• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Rate the new Team!

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
So, OU Team.

Smeargle@Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Spore
-Sticky Web
-Spikes
-Heal Order

A fairly normal Smeargle lead, with the unexpected exception (try saying that 10 times fast) of Heal Order, which heals Smeargle by 50% of its max HP, so I can does more hazards.

Amoonguss@Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
-Clear Smog
-Giga Drain
-Spore
-Synthesis

The special wall of the team. Amoonguss whittles down opponent's HP with Giga Drain while using Spore to keep it asleep.

Skarmory@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
-Whirlwind
-Drill Peck
-Iron Defense
-Stealth Rock

A fairly standard lead set. Skarmory is the backup lead in case Smeargle dies too early.

Scizor@Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Aerial Ace
-Roost

Standard dangerse MScizor sweeper. The physical sweeper of the team.

Chandelure@Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 242 SpA / 4 SpD
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Memento

The team's special sweeper. Pretty standard Chandelure, but once it gets really low, I can use Memento or I can use one last attack. Depends on what Chandelure died to.

Rhyperior@Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
-Earthquake
-Double-Edge
-Hammer Arm
-Iron Head

A filler. The Talonflame counter of the team.

Rate!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Right off the bat on Smeargle, I'd say no to Heal Order. Spore hardly justifies its use on the set at all due to how frail Smeargle is, so Heal Order won't buy him any extra time at all. You're better off with some kind of suicide move like Destiny Bond (NOT Explosion) so that Smeargle can take down his attacker after he's set up his hazards.

Amoonguss is an odd choice outside of doubles, but he can work in the right situation. If his performance proves lackluster however, drop him for Mega Venusaur and give Scizor a different item.

Skarmory doesn't need Iron Defense at all. Roost is a far better move on this set in its place.

Scizor's moveset and EV spread do not match up at all. You're running a sweeper EV spread and item, outright say you're using it for sweeping yet your moveset contains Aerial Ace and Roost. You'd be better served dropping these moves for Superpower and Swords Dance if you want a sweeper.

Air Balloon on Chandelure isn't too great since it has a plethora of other weaknesses that can be hit instead, and most Pokemon packing Ground-type moves are likely to be carrying another move that will murder you anyway (Rock-type moves being the most obvious.) You're better off with a Life Orb or something here.

Finally I find it quite funny that your "Talonflame counter" isn't even bothering to run a Rock-type move that it would otherwise get STAB on. That ought to be rectified and I'd drop either Iron Head or Double-Edge for either Stone Edge or Rock Slide (Stone Edge is better overall but Rock Slide is a lot more reliable in a pinch.)