• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Post your X/Y questions here! (NO STORY SPOILERS)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
So, the idea of this thread is to ask questions which other forum members might be able to answer about changes to gameplay in X/Y, or where particular Pokemon or items are. Feel free to post questions, answer other people's questions, or both.

Do NOT post story-related spoilers.

Here's my first question:
Where *is* the Name Rater in X/Y?

I was originally going to ask where the Move Deleter and Remember are, but I eventually found them. Now I'm asking where I can get additional heart scales from. I made some poor choices in movesets along the way

If anyone wants an easy time getting Evolution Stones(especially a Dusk Stone!), use Super Training. If you go into Super Training using a fully EV trained Pokemon, you unlovk the Secret Training Regiment. Each indiviual training session gived you a chance to net their respective Evolution Stone, with the Dusk Stone being available for regiment #6.

I was originally going to ask where the Move Deleter and Remember are, but I eventually found them. Now I'm asking where I can get additional heart scales from. I made some poor choices in movesets along the way

I've gotten several using rock smash on cracked boulders, mostly on the beach over by Ambrette Town/Route 8, not sure if location makes any difference or not. A bit tedious considering all the possibilities coming out of rock smashing, but its the best source I've found thus far.

Does anyone know how to battle a specific person over long distance? I've wanted to battle a few friends of mine across the pond, but we have no idea how find each other.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone know how to battle a specific person over long distance? I've wanted to battle a few friends of mine across the pond, but we have no idea how find each other.
Same as always: Add each other's 3DS friend codes, which is accessible in the main 3DS menu. Orange button of a smiley face. Add each other, then you'll show up in the Friends list in the PSS. :)

baratron

Staff member
Thanks, Kraisia :blush:.

Seeing as you now get EXP for catching Pokemon, I've been trying to catch at least one of everything since there's no reason not to. So I'm looking for a Pokemon that can learn False Swipe. I've already been told Marowak (Cubone is in Glittering Cave), but that's a little bit ahead of where I am. Bulbapedia also confirms Beedrill, Farfetch'd, Pancham, and Honedge - although they require the TM, and I don't know where that is.

So, I either want a Pokemon who learns False Swipe by level up, or I need to know the location of the TM.

Also, where can you get the cheap healing items: Fresh Water, Soda Pop, Lemonade, and Moomoo Milk? Apparently Moomoo Milk is sold by a Hex Maniac in "one of the later towns, the one with the windmill if memory serves", but a name would be helpful :).

Also, since half the people on our chat want to know, is anyone certain how to get into the "stylish" boutique on Vernal Avenue? Currently we think you have to eat at both of the restaurants (not cafes) and talk to Viola, but some people have done that and are still not "stylish" enough.

Recommendations:
@Teapot recommends Hawlucha as an HM slave Pokemon - it can learn Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Fly. Rock Smash isn't an HM any more, but it's useful for finding fossils.

@112% Elusive discovered that to get Magneton to evolve into Magnezone, you have to level up on Route 13 (i.e. near the Power Plant).

I discovered that Fennekin can breed with Torchic, but not Charmander. (Waiting for the eggs to hatch to see what moves they got).

For False Swipe, I can't remember exactly where but I know it was early on, I fairly sure it was someone in Lumiose. Sorry I can't be more exact I've slept since then x.x

I saw a person selling Soda Pop in Cyllage for 300, haven't seen the rest yet.

baratron

Staff member
For False Swipe, I can't remember exactly where but I know it was early on, I fairly sure it was someone in Lumiose. Sorry I can't be more exact I've slept since then x.x
See, that's part of what's confusing me. I definitely remember someone talking about False Swipe and how it works, but I don't have the TM itself.

I discovered that Fennekin can breed with Torchic, but not Charmander. (Waiting for the eggs to hatch to see what moves they got).
Checking against a list of Gen V information, this means that Fennekin isn't in Dragon or Monster Egg groups, but is in Field. That is, if the Egg groups haven't changed.

See, that's part of what's confusing me. I definitely remember someone talking about False Swipe and how it works, but I don't have the TM itself.

Did a little digging to go along with what i remembered for where to get it, seems the assistant on the 3rd Floor of the pokelab (where you meet Sycamore) in Lumiose, gives it to you.

While i was looking for leads on the bits i remembered I pulled this up; walkthru video that shows it being obtained, at time 8:50 on the video: http://www.marriland.com/pokemon-xy/walkthrough/cliff-badge/4955-lumiose-city

Hopefully that helps you track it down =)

baratron

Staff member
Did a little digging to go along with what i remembered for where to get it, seems the assistant on the 3rd Floor of the pokelab (where you meet Sycamore) in Lumiose, gives it to you.
Ahh, brilliant. That's why I remember someone talking about it but didn't have it! I got the Kanto starter and saved, then did a bit more stuff in that building, then got hit with a wave of tiredness and quit without saving. I remembered to go back to 2F, but didn't remember there was anything else on 3F.

Mulch and Berry Growing:
Oran x 3 or Pecha x 3 makes Surprise Mulch. Apparently this "induces surprise mutations" in the berries. Hmm. I've heard rumours about it being affected by the berries that are planted next to the tree that has the mulch applied, but that's as much as I know. @.@

Oran + 2 Pecha makes Boost Mulch. This supposedly boosts the number of berries you get from the tree. I have a few trees with it applied, and a few control trees of the same type, planted at the same time. We shall see :).

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was originally going to ask where the Move Deleter and Remember are, but I eventually found them.

That's actually what I'm trying to figure out right now. I'm sure I'll locate it shortly myself if I just play a bit more but if people don't mind sharing the information, where can I find the Move Relearner? Please and thank you. ^^;

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Linkachu @Brendan Savem They show up on your map once you go to the cities for the first time, but: The Move Deleter and Reminder are in Dendemille Town. There's also a tutor in Laverre, and the Name Rater is in Camphrier Town in the Pokémon Centre.