godly Parent: Baba Yaga, Allied Pantheon
BIO: The old gods and the new could not contain the spiritual energy within young Shikhov. No one could tell what was wrong with the poor child, but the winds of winter that howled on the day of his birth, determined that he was to lead a poor life. On the run from both nazi and allied forces alike, Shikhov and his mother found themselves lost in the cold dead of night. His mother, trying to make a fire, soon gave up. As the cold and hunger descended upon them, she began to look at her baby boy the way a starving lion looks upon fresh meat. Before she could descend upon the frozen child, she soon felt warm relief. Looking down, she noticed that she had been set ablaze. A searing pain shot through her as green flames consumed her flesh. The burnt corpse fell to the ground. Though only a babe, Shikhov would never forget the sickly sweet smell of cooked flesh. The arson in question, Baba Yaga, couldn't let good baby meat get devoured by a starving deathly woman. However, when she picked up the child, she noticed the immense power coming from the boy. So began the odd life of now 76 year old Shikhov Mirogod Igorevich, and his training in the old hag art of witchcraft.

Last edited:
Name : Yí Xíng (goes by the name Shift)

Godly parent : Sun Wukong, Celestial Bureaucracy pantheon

Bio : given the Name Yí Xíng at birth, which translates into "Shape Shifter", Shift spent a great deal of his Childhood with his mother at their peach farm in the middle east, only after his 10th birth day did his father, the monkey king, start to be around him, causing some mischief here and there before his father has to leave again, he has inherited his father's shape shifting ability and has managed to shape shift into one of 6 different animals depending on his mood and emotions, becoming a Honey badger, a tiger, a big tortoise, a bull, a Baboon or an Eagle.
His great knowledge and wisdom, especially on animal and plant life, has allowed him to earn a job as the host of an animal and plant life documentary show, he also manages to help his mother at her honey and Jam store from time to time

Sorry I've not posted yet, guys. My internet is down and they can't get someone out to fix it until Wednesday. I'm posting this from my phone, and I'm gonna try and write up a post from my phone but it doesn't work too well. Latest I'll post is Wednesday night.