• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokePark 2 and Mewtwo event revealed

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
pokepark2.jpg

Although the original PokePark game for the Wii was surprisingly enjoyable, you'd have been hard pressed to consider the idea of a sequel, let alone one for an otherwise dead platform such as the Wii. Yet, here we are.

Read More

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
PokePark 2 doesn't make sense if that's the game that would be announced on Sunday. Gamefreak don't work on spin off games and they didn't work on the first Pokepark one.

And the Mewtwo event alone isn't enough to have Junichi Masuda there imo. Guess we'll see on Sunday or maybe the 3DS press thing tomorrow will give something else away.

Really I'm being fussy because I wanted Grey. xD

Pokepark 2? The first one came out just over a year ago! (almost 2 years in Japan)

This is a bit of a let down really, with all the other expectations we had for what the game. Although I do see why they would want to add Generation V to the game, especially with its popularity amongst small children (and nobody else). Though I'm willing to keep my eyes open to find out what this game has that needs Junichi to come out and introduce it himself. Maybe it will be better than we expect.

Although I am curious about the Mewtwo event, if it is also to tie in with the anime then I am hoping that it's the Mewtwo. It would make some sense. Since after Mewtwo Returns, Mewtwo once more disappeared to some far-off place. Unova is pretty far away from Johto, so it could be that he's chilling in Nimbasa City somewhere.

If it's not the same Mewtwo, then I have a feeling that Team Plasma are involved. Since Plasma are known to meddle with genetics, as seen with the TP2 Lab and Genosect. It would be possible that Team Plasma made a Mewtwo of their very own. Though if the event starts in late September, then it means that we won't have to wait too long to find out.

Well, this is certainly a shocker. Technically the rumors of an RPG with Battle Revolution graphics were right....just not in the right way :I But I'll get it regardless because I'm a fanboy :p

But, as far as the Mewtwo....Its making wheels turn in my head. I seriously doubt they would introduce him into the anime or any movie or special ALREADY. It just seems...nevermind. Perhaps a hint for something in the future~ or perhaps just a way far off guess :X

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
The thing about Mewtwo being in the anime interests me a great deal, although at the minute the story doesn't seem to be building up to bringing Mewtwo in. =[

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I definitely agree with what others have said. PokePark was an alright game but it sure wasn't groundbreaking. If its sequel truly is the big surprise reveal it's pretty dang anti-climactic. :p

As for the Mewtwo Anime special, I'd like to hope it is the same Mewtwo. Its character will feel cheapened otherwise. The mirage Pokemon thing made sense, but a completely new Mewtwo just wouldn't. Regardless, I'm looking forward to watching the special. :)

I don't really understand why they are making a second Pokepark I actually got rather bored of the original one rather fast and didn't really have that good a story line :/ It was Pikachu bullying other pokemon into being its friend which makes no sense what so ever