• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Rumble World Announced for 3DS eShop, Free-to-Play

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemon-Rumble-World-Reveal.png
During the latest Nintendo Direct stream, that aired earlier tonight, Pokémon Rumble World was announced as a new game within the Pokémon Rumble franchise coming to the Nintendo 3DS eShop - for free. Like Pokémon Shuffle before it, Pokémon Rumble World will be free to download and play with the ability to spend real world money to enhance your gaming experience. [prebreak][/prebreak]

Pokemon-Rumble-World-Primal.png

It was stated that Pokémon Rumble World will feature over 700 Toy Pokémon, including Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion forms, and players will be able to expand their collections via defeating wild Toy Pokémon - the same as we're used to from previous Rumble games. Unlike with Pokémon Rumble U, players will once again be able to swap out their active Toy Pokémon during stages with new toys that you've collected along the way. Further still, while the mechanic hasn't yet been fully explained, you'll be able to Mega Evolve your Toy Pokémon during gameplay under certain circumstances.

Pokemon-Rumble-World-Poke-D.png

The game will see players traveling to various locations by hot air balloons with the usage of Poké Diamonds, which can be acquired by completing certain objectives in-game, StreetPass, and by purchasing them with money from your eShop wallet. You'll need to spend your Poké Diamonds in order to obtain new hot air balloons, and the areas that you can explore - or more importantly, the wild Toy Pokémon that you'll encounter - will depend on which air balloon you're traveling in.

Pokémon Rumble World is set to release internationally on the 3DS eShop April 8th, 2015th. Be sure to check it out if you're a fan of the franchise! And hey, even if you've never played a Rumble game before, there's no hurt here in finally giving one a go. Free is free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've ended up buying every game within the Pokemon Rumble franchise so I'll most certainly be downloading this latest one as well. I'm glad that the gameplay is returning to more traditional Pokemon Rumble mechanics, too (ie. not being restricted to a single Pokemon of your choosing per stage). The Nintendo Direct stream didn't say anything about multi-player functionality however, so I'm curious to see if this game actually has any.

I noticed this on the eShop about an hour ago, so when I saw this I immediately read it and have now decided to download it, especially since it's free.

Free? Well then, I'm definitly getting this. I've only played Pokemon Rumble on my Wii, which I think was the first version...? (And the best in my opinion)

But I'm so glad that we can EVOLVE pokemon in this new rumble! YAY!!! I've been waiting for this FOREVER!

YueliaBreeze

Formerly Midnight Midna, MoonSnow
I will be downloading this when it comes out soon Linkachu cause i never played this type of game before and i think i might like it as i did with pokemon shuffle and hope it will be good.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I will be downloading this when it comes out soon Linkachu cause i never played this type of game before and i think i might like it as i did with pokemon shuffle and hope it will be good.

The Rumble games tend to be fun if you enjoy beat-'em-up action style gameplay, but they can also get tedious after a bit because of the fact they're simplistic games. Your Toy Pokemon usually only have two attacks and can't power up or evolve by usual means. As you collect more and more new Toy Pokemon your previous toys tend to get ignored due to being less powerful. Maybe this latest game will be changing things up a bit but I suspect that outside of having the ability to Mega Evolve it won't be too different.

For me, I enjoy the Rumble series because of the variety of Pokemon included within each of 'em and being able to use the Pokemon in a very different way from the RPG games. It's fun collecting the various Toy Pokemon, too. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Awesome! I loved the last Rumble game, so I'm pretty excited about this one. The footage I've seen of it looks very nifty, so I can't wait to give this one a try.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping to dig up Pokemon Rumble World's official English language trailer but seems like it still hasn't been shared yet, so in the meantime if anyone would like to check the game out in action you can watch its Japanese trailer (below). ^^

YueliaBreeze

Formerly Midnight Midna, MoonSnow
The Rumble games tend to be fun if you enjoy beat-'em-up action style gameplay, but they can also get tedious after a bit because of the fact they're simplistic games. Your Toy Pokemon usually only have two attacks and can't power up or evolve by usual means. As you collect more and more new Toy Pokemon your previous toys tend to get ignored due to being less powerful. Maybe this latest game will be changing things up a bit but I suspect that outside of having the ability to Mega Evolve it won't be too different.

For me, I enjoy the Rumble series because of the variety of Pokemon included within each of 'em and being able to use the Pokemon in a very different way from the RPG games. It's fun collecting the various Toy Pokemon, too. ^^
Well i hope you enjoy as much as i will since this will be my first time playing these games they look fun ever since i saw the rumble U it looked fun and i kinda wanted to get into the game since well i am kinda a big nerd in pokemon XD

Can someone tell me why the Pokemon Rumble series exists? Why is it important? Why have their been three installments? If we didn't have this, would there be Battle Frontier in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
If we didn't have this, would there be Battle Frontier in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?
No, because Rumble World (and the other Rumble games) are made by an entirely different studio - while the main series games are made by Game Freak, Rumble World was created by Ambrella. They don't share resources, and developing one game has no effect on the other. Same with Shuffle, which was made by Genius Sorority.

And the reason for Rumble existing is because different takes on the Pokémon franchise are never a bad thing to try, and apparently people enjoy them enough for them to sell well. Just because you may not enjoy the games does not mean they are not enjoyable. :)