• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Revealed!

According to Serebii (which was where I first heard about these games) "Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire."

So I guess it is safe to say-if you don't mind the altered phrase- "Hoenn Remake Officially Confirmed"

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
According to Serebii (which was where I first heard about these games) "Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire."

So I guess it is safe to say-if you don't mind the altered phrase- "Hoenn Remake Officially Confirmed"
With all due respect to Serebii... got another source for that? XP

Please don't insult other members for their opinions.
OHMIGOSHICAN'TWAITYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! IDON'TTHINKIMADEANYSENCE INTHE LASTSENTENCEBUTI'MTOOEXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANDILOVEHOENNSOMUCH,MYFIRSTPOKEMONGAMEAND- *takes a deep breath*... Wait.. I think I saw something that isn't right here..
"Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire" cool remake titles, but still meh; as I see 3rd gen (RSE) being the weakest/worst main story in Pokémon.
...HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?!?! stupid genwunners.....

Anyways, so excited for this, waiting for November patiently, but the best thing is TRUMPETS ARE BACK!!!!!!! Yes GameFreak, I ain't spendin' no money if there ain't no trumpets!! just kidding, but I'll be VERY dissapointed!!!

...HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?!?! stupid genwunners.....

So let me understand this is...I'm a "stupid genwunners" because I said I see 3rd gen (RSE) being the weakest/worst main story in Pokémon.

I've been playing Pokémon main handheld, since the Red & Blue days back when there was only 151 Pokémon. I've played every gen starting from the 1st gen all down to the 6th gen and have rank them by comparing them with the other gens.

I find 3rd gen being the weakest/ worst main story in Pokémon because Ruby & Sapphire fail in almost everything you can name of, when being compare to other Pokémon games....Rival, Pokémon, Starters, Evil Team etc.

I'm sorry if my views don't match your views, but calling someone a "stupid genwunners" on this site when we're here because we all like Pokémon; seems really stupid to me:@....ps Red & Blue may have been my first Pokémon games but I don't see them being the best (or the only true Pokémon either), because Red & Blue have been outdone since gen 2. :p

It's funny. When I was preordering Pokemon Y at Gamestop, the guy at the counter was complaining about the "chromosome" theme of the titles, and suggested that they should have used the Greek alphabet to name them, like "Pokemon Alpha," "Pokemon Beta," etc. Well, looks like he's now half-getting his wish.

Anyway, even though I didn't really care for the original Ruby and Sapphire, I like what they did with HeartGold and SoulSilver, so I'm excited about what they plan to do with these.

I have been DYING for them to make these games! I've called it since SS and HG were made. Took them long enough! I can't even THINK straight I'm so excited! This was my favorite generation! :D I remember when they first came out! I couldn't wait!

Though the remakes are unneeded (unlike FR, LG, HG, and SS because you could not trade from I or II gen into III gen), I am definitely hyped!

I am really exited - Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I really got into, and Gen 3 is my all-time favourite, no doubt. Also, not sure if anyone else noticed this, but:

2568n52.jpg

Groundon and Kyogre's new designs (possibly Mega Evolutions?) Carry the same Omega and Alpha symbols on their bodies respectively, and their supporting teams also have also had the symbols hidden in their logos the entire time, which is pretty nifty.

Though the remakes are unneeded (unlike FR, LG, HG, and SS because you could not trade from I or II gen into III gen), I am definitely hyped!

Technically speaking, HGSS weren't needed because we could get the Pokemon from other games--even the starters. Just like the Gameboy Color before it, the Gameboy Advance is obsolete even though we can transport Pokemon from RSE if you have an old DS/DS Lite. If we had followed the precedent, we should've gotten these remakes back in Gen V but now we get to have actual 3DS remakes instead of DS remakes.

I've waited for my home to return ever since Johto returned. I can wait for a few more months, and when the time has come, I shall be heading home to venture out once more

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I called it! I so called it! I knew they were remaking Ruby and Sapphire for the 3DS! I don't know if this is bad because I have to wait until November, or good because I totally called it!^o^
Dude, we all called it. I've been waiting for these remakes since HG/SS >:D.

I find 3rd gen being the weakest/ worst main story in Pokémon because Ruby & Sapphire fail in almost everything you can name of, when being compare to other Pokémon games....Rival, Pokémon, Starters, Evil Team etc.

Hoenn's my favourite region. The 3rd Gen is the only one in which I like all three forms of all three starters, and Hoenn also contains most of my favourite Pokemon and routes. It's the one which I remember even when I've forgotten half of the Pokemon, routes, rivals, and Gym Leaders in later games.

