• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Origins Coming To Pokémon TV In November

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
A hot topic among Pokémon fans recently has been the announcement of the Pokémon Origins anime episode covering the original story of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. The episode airs in Japan on the 2nd of October, but for those of us outside of Japan a surprise announcement has just been made through the official Pokémon Facebook page.
Pokémon The Origin Poster.jpg
It has been announced that Pokémon Origins will be streamed on the Pokémon TV section of Pokémon.com as well as being available to watch on the Pokémon TV apps. The episode is being split into four parts for its release outside of Japan, the first part being released on the 15th of November with the next three parts being released in the days that follow.

To celebrate the news an English trailer for the episode has also been released and can be seen below:

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
To be completely honest I'm not fond of the idea of the episode being split across four parts, I don't see why it -needs- to be done like that, but if they're being released close together then I can't grumble too much.

Mostly I'm glad they've gone to the effort of releasing this for us, and quite soon after Japan too. The animation looks pretty decent for Pokémon and it's clear that the episode is being aimed towards the people who've played the games from the beginning, which should make for a fun episode~

Yeah the episode idea for the dub is lame, its going to trick people into think this is a series rather than a standalone movie like it is in Japan.

Just watch, for the next few months people are going to say, "When are more Pokemon origins episodes coming out?" just because of the dub splitting them into episode chunks.

It reminds of the people asking for more Pokemon Chronicles, when in Japan they didn't air that way.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Not quite down with them splitting it up but this is excellent news regardless. I can't wait to watch these dubbed episodes with my younger sisters. Should be a nice treat for them since neither of 'em have played anything before Gen 3. :)

I wish they'd show it on Cartoon Network all together, or maybe release it on DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Download later this year... That would be REALLY nice!! Also, I now know where @Doctor Oak got his icon from, lol.

Last edited:
Split up or not, I'm actually pretty impressed about this. It'll be really cool to see an anime based on the games and to see Red hopefully be more likeable than Ash. The animation looks really good--in fact I prefer it to the actual anime.

Here's hoping we see something like this done for RSE as well.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm looking forward to seeing this, so I'll certainly be watching the parts as they release them :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Here's hoping we see something like this done for RSE as well.

All kinds of yes to that! A good RSE anime would be very welcome in my book. More emphasis on Groudon and Kyogre destroying the world, Rayquaza coming to stop them, and of course Steven and Wallace being at the scene instead of show stealing Lance.

As for the anime at hand, I'll be watching it the day it premiers along with all of the episodes that follows.

The split up thing seems a little silly to me but the animation looks better and doesn't look cheap but saying that from the very little I've seen of the XY anime that doesn't look cheap either

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
The split up thing seems a little silly to me but the animation looks better and doesn't look cheap but saying that from the very little I've seen of the XY anime that doesn't look cheap either

To be honest this and the XY trailers likely look better because they've had more time spent on them. While it's true that it's beginning to get easier to make better looking animation faster, I don't think we're at the point where they'll have the quality much, if any, higher than Best Wishes in the long run. Turning the episodes out weekly just doesn't give them the time to do so.

Yeah I know, but I think even the art style looks better so I hope they can at least retain that, I think it's really noticeable from the trailer with Chespin it looks more 3D and furry instead of feeling flat and smooth