• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokkén Tournament Headed To Wii U Spring 2016

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
208156_Pokken.png
The Pokémon World Championships have just begun today and during the opening ceremony it has been announced that Pokkén Tournament will be coming to the Wii U and released worldwide in Spring 2016.
A new trailer for the game was shown, and can be seen below, and while it didn't show off a great deal of new stuff it did confirm that Pikachu Libre will be included in the game as a playable fighter.

The game will be playable in its arcade form at Worlds and a tournament of the game will be streamed over the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as the trailer shows gameplay from the arcade, and the fact that Wii U will probably not handle this game well due to the Wii U's processing power. Also didn't Bandai Namco cancel Project Cars due to the fact the Wii U couldn't handle it?

About time we see this game in its full glory coming over to our own gaming stations. This'll definitely be a top tier seller due to now everyone getting the jitters for it. I'm just wondering if it'll have around the same popularity and monetary value as Smash Brothers, and/or if it'll just be one game or will it turn into a series?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Seeing as the trailer shows gameplay from the arcade, and the fact that Wii U will probably not handle this game well due to the Wii U's processing power. Also didn't Bandai Namco cancel Project Cars due to the fact the Wii U couldn't handle it?

I wouldn't worry too much. It's obvious that the game was always destined for a Wii U release, therefore was likely built with the Wii U in mind, so Bandai Namco would have considered issues like that along the way. It'll probably run just fine.

But as for the announcement itself... I was anticipating a new main series RPG reveal but this is definitely a fair trade off. Spring worldwide release is awesome news. Completely stoked for this game. Next up - bring on the Amiibo! ^__^

Here I thought it would be landing only at Dave and Busters! This is news too me I better correct what I told my friend in my last text about this. Lol!