• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
A.jpg
Now that we’ve gotten into September and the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire isn’t that far away video games stores across the world have been revealing the pre-order bonuses being offered for the two games. We’ve decided to round it all up in one handy article for you so you have an idea of what’s on offer. You can find out more after the cut!

[prebreak][/prebreak]

10991144-1409163303-832345.jpg 10991143-1409212452-416744.jpg

If you’re in Europe then you have a fair bit of choice. Nintendo are offering the games in steel book editions with a figure of either Groudon or Kyogre depending on the game you pick via their online store. Video game retailer GAME are also offering the games in steel book edition, but they aren’t giving out the figures that Nintendo are. If you happen to be buying with online retailer ShopTo then you’ll be getting a keychain featuring Torchic.

charizard-plushes-toys-r-us-oras-preorder-bonus.jpg

If you’re in North America then you also have quite a fair bit of choice as if you order from GameStop you’ll get a bonus poster. If you happen to order a copy of both of the games from Toys R US you’ll be able to get a Mega Charizard X or a Mega Charizard Y plush toy.

jpfigures.jpg artbook.jpg

If you happen to be in Japan then you’ll get a bonus figure of Groudon or Kyogre with the games (different figures from Europe as well). If you buy both copies of the game then you’ll also be getting an artbook.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I want those plushies >:0 time to save up now~

.... haha yeah right I'm never getting the games sob

But in all seriousness these are really cool little bonuses, especially the figures (and, of course, PLUSHIESSSS). If I ever get a 3DS in the near future I'm definitely getting them :D

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Oh Japan. You always get the best stuff. >< Oh well, a poster is always nice. I just need to find the wall space for it :'D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The lesson here, clearly, is don't be not Japanese.

Pretty frustrating that they not only get way, way better figures than we do (why can't they just be the same ones? Why is that so hard?), but there's absolutely no way to get that art book otherwise.

i have had a hard time deciding which version to get, or not to get it at all. if the art book does happen to be released in the US and UK then ill buy both like i did when x and y were released. i got up at 8 am and went to my nearest gamestop and bought both versions and i was the second person there. i may do the same and get both and possibly lend a version to a friend (one of my friends is currently borrowing my x version). enough of that i really would like the art book and possibly the kyogre figure. im also hoping that the new pokemon center might have OR/AS merchandise

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
how can i get it?
The ways of getting the pre-order bonuses are listed in the article - but you can't get the bonus for a region you're not in. (As someone in Europe, I can't get the Japanese art book, for example, but I can get the Steelbooks and figures by ordering from Nintendo UK's online store.)

Nothing for Australia/Oceania regions? -_-
I haven't heard anything, but I suspect Nintendo Down Under will announce something once they get around to it.

I'm pretty bummed about the stupid poster I'll be getting. Got it for X and Y and was super dissapointed about that, too.

All the preorder stuff though, as much as I want them, are usually way too expensive to port or buy off ebay after it's out.

If Nintendo or just /anyone/ related to Pokemon on the corporate level could take their old stock or region specific preorder bonuses and throw it on a website...then it'd prolly be out of stock, but still!

Now that we’ve gotten into September and the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire isn’t that far away video games stores across the world have been revealing the pre-order bonuses being offered for the two games. We’ve decided to round it all up in one handy article for you so you have an idea of what’s on offer. You can find out more after the cut!

If you’re in Europe then you have a fair bit of choice. Nintendo are offering the games in steel book editions with a figure of either Groudon or Kyouga depending on the game you pick via their online store. Video game retailer GAME are also offering the games in steel book edition, but they aren’t giving out the figures that Nintendo are. If you happen to be buying with online retailer ShopTo then you’ll be getting a keychain featuring Torchic.

If you’re in North America then you also have quite a fair bit of choice as if you order from GameStop you’ll get a bonus poster. If you happen to order a copy of both of the games from Toys R US you’ll be able to get a Mega Charizard X or a Mega Charizard Y plush toy.

If you happen to be in Japan then you’ll get a bonus figure of Groudon or Kyouga with the games (different figures from Europe as well). If you buy both copies of the game then you’ll also be getting an artbook.
I wish i could get all of this in the U.S.

If you’re in Europe then you have a fair bit of choice. Nintendo are offering the games in steel book editions with a figure of either Groudon or Kyouga depending on the game you pick via their online store. Video game retailer GAME are also offering the games in steel book edition, but they aren’t giving out the figures that Nintendo are. If you happen to be buying with online retailer ShopTo then you’ll be getting a keychain featuring Torchic.

If you happen to be in Japan then you’ll get a bonus figure of Groudon or Kyouga with the games (different figures from Europe as well). If you buy both copies of the game then you’ll also be getting an artbook.

Aw man ! D: Japan has all the cool stuff! You can easily buy a plushie from the online pokemon merch store so it's not really special and a poster is well, a poster. You can't do much with a poster except hang it up in your room. I would LOVE to have an actual pokemon FIGURE, or if I buy both copies an ARTBOOK!!!! :,(

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
The UK Groudon figure looks like he's standing on a cookie! Also,I noticed that you put Kyogre's Japanese spelling/pronunciation.