• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Ruby Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am currently just before the elite four in pokemon ruby and i need help. I cant beat the elite four because of my team here as follows:

Sceptile lv40
Rock Smash
Screech
Leaf Blade
Strength

Gardevoir lv41
Calm Mind
Psychic
Flash
Thunderbolt

Hariyama lv42
Rock Tomb
Earthquake
Brick Break
Bulk up

Swellow lv41
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Fly
Return

Camerupt lv38
Amnesia
Rock Slide
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Sharpedo lv37
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Crunch
Surf

where can i level them up quickly? Grinding against Sidney is so boring and i swear i have beaten every trainer and have the exp.share

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong place. In that case do you think you could move it for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your levels are bit low for the Elite four and your moves on your Pokemon aren`t very strong because some have Hms, I would fly to the move deleter, delete some of those HMs, add new moves to replace the old ones, and then level up within victory road so you can get stronger.

Your levels are bit low for the Elite four and your moves on your Pokemon aren`t very strong because some have Hms, I would fly to the move deleter, delete some of those HMs, add new moves to replace the old ones, and then level up within victory road so you can get stronger.
uh, can you maybe give me some specific examples?

Frankly, your move composition in-game barely even matters. Just level-grind your team some more.
okay then. Those players who started with x and y better apreciate that they upgraded the experience share. Guess i will i have to grind against sidney for days on end, why did they design the game like that? That just seems so ridiculous doesnt it?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
It's a JRPG, grinding is built into the formula - if you don't like it, this is the wrong franchise for you :p

Go beat any trainers you haven't battled yet, fight any recurring events you can. It's not hard to level up, and shouldn't even take that long.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ignore my post if you've already beaten the Elite 4. However, assuming that you haven't...

I'd pretty much second everything that Rkwingman said here. Head to Victory Road and level up there. You can also take advantage of the Trainer's Eye to see who's ready to battle again.

Your movesets are actually pretty decent for in-game so there's not a whole lot I could suggest there, but it certainly doesn't hurt to get rid of the HMs and replace them with better attacks. Anything you put on would be useful so just cycle through your TM collection and see what each of your Pokemon can learn, then give them moves that will improve your team's overall type coverage. Also keep in mind that Gardevoir can learn Moonblast via the Move Relearner.

Failing all of that, abuse your Mega Stones relentlessly. :up:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Except their problem was re: Ruby, not OMEGA Ruby, Katie. XD

Either way, the idiot got banned by now, making this rather moot anyway. Lock'd!

Status
Not open for further replies.