• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Origins Now Downloadable Through iTunes!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
14765_Pokmon_The_Origin_Poster.jpg

Some of you may remember that last October, before the release of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, a set of four special Pokémon episodes based on the story of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue were released. The episodes were released as Pokémon Origins and were regarded well by fans. Pokémon Origins also revealed Charizard X for the first time.

Since their airing in Japan and the short amount of time the episodes spent on Pokémon TV not much was ever said in regards to the episodes being released on DVD/Blu-Ray or any form in which you could own them. Well, good news today as it has been announced that you can now download Pokémon Origins from iTunes!

Each episode can be bought for £2.49 in HD or £1.89 in SD. The series can be bought all at once for £9.96 in HD or £7.56 in SD. This is a worldwide release, so the series can be bought through iTunes anywhere except for Japan and Australia where the series has already been released on DVD and/or Blu-Ray. You can download the series from right here.

A trailer for the series can be seen below:

Last edited:
I remember the first time I saw the four episodes... I was lucky enough to find them on YouTube before the video (yes, video singular) was taken down due to copyright. I'm very happy that they're finally out for purchase on iTunes... because I love iTunes to death and use it until it has been run dry.

Forever shall I watch these four episodes, and forever shall I love them with all my heart. Forever shall I share them with the world, and forever shall they stand as monuments that tell an epic tale of Pokemon history.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm personally not a huge fan of the Origins episodes (the first episode was great but the other three were somewhat hit and miss) but I still think it would be nice to officially own them in HD. Between my PC, iPhone, and iPad, it'll be fun having more Pokemon Anime stuffs on hand to abuse whenever I'm bored and/or out and about. :)

I never caught these episodes and I'm not really a user of iTunes, I think £10 for 4 episodes in HD is asking a little too much but I may be willing to part with some money for them.