Personally, about all I remember from the 4th Gen was the Physical/Special split and how it improved (and broke) so many Pokemon. The thought of the 3rd Gen with the Physical/Special split already brings it close to my favourite handheld game ever, and that's without even improving the graphics. Did anyone mention Secret Bases which actually work because we have proper online support now? :D

I don't see how the story is weaker than that of either of the first two games (which are, essentially, Fight Gym Get Badge Become A Pokemon Master). I did like the fact there was more differences between Ruby and Sapphire than the unique Pokemon on the cartridge, although I would have to reluctantly agree that the story as presented in Emerald makes more sense than the version in Ruby/Sapphire where one team is good and the other evil.

To be honest, the only games which have a particularly strong story are the 5th Gen. That's just the way it is. I doubt many of us play the games for the story - it's not their strength. The story is kept deliberately simple so that small children can understand what's going on. The interesting parts are the exploration, the new Pokemon, the new movesets, the tactics. That's what the games are about really, not Fight Gym Get Badge.

When first i heard the news, I was at school waiting for the metro,so i couldn't scream or anything. However, my jaw dropped. I'm super excited for these games.

In a very shocking and surprising reveal, the official Pokémon YouTube channel has just revealed remakes of the third generation Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire games.
The two remakes will go by the name of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Both games will be released worldwide for the Nintendo 3DS in November. Nothing else about the games is currently known.

The trailer which revealed the games can be seen below:

Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire were originally released for the Gameboy Advance in Japan November 2002, the games were then released outside of Japan in early 2003.
This is going to be sooo good !!

There is mega blaziken.... There will probably mega swampert and mega sceptile too :O

Yes Someone told me that there IS going to be Mega Groudon, Kyogre AND Rayquaza! I hope it's true :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There is mega blaziken.... There will probably mega swampert and mega sceptile too :O

Yes Someone told me that there IS going to be Mega Groudon, Kyogre AND Rayquaza! I hope it's true :D

I don't that that is necessarily true. Groundon and Kyogre do look different, so there is a possibility for some type of Form change, but that doesn't mean it is definitely Mega Evolution.

Also, unless I'm mistaken(if so, please correct me), there has been no confirmation that Rayquaza appears any different in these games. However, I would not say that it isn't a possibility.

While I'm not sure if the sources are 100% credible, apparently Pokémon Get☆TV is going to show the first ever footage of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this Sunday at 07:30 JST. So if you have any connections to Japanese streaming, this may be something worth seeing

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...d_alpha_sapphire_to_air_in_japan_this_weekend

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69197421

http://pokejungle.net/2014/05/09/pokemon-get-tv-to-air-first-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-footage/

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
While I'm not sure if the sources are 100% credible, apparently Pokémon Get☆TV is going to show the first ever footage of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this Sunday at 07:30 JST. So if you have any connections to Japanese streaming, this may be something worth seeing

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...d_alpha_sapphire_to_air_in_japan_this_weekend

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69197421

http://pokejungle.net/2014/05/09/pokemon-get-tv-to-air-first-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-footage/
We reported on that - keep up!

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
That's kinda the thing though, I'd bet any money at all that these games weren't intended to be revealed today. Sure, they were due for reveal soon, but I'd be surprised if they weren't going to be revealed until Nintendo's E3 presentation. I could be completely wrong though, and the one way to tell if I am or not is this months edition of CoroCoro which should include something about the games if they were due to be revealed this soon, if the magazine says nothing then I'm even more certain they were meant for E3.

Nintendo have had a lot of bad press today in regards to needing to appeal more to the western market, what better way to take people's attention off the bad press than to announce new Pokémon games, remakes of much loved Pokémon games at that. It also helps that Pokémon sells extremely well outside of Japan for them, so this was pretty much a win-win situation - and after seeing how the public and press have reacted to the news I can't say it wasn't a wise choice. Another sign of this being a rushed job is that the social media outlets never built up to having an announcement of some sort like they normally would even for really small things. The trailer is evidently a rushed job too, I expect E3 will offer us some proper gameplay footage.
You got your wish, @Demelza. ;)
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/1...r-pokemon-ruby-and-sapphire-for-nintendo-3ds/

In a very shocking and surprising reveal, the official Pokémon YouTube channel has just revealed remakes of the third generation Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire games.
The two remakes will go by the name of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Both games will be released worldwide for the Nintendo 3DS in November. Nothing else about the games is currently known.

The trailer which revealed the games can be seen below:

Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire were originally released for the Gameboy Advance in Japan November 2002, the games were then released outside of Japan in early 2003.

Well my body is regi (cough)

That's a good point. For example (correct me if I'm wrong), didn't they make Emrald Version after Fire Red/Leaf Green?
That's right. And people thought it was the precedent and that was one reason why people kept trying to tell us that HGSS wasn't going to happen because they'd already released Platinum. At this point, I think don't think their is a precedent anymore since we didn't even GET a 'third' version or a remake in Gen V which honestly worked out for the best. We're getting ORAS as a true 3DS game instead a DS game like BW/BW2 were.