• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon TV App Released + CoroCoro Round-Up

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Today has certainly been an exciting day for Pokémon fans with the early CoroCoro leaks bringing us the reveal of a brand new Pokémon, but as the day has gone on even more news has come to light - both from CoroCoro and an exciting announcement from the Pokémon Company about a brand new App.

PokmonTV_zps9d032f20.jpg

Likely the biggest news to come after today's reveal of the new Eeveelution is the Pokémon Company revealing and releasing internationally their brand new App for iOS and Android systems. The App mimics the idea of the Pokémon TV page on Pokemon.com which allows users to watch a selection of Pokémon episodes from across all the seasons of the Pokémon anime. Like with the website the episodes will be changed over weekly, so there should always be something to please everyone whether you're a fan of the old or new episodes of Pokémon.

To kick things off in style it has also been announced that Pokémon fans will be able to watch the 15th Pokémon movie,Pokémon - Kyurem vs The Sword of Justice, via the new app from the 15th of February until the 18th. The Pokémon short shown before the 15th movie in Japan will also be shown on the 15th of February and has the dub title of Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade.

The App is live to download for free for both iOS and Android right now, so you have little reason not to go download it. If you want to watch the official trailer for the App, then you can find it right here.

414px-CoroCoro_March_2013_p57_zpsd9597a1d.png

Heading back to today's CoroCoro leaks (but still sticking with anime news) it was revealed that the N arc of Pokémon Best Wishes: 2 will be coming to an end in April with a three part episode arc. No clues have been given as to what the anime will do once this arc finishes up.

In movie news, the 16th Pokémon movie has undergone a bit of a name change with CoroCoro revealing that the movie will now be going by the title of Extremespeed Genesect and the Reawakening of Mewtwo. While no new details have been given about the movie, we can now safely assume that Mewtwo will be playing a leading role alongside Genesect.

800px-Scrambleu_zpsb778c2ae.png

Lastly, but by no means least, CoroCoro also revealed a brand new Pokémon game for the Nintendo Wii U system. The game will be the third in the Pokémon Rumble series of games and will go by the title Pokémon Rumble U. Like the originalPokémon Rumble game for the Nintendo Wii, the game will only be released as a downloadable title.

The game will be released in Japan during Spring and will feature Pokémon from the current five generations. It will also support up to four players playing at a time and can have up to 100 Pokémon battling it out at once.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I downloaded the Pokemon TV app yesterday. Can't wait to watch the Meloetta short via it. :D

That's interesting news regarding the N arc too. I'd assumed that they would be drawing it out until next October. I really hope that whatever comes next is handled like a proper plotline and not just a bunch of random episodes. Both the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier were great spin-off sagas and I'd love to see another mini-arc emulate their style.

Mewtwo is coming back for another movie? I gotta say, I didn't see that one happening. That makes me a helluva lot more interested in movie 16 than I previously was.

As for the Pokemon Rumble Wii U game announcement: yay. Even if it's not quite the Wii U game I'd been hoping for, it's nice knowing that something Pokemon related is coming to the console later this year. My younger sisters really enjoyed playing Pokemon Rumble on the Wii so I'm sure they'll be excited to hear about this new one too. The 3DS version was too restrictive with its co-op gameplay.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
I downloaded the Pokemon TV app yesterday. Can't wait to watch the Meloetta short via it. :D

Aye, same. After the Eeveelution news this was certainly my favourite news story, the app is a little buggy right now, but for a free legit way to watch Pokémon episodes I'm happy. ^^

Linkachu said:
That's interesting news regarding the N arc too. I'd assumed that they would be drawing it out until next October. I really hope that whatever comes next is handled like a proper plotline and not just a bunch of random episodes. Both the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier were great spin-off sagas and I'd love to see another mini-arc emulate their style.

I thought we'd at least make it to late May/early June with this arc, but I guess they have something bigger in store. At least I really hope they have some bigger in story, random episodes until October would really suck. Another arc like the Orange Islands would be pretty awesome and maybe they could even show off a small amount of the new Pokémon later on (if the new Eeveelution is going in the Pokémon short, they could get away with putting a few in the anime~).

Linkachu said:
Mewtwo is coming back for another movie? I gotta say, I didn't see that one happening. That makes me a helluva lot more interested in movie 16 than I previously was.

Same, purely because Genesect doesn't interest me all that much and I'm fond of Mewtwo, even if it turns out not to be the same Mewtwo we've seen in the past. I'm hoping for a big Team Plasma and Genesect vs. Team Rocket and Mewtwo plot, which would be really really awesome. I hope Pokémon Smash brings a new trailer. :)

The Mastermind special had a virtual reality Mewtwo so I suspect this is not the real Mewtwo either. Probably another illusion or fake version.

As for the end of BW, they probably have some final tournament for Ash planned and then the departures of Iris, Cilan and possibly Team Rocket from the anime. Granted there's a small possibility of Cilan staying but I can see the writers getting rid of everyone again for the next arc. I can't see them dragging a character in the series forever like the way both Misty and Brock were handled badly after early Johto.

Very excited to see the new Eevee form in motion too.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
precita said:
As for the end of BW, they probably have some final tournament for Ash planned and then the departures of Iris, Cilan and possibly Team Rocket from the anime.
Now, I'm no expert on the anime by any stretch of the imagination, but they haven't gotten rid of Team Rocket in fifteen years. Why would they start now? :?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Teapot said:
precita said:
As for the end of BW, they probably have some final tournament for Ash planned and then the departures of Iris, Cilan and possibly Team Rocket from the anime.
Now, I'm no expert on the anime by any stretch of the imagination, but they haven't gotten rid of Team Rocket in fifteen years. Why would they start now? :?

Team Rocket's future is much more iffy than it used to be. Throughout Best Wishes we saw them less and less, and they weren't around whatsoever during the Unova League episodes (a first for the series). Overall their importance as characters just isn't what it used to be. They've been protagonists since day one but were also very obviously main characters too. Nowadays they're moreso just reoccurring protagonists. Time will tell what their fate is~

Teapot said:

The same could have been said about Brock before BW started, and 10 years ago about Misty.

I never saw anyone other than Ash/Pikachu as permanent fixtures of the anime. The writers have been slowly but surely writing out all of the other classic Kanto characters from the series. Its been 16 years since the anime began, which is why they can drop so many ties to the past.

Also if you haven't noticed, Team Rocket haven't even appeared in most episodes of Best Wishes. Team Rocket even missing a single episode was unthinkable before BW began, now they've skipped half the saga.