• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Problem with faces in posts

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
:?Er. . . this is kinda minor, but it's annoying.

Whenever I try to create a face using the thing in the top bar, it goes to the front of the post automatically. That face at the front was attempted to be put after "automatically." So yeah. Derp.

well :love: I'm not sure what the problem is here :arr: but it could be an issue either with your browser :p, operating system >:D, or both.:halo:

:o Alternatively, you should double-check that you have the (sorry I actually have no clue what the thing is called that shows where text is currently being input) thing 8) is in fact where you want the emoticon to be.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Hmmm. . . My Web browser is just Google Chrome, and this computer's always worked fine. And yes, I do have the (It's called the cursor) in the right place. Weird.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Does it work if you put the cursor (i.e., click) about six spaces in front of where you want the smilie to go? I may have encountered this before.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I smell JavaScript-related shenanigans. I'll see if I can make this problem happen to me and get back to you. :)