• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon TCGO Comes To iPad

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
PokemonTCG_Online_Logo-600x383.jpg
A surprise reveal was made today as the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online has now been released in the form of an iPad app. The app hit Canada earlier this week and has since been added to the US and UK iTunes store.

A nice shiny trailer showing the trailer off was release and can be viewed above. If you want to download and use the app then your iPad must be running iOS 7 or higher.

It's also worth noting on my iPad Mini the app is crashing shortly after booting it up, it's unclear if it's a common problem or just something I'm experiencing but either way it's worth keeping in mind.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Not only did I have no idea that this had already been released in Canada...

If you want to download and use the app then your iPad must be running iOS 7 or higher.

Time to finally update my iPad iOS. </3
(We ignore the fact that it's completely silly that I'm still running iOS 6 in the first place :angel:)

Heh. Myself, I've never really gotten into the Trading Card game, but this may change things up. If it's for the iPad, it just made this a bit easier for me to use.

Also considering I've really never touched the trading card game, or even bothered to learn how it works, this might become my fixing-things-of-all-purposes duct tape. :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Heh. Myself, I've never really gotten into the Trading Card game, but this may change things up. If it's for the iPad, it just made this a bit easier for me to use.

Also considering I've really never touched the trading card game, or even bothered to learn how it works, this might become my fixing-things-of-all-purposes duct tape. :)

It's worth baring in mind that while the TCGO app/game is a great way to learn the game, and to practice with new decks, it's not very functional without going out and still actually buying the cards to redeem the codes for in the app. You won't really be able to get any of the cards you need to build a real competitive level deck in-game.

I hope the iPad and PC versions have cross play. And also that they get their fingers out and put it on Android sooner rather than later...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
And also that they get their fingers out and put it on Android sooner rather than later...
I can't see why they can't release on Android sooner rather than later - it's only a Unity app... I don't really get why it wasn't simultaneous!

Mind you, @Demelza's app is crashing on boot now, so maybe they should fix the iOS version first!