• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light due for March 6

Pokmon_Ranger_Tracks_of_Light_Japan.png
The third Pokemon Ranger game, subtitled Tracks of Light, has been set for release in Japan for March 6. Once again, the game will take place in a new region - called Oblivia - and will feature more of the monster-circling gameplay that set the series apart. This time around, though, players can draw specific symbols to summon certain Pokemon to help out.

Of note is the fact that Tracks of Light will feature a multiplayer mode, the first in the series to do so: up to four players can take on a mission together. Also, much like previous Ranger games, Tracks of Light will allow a special event Pokemon to be transferred to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver - a Deoxys.

All that is known about the plot so far is that the main character, a Ranger, travels the region with their buddy, a Pichu who can, unusually enough, play the ukulele. The Ranger faces the Pokemon Nappers over the course of the game, though what the Nappers actually do is as of yet unclear.

A release date for any regions outside of Japan has not been set.

From Bulbanews

Continuing the story here, pokemon assists have a little make over from the previous game. When you use an assist in a battle, the pokemon will appear on the field and help attack, though they are at risk to being attacked, and could very much flee from the battle. Players can also draw special symbols to summon pokemon to aid the player. So far, Eevee, Croagunk, and Raikou have had their symbols confirmed. The full mechanism of symbols is unclear, whether you can do it in battle or only in the field is yet to be seen.

The event deoxys will run from the date of the game's release, up until May 17. And it's moves in the game you transfer it to are determined by the form it's in when you capture it. It is confirmed that Deoxys will have a move it wouldn't normally know, details on this matter will be made known next month.

Pokemon Nappers are most likely pokemon kidnappers, as suggested by the name. The Ukulele Pichu's role is not fully confirmed, though the possibility of it being a partner pokemon is likely. The Legendary Dogs will be capturable and ridable, and each has their own symbol allowing you to call them whenever you need them. The Latios duo is also featured, and will quite likely be just as rideable.

These are the details we have so far, more details are likely to be made known over the next two months up until the eventual release.

Does anyone have a clue what the Name is referring to yet? The first thing that popped into my head (probably due to the recent Zelda game) was trains, which would be quite odd, but I think I would love it.

Tracks can refer to train tracks, but they can also refer to footprints or other things left behind by an animal (or person) that someone can follow to 'track' the animal. So it could be that the game revolves around following some sort of ancient trail which will lead you to an extremely valuable treasure or even a pokemon. Team Nappers may have the goal to complete the trail first and use the treasure for their own ill deeds.

And yeah, maybe I should get the second game as well if I get the chance before the third comes out in the UK

Does anyone have a clue what the Name is referring to yet? The first thing that popped into my head (probably due to the recent Zelda game) was trains, which would be quite odd, but I think I would love it.

Yeah thats what i thoguht at first

Yay, a Deoxys! That'll replace the one my dead Diamond ate. :p

Tracks of light? In my opinion that refers to the special symbols you draw to summon other Pokemon.

Ugh. Another Pikachu ripoff for a partner? I liked the choices in the second game. Starly and Shieldon were awesome.