• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

possible type combos?

(hopefully this isnt already an active thread but) what are some type combos you guys are looking forward to in gen vii ? personally im really interested in a steel/fairy type knight with good defenses/status moves. i plan on sketching out a concept for it one of these days but thats for another thread haha

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Dark/electric. I dunno, it's a typing I always wanted to play around with, like an electric thingie that creates blackouts for fun. Also ice/electric, as they're both my favorite types in the game XD And in that same vein, ice/fairy. A fae of ice would be cool :o

I'm rather disappointed that Mismagius didn't become ghost/fairy in XY, but yeah. That's definitely another type combination I want.

I think it would be cool to see a water/poison type pokemon. Like maybe a platypus pokemon and/or A ground/fighting pokemon based on a kangaroo perhaps. One other type combo I would like to see someday is a maybe a fire/fairy type.

I would really love to see an Ice/Electric type Pokemon in Gen VII. I've always wanted this type combination, I just think it sounds so cool. Game Freak could make an epic Pokemon with this type, like an arctic fox Pokemon that can generate electricity or something like that.
Another type combination I have always wanted is Fighting/Dragon. I'd be stoked if they introduced a Pokemon with that type.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I want a Bug/Dragon, gog damnit. And a Grass/Dragon that isn't a mega evolution of something else.

Also, yes, more Fairy combinations would be nice, now that Fairies are an actual thing.

Also, Water/Poison already exists in the form of Tentacool/Tentacruel, Qwilfish and Skrelp. <<

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I would really love to see an Ice/Electric type Pokemon in Gen VII. I've always wanted this type combination, I just think it sounds so cool. Game Freak could make an epic Pokemon with this type, like an electric plasma ghost living inside a freezer.

rotom-frost.jpg

Huh, how 'bout that.

After seeing a rather hilarious experiment gone wrong in one of my science classes back when I was at school that involved two electrodes being switched onto full power in a chemical liquid compound, resulting in a rather violent reaction where the liquid turned an ugly shade of green and began belching out chlorine gas, I'm somewhat partial to seeing Electric/Poison in a future generation. With Levitate of course.

anything/poison usually leads to interesting combos, so an electric/poison would definitely be cool!
normal/ghost type could be kinda neat, a Schrodinger's Cat type of thing maybe?

Ghostly-Hedgehog

Formerly Colleen
I would love to see a fire\fairy type so bad. Maybe It could be based on a pegasus or could be a mega evolution for Rapidash with the levitate ability.
Another type combo I would like to see is either poison\steel themed around doctors needles or something like that.
A fairy\fighting type would also be something I would want to see. It would be hard to take down in competitive with my team tho >_<

I like to see a Grass-Fairy typing since Flabébé, Floette, and Florges didn't get that typing! I mean hello, grass is like a prettier version of flowers? Or maybe like a Mega-Evolution of Meganium since it's green and pink! :D

I dunno 'bout you guys, but I haven't seen an Electric/Psychic type.. Or Electric/Dark ( though Luxray fits that design perfectly if you ask me, but GameFreak is GameFreak..)..

Oh, and there are a lot of type combos that aren't used.. maybe around 40..... So realllyyyy much... Not bothering to type them all out.

Oh and a pure Flying type.. Only Thornadus is pure flying, but he is a Legendary.. I know it's not a type combination, but y'know whatever.. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I really want to see a Dragon/Fighting-type, preferably as a pseudo-legendary. As long as it gets good stats in Attack and Speed it doesn't really matter though. A Fairy/Dragon would be pretty nifty too.

Dragon/Ice exists in the form of Kyurem, and Grass/Dragon exists in the form of Mega Sceptile. Not that i'd mind seeing this type combination on non-legendaries/non-megas, but it is a thing.

Honestly, people, look things up before posting. @_@

sorry, i completely forgot about them

on topic my second choice would be a ghost/fighting type

Hydroblade

Formerly Magic Jack
Ive always wanted to see a grass/dragon type (outside of Sceptiles mega evolution, that is) i dunno, ive just always been intrigued by the idea of a grass dragon